If Vegas can come up with a plan.....

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Coming soon...the Deluxe Elevator Package!  Front-of-line access, dedicated elevator...

One word 

Escalators😉

Oh, and I have seen them for shopping carts, so scooters shouldn't be a problem

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Can you go across the top and avoid the 3 sea days?  

Maybe more Panama Canal sailings or round the horn to get ships to Alaska.

Med fleet never leaves, winters in Canaries 

Lots of possibilities

Yes.  If you do Northern TAs you could do it with the smaller ships.  I do not think Greenland can accommodate anything more than brilliance class though, so they would just have to sit the oasis and quantum year round in place or do nonrevenue sailings is they decided to go that route.

Interesting times.  I am sure RCI and all the cruise lines are throwing any idea at the wall right now and seeing what may stick.

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

If anyone has Covid-19 symptoms at embarkation, they will not be allowed to board.

If they develop symptoms after the cruise begin, to CDC requirements for cruises to start again include quarantining passengers who have symptoms, upgrading their onboard medical facilities and providing 3 ships for handling an outbreak - a hospital ship, quarantine ship and residential ship for those providing care.

Many travel insurance companies are not covering or restricting claims for Covid-19 since it now a known pandemic, so I’m not sure that will help much.

Here is an excerpt from the CDC requirements and a link to the website.

“e. Protocols for any COVID-19 testing, including details relating to the shore-side transport, administration, and operationalization of laboratory work if onboard laboratory work is not feasible;

f. Onboard isolation, quarantine, and social distancing protocols to minimize the risk of transmission and spread of COVID-19;

g. Onboard medical staffing, including number and type of staff, and equipment in sufficient quantity to provide a hospital level of care (e.g., ventilators, facemasks, personal protective equipment) for the infected without the need for hospitalization onshore;

h. An outbreak management and response plan to provision and assist an affected cruise ship that relies on industry resources, e.g., mobilization of additional cruise ships or other vessels to act as “hospital” ship for the infected, “quarantine” ship for the exposed, and “residential” ship for those providing care and treatment, including the ability to transport individuals between ships as needed;”

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships_Extension_4-9-20-encrypted.pdf

38 minutes ago, dplusd said:

Until there is a vaccine or some treatment for Covid-19 cruising is over.  

After reading all of the post I quoted above I'd say you are right.  Self insurance will be the only coverage you have, the I read it.  RC will need to get into insurance and for a hefty fee you can get the cancellation for any reason with 100% cash back refund.

29 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Coming soon...the Deluxe Elevator Package!  Front-of-line access, dedicated elevator...

Free for Star Class, with a bump to the front of the line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow I had no idea my post would create such dialogue!! 

I think for me the point was, it's a plan, and a better plan than any I have seen to date out of our government or states. 

It's a plan I am craving....a plan to move forward. Then I can make up my own mind about if I want to participate or not. If I don't like the changes in Vegas then I won't go.....if the cruise industry puts out a plan and I don't like it then I won't cruise 

....at least until I decide I feel safe....but at least I can make an informed educated decison.

Take Georgia (I don't live there in full disclosure) for example, they are saying they are going to open nail salons, tattoo palors, etc on Friday. While I personally think it's too soon I completely understand wanting (and) needing to get the economy open. So I'm trying to keep an open mind. What is the plan then? HOW are they going to do it and what measures will be put in place to help ensure safety of workers and patrons? That is what I haven't seen from anyone!! 

Cruising is one of my favorite things to do in life. I agree there are some MAJOR challenges to getting ships back on the seas but I believe this virus is going to change up how we do business as a whole going forward. Not just in tourism but manufacturing (my livelihood), service industries, and food industries. And change isn't a bad thing!!!

I wish more people would show us the plan.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, katemack said:

Take Georgia (I don't live there in full disclosure) for example, they are saying they are going to open nail salons, tattoo palors, etc on Friday.

I can see hair salons and barber shops.  It just makes me wonder, are folks running out to get their "sleeves" finished this Friday?

The conversations has been good though.

I also just read an article that an financial analyst wrote in the USA today he  predicts that Disney properties will stay closed  until Jan 2021. The report said health concerns and the fact there would be no vaccine yet they may just wait and see what plays out before they open up and pile people in their parks . 

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I can see hair salons and barber shops.  It just makes me wonder, are folks running out to get their "sleeves" finished this Friday?

You forgot Massages as well

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frito58 said:

I also just read an article that an financial analyst wrote in the USA today he  predicts that Disney properties will stay closed  until Jan 2021. The report said health concerns and the fact there would be no vaccine yet they may just wait and see what plays out before they open up and pile people in their parks . 

That same article quotes another financial analyst that thinks the parks could reopen on June 1.

32 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Massage, or "massage".😂

One should always clean their hands after said ride.

Seriously 1 party per  ride .. you would never get anywhere on a cruise ship . A lot of us cant take stairs on multiple  flights . 

I’d be fine with most of their ideas, but I’m not going on vacation wearing a mask. I’ll visit my dieing father in a mask but not choose to spend 2 weeks in a mask, sweating and constantly needing to adjust it. To me, if a mask is needed to travel for pleasure, it’s not time for me to travel yet, however disappointing that is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, katemack said:

Just saw this on a Las Vegas message board. It's the plan from the CEO of the Wynn. Not saying right or wrong but it is nice to see someone thinking of a plan for the future. If Vegas finds a way to make it happen why not cruise lines? They are after all floating hotels...

Wynn-Health-Plan.pdf 837.56 kB · 183 downloads

Interesting reading. Coming up with a plan is good.... but that's the easy part. It's implementing the plan that's hard. Vegas is a unique case as the whole point of Vegas is inappropriate behavior. Cutting loose. Putting your cares behind you. Somehow I don't see myself going to vegas to wear a mask and stand six feet away from everybody. 

New slogan... what happens in vegas stays in vegas. Except for a possible covid-19 infection which you can bring home and share with everybody. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Can you go across the top and avoid the 3 sea days?  

Hmmm. Cruising across the northern Atlantic. I know they used to do it.  I've got a nagging feeling that's a bad idea... but I don't remember why 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I forget the details, but I thought Texas has a pretty good plan. Georgia's plan is just.... weird. The first wave to open also included bowling allies and massage parlors. 

6 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Hmmm. Cruising across the northern Atlantic. I know they used to do it.  I've got a nagging feeling that's a bad idea... but I don't remember why 🙂 

That route is probably the only one that actually makes money for Royal.

The rest are just necessary to reposition the fleet. 

Leaves from Copenhagen or Amsterdam with stops in Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, and Nova Scotia I think. Very lucrative..

7 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I forget the details, but I thought Texas has a pretty good plan. Georgia's plan is just.... weird. The first wave to open also included bowling allies and massage parlors. 

I need a massage way more than a haircut

23 pages!  I started to read some of those to my spouse, and he actually thought it was a a satirical article someone wrote. Especially the part about the “gift bag“ containing sanitizer wipes and a mask!

honestly, I believe that if our daily routine is anything like those 23 pages, traveling will be the last thing I consider. We will seemingly have much larger issues  to deal with. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2