CDC going to stop the Navy from operating?

denamo

On 4/25/2020 at 3:13 PM, Maverick61 said:

Thanks - I will ignore them

I would never "ignore" a poster just because I disagreed with what they wrote, understanding different points of view make for a better world.  It also could be a starting position for negotiation.

13 minutes ago, Newleno said:

I would never "ignore" a poster just because I disagreed with what they wrote, understanding different points of view make for a better world.  It also could be a starting position for negotiation.

However to start a negotiation; one needs to have a salient point worth defending or negotiating from;. Comparing the daily activities of the US Navy and a cruise line and the ability of the CDC to impose sanctions is neither salient nor worth defense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Newleno said:

Some of those who are for freedom of speech are only for freedom of speech if you agree with their speech.  If you don't agree with their speech, you are declared a "hater."  They need to reread a copy of the Constitution.  😉 🍷 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Some of those who are for freedom of speech are only for freedom of speech if you agree with their speech.  If you don't agree with their speech, you are declared a "hater."  They need to reread a copy of the Constitution.  😉 🍷 

There sure is a lot of Constitutional Law on the boards tonight

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, mugtech said:

No one should confuse the constitution with CC posting rules.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the internet/websites lol.  Freedom of speech applies to your freedom to speak out against the Government which many don't understand at all.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Um, yeah, you too.  Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the internet/websites.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting enough, I read an article last night that the CDC is spearheading a study on the Roosevelt. She is unique in the study of virus spreading. 

They are interviewing and taking samples from over 400 sailors. Age and physical condition will skew the overall results, though.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting enough, I read an article last night that the CDC is spearheading a study on the Roosevelt. She is unique in the study of virus spreading. 

They are interviewing and taking samples from over 400 sailors. Age and physical condition will skew the overall results, though.

Thank you, had missed the articles. It's interesting as you mention age healthy/young and over 60% so far had no symptoms and study will help Navy as much or more then the CDC. Shared info, "The investigation will be done by the Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center in partnership with the CDC". “The results of this investigation will inform medical professionals to support better public health decisions for the ship. It will also advise the broader COVID-19 surveillance and mitigation strategy for the (Theodore Roosevelt), the fleet and our nation,” Gillingham said in a call with reporters."The blood sample will undergo a new test that identifies COVID-19 antibodies in the blood. The results will tell us if people have been exposed to the coronavirus and subsequently developed antibodies."

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Not to mention soooooooo many experts on CC lately in EVERY field😇

You should see sll the constitutional law scholars on my Cocoa Beach FB pages🤣🤣

I suggested they all head north to Volusia😱

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 2

On 4/25/2020 at 1:07 PM, denamo said:

This is a very tongue in cheek post....Just wondering since the USS Theodore Roosevelt has 800 cases of Covid-19 will the CDC prevent it from cruising for 100 days?   😄 Just a thought, since the CDC came down so drastically on the cruise industry.  Not saying the CDC didn't have a point.  Those serving on that ship are in even more close quarters than on a cruise ship.   Not taking anything away from those serving on board. 

Note:  Not really serious about the Navy to stop operating.  If it can be figured out how to safely operate those ships, then the cruise ships will figure it out also.  And yes, I know we're not in the same shape as those serving! Can only wish. 🙂

Unfortunately, I will never get back the 2 minutes it took me to process your post and respond.  

• Haha 1