Interesting Upcoming Cruise Stats...WOW.

This is about our upcoming (maybe) June 22nd cruise out of Amsterdam. Back around mid-January, it had around six cabins, all various categories yet to be booked. Our category, JS, was fully booked/sold out at the time.

Last night, I went to have a look to see what's yet to be booked. I started from inside cabins through JS, fore, mid and aft, and now found 398 cabins now OPEN. Since Brilliance has 1075 cabins, that's around 37% of open cabins yet to be booked.

Given that the cruise is approx. two months out from now, I wonder what the odds are that it'll end up being cancelled? With all the bad things I've been reading on with FCC, I'm actually HOPING they just cancel the cruise....I don't mind waiting 90 days for our full refund on it....and we have not even booked flights yet but if we do, we'll be smart to do it via choice air to assure we won't get ANY refund on our flights.

So, any feedback/outlook on this cruise? What do you all think - will they eventually cancel, OR, post this as a huge price drop in order to quickly load up the cabins?

I have a b2b booked for this summer for europe and have been reading alot of news online some from government sites in europe telling people that travel is highly unlikely and they should plan a local holiday this summer.   Highly doubt any cruises will happen will europe especially one in june.  But never know as things are constantly changing.  

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, if you book flights, use Air2Sea

I think choice air is synonymous with that, yes indeed....I read the nightmare of a couple that booked via British Airways and only got their taxes refunded and they lost on their air fare....their cruise cancelled on them but the airline said no money back....it pays to book via the cruise line.

13 minutes ago, GMoney said:

I'm surprised you're surprised about cabin availability. Your cruise won't sail. For starters, it will very challenging to get a crew in place. 

Actually NOT really surprised, but your outlook reflects ours as well. What's ironic though, is us actually HOPING this one cancels.

41 minutes ago, johnjen said:

I think choice air is synonymous with that, yes indeed....I read the nightmare of a couple that booked via British Airways and only got their taxes refunded and they lost on their air fare....their cruise cancelled on them but the airline said no money back....it pays to book via the cruise line.

If you book through the cruise line make sure you book “refundable”. If you book non refundable air you are still at the mercy of airline policies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spunks said:

Since the Brilliance is currently off the coast of Florida.....waiting as we all are for some direction, I doubt it will go to Europe at all this year.

Jewel could be used for those routes

2 hours ago, johnjen said:

Given that the cruise is approx. two months out from now, I wonder what the odds are that it'll end up being cancelled?

So, any feedback/outlook on this cruise? What do you all think - will they eventually cancel, OR, post this as a huge price drop in order to quickly load up the cabins?

I will give it a 99.9999% chance it will be cancelled.  In two months there is zero chance any European country is going to be willing to support the cruise industry in the even of an outbreak and there is no miracle drug or vaccine coming by June 22nd.  Football(soccer) matches In Europe in full stadiums will come back before cruises.  If those start happening, cruising may come a couple months afterward.  

They will also post a price drop prior to cancelling to get more people to book it So they can get some incoming revenue.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnjen said:

This is about our upcoming (maybe) June 22nd cruise out of Amsterdam. Back around mid-January, it had around six cabins, all various categories yet to be booked. Our category, JS, was fully booked/sold out at the time.

Last night, I went to have a look to see what's yet to be booked. I started from inside cabins through JS, fore, mid and aft, and now found 398 cabins now OPEN. Since Brilliance has 1075 cabins, that's around 37% of open cabins yet to be booked.

Given that the cruise is approx. two months out from now, I wonder what the odds are that it'll end up being cancelled? With all the bad things I've been reading on with FCC, I'm actually HOPING they just cancel the cruise....I don't mind waiting 90 days for our full refund on it....and we have not even booked flights yet but if we do, we'll be smart to do it via choice air to assure we won't get ANY refund on our flights.

I don't see it happening - hope I'm wrong and things are good but just doesn't seem like cruising will be part of our lives for a while. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Those were never cancelled in Belarus and they are playing without disruption.

I apologize.  Let me clarify.  Large scale football matches.  Like EPL, etc that have 50,000+ people in the stands.  Not like a small scale high school game with 500-2,000 people in the stands

Edited by rimmit

Apart from the sailing being extremely unlikely to take place, I can't see International tourist travel starting this summer. A number of borders would have to reopen and many countries, including the US, are far from ready to allow large groups to leave and possibly return with more positive results putting stretched resources under more pressure. J.M.O.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rimmit said:

I apologize.  Let me clarify.  Large scale football matches.  Like EPL, etc that have 50,000+ people in the stands.  Not like a small scale high school game with 1,000 people in the stands

Dinamo Minsk may not appreciate being called a high school team.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Dinamo Minsk may not appreciate being called a high school team.

I apologize again.  I meant high school level attendance.  Obviously not skill.  Tell Dinamo Minsk I am meant no disrespect.  They can obviously crush any HS team in the US and likely most of our MLS teams as well.

Edited by rimmit
  • Haha 1

Sorry to disagree, but this will sail, in my opinion they will resume on June 11th. They have to survive as a company and eventually make money. I think the pre-sail checks will be stringent and they will add something to the ticket contract about covid and suing specifically etc. etc. But I think they will sail, Royal Caribbean like most companies will get back to work soon. Mouths to feed, and bills to pay.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spunks said:

Since the Brilliance is currently off the coast of Florida.....waiting as we all are for some direction, I doubt it will go to Europe at all this year.

Actually been watching Brilliance on Port Cam as she been sitting in Tampa last few days, was in port several days week ago also. Looks like they are soing some maintenance on it this stop. Was supposed be on it now for next 4 weeks. Know the crew has been staying in passenger Cabins and can see one is in mine at nite. At least someone is able to use it

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you book through the cruise line make sure you book “refundable”. If you book non refundable air you are still at the mercy of airline policies. 

Well, dang! We just booked our flights to Sydney for our Feb/March cruise. If RCCL cancels that cruise, I thought the Air2Sea reservations would automatically be refunded, even if booked non-refundable. Wish I would have read this post sooner! Those flights were pretty pricey, so now I sure hope we can go! Aaagh!