Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Graham, last evening on our PBS TV station Rick Steves, a travel guide, did a show on London. It was very good and really cool seeing places that I had been to in the city.

I had my first visit to London since 2019 last week . Met up with my best friend for ' mum of the groom' dress shopping ❤️

It was strange at first in this post covid world, but not impossible so and we had a fun day.  Eating out was allowed for outdoor spaces so had a great meal at a pavement cafe. Even went on London buses and felt quite happy about it 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I just returned from Lowes too. Stopped by to see if they had any squirrell proof bird feeders. I have tried everything and nothing works to keep them out of the bird feeders.

My homemade squirrel deterrent bird feeder I designed at night during yet another bout of insomnia (where most of my good ideas come from) is 100% effective to keep them out.  And we have a LOT of squirrels.  Before we left, we counted up to 19 (all on the ground hoping the birds scatter some seeds down).  

I also have to keep it up high, to keep the Deer out of it.  Buried a larger PVC plastic pole in the ground, with a smaller one that slides into it.  I bring it down to refill, then slide it back up into position, holding with a through bolt.  Under the feeder is a large plastic plant pot installed upside down.  Bird feeder is attached to that.  Works great!  Love to watch the frustrated squirrels climb up the pole, get up under the pot, and have to climb back down.  😄  

This picture happens to have an Alligator under the feeder.  Also good squirrel deterrent.  😉 

20210404_121930.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nothing wrong with humans providing some help for all the harm we have caused them.

My outdoor birds live a much happier life, compared to their cousins raised in chicken farms.  😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, The Avegers, Thor, Iron Man, etc...

I liked Thor Ragnarok....it had the comic appeal that allows that type to not take it so seriously that I enjoyed.  It was actually shown on a flight I was on. 😉 

Otherwise I have not watched all of them.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, I have that project as well. 

Should have made more progress by now😪

Yep.  Surprising how much research time it takes.  I have mine broken up into 4 chapters.  One for my dad's line, one for my mother's line, and one each for my wife's dad and mom lines.  Up to 58 pages now with photos and narratives, and this is only details on the direct line and not all their other offspring.  My goal is to finish by Christmas.

It was crazy when one of the descendants of my great-great grandfather on my dad's side traced all of the great-great grandfather's descendants.  He had 12 kids, and each of them had bunches, etc....  So they had put together a 300 page book for the 100th reunion in 2002 that just had boring basic data like names, date born, date married, date died, etc.  They listed 1,905 descendants from him, plus 976 spouses.  That number just seemed mind-boggling to me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I liked Thor Ragnarok....it had the comic appeal that allows that type to not take it so seriously that I enjoyed.  It was actually shown on a flight I was on. 😉 

Otherwise I have not watched all of them.  

I read that they purposely made Ragnarok that way after the surprising success of Guardians of the Galaxy, which also has a similar comic appeal.

• Like 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

I read that they purposely made Ragnarok that way after the surprising success of Guardians of the Galaxy, which also has a similar comic appeal.

I am guessing that also.  Love "Dead Pool" for the same reason, which became hugely successful.  😉 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

The WW2 items would be tough to get rid of. All i have from my dad back then is a photo of the bomber crew he was a part of. 

My dad actually ended up as a photographer during the war, he got to travel to some neat places and photograph a few celebs including Bob Hope and Eleanor Roosevelt.  Have many pictures I can't part with and my daughter is drooling over.

• Like 3

Deciding not to travel into the town/wine area yesterday, we enjoyed the day at the little house.  Set up our own wine and cheese tasting on the patio over the vineyard, using local wines and local cheese we bought.  Sure, area has a lot of wineries...but also very known for their homemade cheese...yum!!  

The "Truffle Tremor" was the best.  😉  

20210504_154747.jpg

20210504_154754.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My homemade squirrel deterrent bird feeder I designed at night during yet another bout of insomnia (where most of my good ideas come from) is 100% effective to keep them out.  And we have a LOT of squirrels.  Before we left, we counted up to 19 (all on the ground hoping the birds scatter some seeds down).  

I also have to keep it up high, to keep the Deer out of it.  Buried a larger PVC plastic pole in the ground, with a smaller one that slides into it.  I bring it down to refill, then slide it back up into position, holding with a through bolt.  Under the feeder is a large plastic plant pot installed upside down.  Bird feeder is attached to that.  Works great!  Love to watch the frustrated squirrels climb up the pole, get up under the pot, and have to climb back down.  😄  

This picture happens to have an Alligator under the feeder.  Also good squirrel deterrent.  😉 

20210404_121930.jpg

Thank you! I am goign to try that! without the alligator part 😆😬 LOL

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you! I am goign to try that! without the alligator part 😆😬 LOL

You are most welcome!  The funny Alligator is an old local with one blind eye.  He ran smack into the feeder and then just laid there for awhile.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

You are most welcome!  The funny Alligator is an old local with one blind eye.  He ran smack into the feeder and then just laid there for awhile.  😉 

I am amazed that you are so casual about alligators! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending Owen our Birthday wishes.

Good luck for your mam's eye check today.

Thanks Graham. Owen is busy doing home school but is excited to open his gifts when the day ends. 

Mom’s eye appointment went well too. She is allowed to drive again. They asked that she not drive from the surgery day to this review. 

A341128A-13E9-4921-B85B-7C1658435438.thumb.jpeg.64d170da18709401e425337145f7905f.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So on a completely other note on things I'm doing while we can not sail. I've mentioned watching cruise and other things related on tv such as "Below Deck," "Mighty Cruise Ships," "Black Sails," etc.... Now I've have found entertainment in watching a You Tube channel called "Sailing Doodles." It follows a guy who used to be a corporate jet pilot, who had a stroke and could not fly anymore so he sold everything, bought a sailboat and now lives onboard and travels the world with his two dogs. He picks up crew from time to time and it's really fun to watch. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkDwexrF43p_1QurfKFBCBA

I have been following him for a over a year. Unfortunately his sail boat recently suffered an accident and he now has a large power cruiser. He still has crew that join him though.

I must say his crew makes the videos easy to watch😉, over and above the natural beautiful scenery they show. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

So after 48 hours since my vaccine shot I have had almost no symptoms.  I had a mild headache on Monday but woke up Tuesday fine.  Everything has been just like usual since then.  DW had a sore arm for a couple of days but that is it.

• Like 10

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Greek flag gift wrappings.... any meaning to it, like moussaka will be served at the birthday party?😁

LOL, when I looked at them I saw Princess cruise line towels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have been following him for a over a year. Unfortunately his sail boat recently suffered an accident and he now has a large power cruiser. He still has crew that join him though.

I must say his crew makes the videos easy to watch😉, over and above the natural beautiful scenery they show. 

I agree the scenery of the different islands is good research for future cruises. I started at the beginning and admit I got emotional around the episodes with the dogs. I'm in the middle of season 5. I've seen a couple of new ones with his powerboat since his boat was destroyed. I think he does a great job with the production of his videos and he gets some amazing drone shots. I actually find the info on how he fixes things that go wrong really interesting. He's got an amazing lifestyle and a fun crew. Not quite sure what the relationship is with them but I really don't care, none of my business.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree the scenery of the different islands is good research for future cruises. I started at the beginning and admit I got emotional around the episodes with the dogs. I'm in the middle of season 5. I've seen a couple of new ones with his powerboat since his boat was destroyed. I think he does a great job with the production of his videos and he gets some amazing drone shots. I actually find the info on how he fixes things that go wrong really interesting. He's got an amazing lifestyle and a fun crew. Not quite sure what the relationship is with them but I really don't care, none of my business.

He is most definitely mechanically inclined. He knows his way around engines and can edit a great video.

I honestly think his crew are friends, and his last love was a crew member from a few years ago.  Either way it doesn’t change the quality of the videos, nor the scenery.  I throughly enjoyed his last video from St Thomas.  It’s nice when you recognize a few of the places in the videos. The clear blue waters of the Caribbean are hard to beat. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am going to have to watch some of this as Below Deck is not doing it for me this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am going to have to watch some of this as Below Deck is not doing it for me this season.

Yes the drama this season is more than any previous seasons. You want to go "just shut up and do your job and quit whining." Sailing Doodles does not have drama.

• Like 4