NCL ships all left Port Miami

FlGoodShips

According to AIS data on MarineTraffic - the Norwegian Encore is en route to GSC, Bahamas (NCL's private island) with a noon (local) time arrival tomorrow.  Speed/Course: 8.1 kn / 131 °

Probably not a bad idea to run the engines, crank up the electrical and mechanical systems, water, do inspections & maintenance while at sea, etc. with the crews onboard ... it helps to maintain that continuous readiness.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

According to AIS data on MarineTraffic - the Norwegian Encore is en route to GSC, Bahamas (NCL's private island) with a noon (local) time arrival tomorrow.  Speed/Course: 8.1 kn / 131 °

probably wont able to tender and everyone will be stuck on the ship for another 2 weeks 😋

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

EVERY  brand of cruise ship has left Port of Miami. Not one left. Called local NBC6 Miami news to ask. No info, but they will investigate and hopefully report at 11pm.

Very interesting!   Please report back to the rest of us

• Like 1

My theory... land-based support personnel supplied by the Port/City/Government that are required to be working while ships are docked are no longer permitted to work on weekends, so the ships had to leave at close-of-business on Friday.  I would think there might be people who keep an eye on the ships while they are docked to ensure they do not offload people that are not permitted on shore right now.  Just a theory.

• Like 1

Epic's filed AIS destination is also for GSC, Bahamas with ETA tomorrow.  Carnival Sunshine also filed its destination on AIS as being GSC, Bahamas arriving late tomorrow.  Two other Carnvial ships heading east out to sea for the Bahamas as well ... doesn't look like they are just running donuts or figure 8's just out into offshore international waters for a quick one.  

Someone can check Royal & MSC to see if their ships anchored off Florida coast are heading out that way as well.  

NCL ships are going to their private island. If you read the link above you will see why. 

Crew are not permitted in US port.  They can't change out crew either.  So they are doing at their private island.

• Like 1

Japan allowed crew changes on Costa Atlantic, and now 1/6th of the crew, 91 people as of tonight, is test positive. This began four or five days ago, no doubt why the CDC is rightly minimizing international travel I to cruise ships which by design allowing substantial disease transmission. 

7 hours ago, delboy11 said:

however he has stated he wants things back to normal asap. and is good friends if im not mistaken with one of the execs of carnival cruise lines. now he did say he wondered if we can inject disinfect in the body. but thats besides the point, i would think he would want this on track by june 

First the good friends is Mickey Arinson  ( spelling ?) who owns Carnival and secondly you like many others want June . Just like you wanted May.

Changing /making yourself the new name, hasn't changed a thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

First the good friends is Mickey Arinson  ( spelling ?) who owns Carnival and secondly you like many others want June . Just like you wanted May.

Changing /making yourself the new name, hasn't changed a thing.

Micky Arison, and he's chairman of Carnival Corp 's board of directors. It's a publicly traded corporation, so he doesn't own it but I'm sure he does own a substantial chunk of its stock. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Micky Arison, and he's chairman of Carnival Corp 's board of directors. It's a publicly traded corporation, so he doesn't own it but I'm sure he does own a substantial chunk of its stock. 

Thanks for setting me straight. Being chairman of the BOD has to be his worst nightmare right now.

Cruise lines are in a no win situation right now. Has to be exhausting!

Edited by beerman2

One Royal Caribbean, two Carnival, and one Celebrity ship are back in port this morning.  It would seem that yesterday's exodus was partially just part of the shuffling of ships into/out of port that they have been doing for several weeks as they get supplies and do what they are permitted to do.   It does seem that NCL ships are indeed up to something at Great Stirrup Caye as previously reported.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Bliss anchored at GSC, Encore is starboard on the upper corner of the live webcam. Epic is coming toward them.

Oh dear, we missed that private island. Looks a little windy. 

"The Way We Were" ...

Screenshot_20200425-103001.png

Edited by mking8288

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Makes me think he is a troll. Not serious at all about going on a cruise whenever. Just trying to stir things up with unserious posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeppers, plus he has had all his posts yanked. 

Edited by bluesea777