Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, island lady said:

You were so happy...you flipped for joy!  😉  

Love Coconut Jacks!  They have the best coconut fried shrimp!!  

Coconut Jacks scallops are pretty darned good also!!  We had some kind of crab/something balls for an appetizer;   that was delicious, for sure!😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We just booked this AM the Celebrity Edge for 6/26 - our 48 th anniversary celebration................and then extend it for the 7/3 & 10 cruises too. They just made a port change - San Juan is out - Nassau is the replacement.............BOOOOOO!!!!!

I promise to post here what our experiences are for the first ship sailing out of the USA. You will read the Good, Bad and the Ugly (hope that it is a GOOD)!!!!!

We just booked Edge for the 11/6 8 night cruise.  The thought that in less than 6 months we will be on a ship is exciting.  After I read the email from LLP that they were approved by the CDC, I mentioned it to Dave.  His response was “when do we go?”.  We rented a house in Virginia for early October, our sons will meet us there.  We would all rather be on the Canada/New England cruise we had booked for then.  Woohoo!  Maybe life will be back to normal soon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Today baking nut keiffels

I've never had a keiffel before and after looking it up and seeing what's inside it, I'm upset that I've never had one.  Cream cheese, this is right up my alley.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I've never had a keiffel before and after looking it up and seeing what's inside it, I'm upset that I've never had one.  Cream cheese, this is right up my alley.

I never heard of a keiffel and after looking it up and seeing it is a Hungarian item I know why .I do not believe that I have ever eaten Hungarian food.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never heard of a keiffel and after looking it up and seeing it is a Hungarian item I know why .I do not believe that I have ever eaten Hungarian food.

I looked it up too since it looked delish! According to Chef Google, the PA Dutch claim it is their invention??????

Who ever wants to claim them, I just want the best recipe please.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Got my second Pfizer jab today.  Bring on cruising, I'm ready to go 😀

That is excellent news.

Hopefully you have none or only minimal side effects.

It is a relief when you have had the second jab and more so in about 2 weeks when the full protection occurs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like a fun trip.  What did you think of Hammock Beach?  I went there on a guys golf trip a few years ago and thought it could be a good couples vacation place. Those are 2 very different types of trips though.  There wasn't much around the resort at the time and you needed to go back across the Intercoastal waterway to get to restaurants (if you didn't want to eat at the resort).

This was our 2nd time there. We prefer the main building suites to the Lodge rooms. It is great for a couples trip. Beautiful multi-level pool area.  We only ate onsite.  Restaurants were good, not great but this was our last stop and we were just too lazy to go out searching for something else.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Most resorts in the BVI sends out a boat to pick you up from Tortola. So you fly to Tortola. Don't know about direct flights to Tortola, so would have to fly to STT first and take a connector. Yes, too much flying, but worth every penny for paradise.

I went to Jost on a day trip from a Celebrity cruise two years ago and never wanted to get back on the cat that ferreid us there. First time in my life I really wanted to miss the ship and become a castaway, but DH would just not have it!🙄😉😄So here I am!🥴

We visited JVD on a catamaran excursion from an NCL cruise in 2017. It’s the most beautiful beach we’ve ever seen.  And the Painkillers at Soggy Dollar aren’t bad either 😉.  (That’s where I’m sitting in my avatar photo)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So many possible comments. I’ll just remain quiet LOL 🤐

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Ummmm....  😮 

38 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Evidently eggplants are not gender neutral.....................

OK, OK, I rest may case.....

Trying your "garden variety" of a sunset.....

_DSC4025.jpg2.thumb.jpg.eba65be989081732bb6f5f2187d6c896.jpg

• Like 12

I am another fan of Jost Van Dyke.  

We went on a Royal excursion there from Tortola. I want to go back (please). Photo below taken when we were enroute.

Kenny Chesney song ..... It's That Time of Day (Adios to Jost) 🎸  🎵  🍹

"It's That Time Of Day"

It's that time of day
That we all knew would come
To pay for all the rum
And pull up anchor cause we're done
It's that time of day
I see a cotton candy sky
So many colors in my eyes
Proof again God's alive

This ain't a goodbye
It's a "till I see you again"
What a wonderful time
We've all shared my friends
Another day at sea
Has come and gone away
So adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
It's that time of day

It's that time of day
When we bottle up the sun
Let our inhibitions run
Feeling courageous and numb
It's that time of day
When we take a leap of faith
Hand in hand as we pray
In this moment we could stay

This ain't a goodbye
It's a "till I see you again"
What a wonderful time
We've all shared my friends
Another day at sea
Has come and gone away
So adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
It's that time of day

Adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
It's that time of day

I see sails in silhouette
A sailor's sky turning red
So many I love you's said
Toasts are made
It's that time of day
It's that time of day
It's that time of day

Adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
Adios to Jost
It's that time of day

666  - Enroute to Jost Van Dyke BVI.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The problem is there are so many I like.   We have stayed in Bermuda a couple of times - love it, we have stayed in Aruba 3 times, love it, we stayed in St. Lucia, love it, stayed in Antigua twice, love it.    Which island would you pick?

In the winter months we would try to head further south to guarantee warmer weather. One winter we were caught in a cold snap in Playa Del Carman. First couple days were 70 and windy. We also would want a direct flight from Toronto this year. 

So we would aim for the following, in no order, for a winter destination with a direct flight. 

• Antigua
  • St Martin 
  • Barbados
  • Turks and Caicos 

35 minutes ago, mets07 said:

666  - Enroute to Jost Van Dyke BVI.JPG

The Caribbean really is a special place. I never understand the people who make comments like once you've seen one of the islands you've seen them all. Each of them is special in its own way.

I always find peace when I'm down there.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

In the winter months we would try to head further south to guarantee warmer weather. One winter we were caught in a cold snap in Playa Del Carman. First couple days were 70 and windy. We also would want a direct flight from Toronto this year. 

So we would aim for the following, in no order, for a winter destination with a direct flight. 

• Antigua
  • St Martin 
  • Barbados
  • Turks and Caicos 

All 4 these islands are great options.  We stayed at Royalton Antigua https://www.royaltonresorts.com/royalton-antigua.  We went Jan and Feb and both years we had beautiful weather.  You could even get an over the water bungalow.  

One year we stayed solely at the resort and enjoyed everything they had to offer.  The last time there they arranged a couple excursions for us.  We even went to the cruise port to wander around.  

I'm sure whatever you pick will be an amazing time.  

• Like 2

My mom came back from the cottage yesterday. She had a dental appointment this morning, and a appointment at the hospital this afternoon for her hip pain. It is probably the beginning of possible hip replacement. I took her to that appointment to drop her at the front door and avoid the long walk from the parking garage.  I washed her car, and picked up a few of her favourite snacks as a surprise. 

Tomorrow I will take her to her eye appointment, which is check up post cataract procedure.  Their office, used to me my dad’s original office when he was an architect.  I spent a lot of time in it as a kid so it is cool going back. When she is there I’ll check in at my office which is just 2 blocks away. A few things to drop off, a couple to pick up and a few things to discuss.  

I’ll pick her up after and bring her home.  We’ll grab lunch and she will head up to the cottage immediately as they are starting the shore wall work again. It was nice to spend some time with her just chatting today. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

So, it looks sort of like a homemade version of the street food they sold in Budapest when we spent 5 nights there back in 2014.  the baked it on a cone over a fire.  We bought two or 3 while we were there.  It was sort of like a cinnamon roll, but not, no icing.  There is a street vendor here that sells them at a farmer’s market. 

Not sure it is the same thing, but it looks somewhat similar.