CDC going to stop the Navy from operating?

denamo

This is a very tongue in cheek post....Just wondering since the USS Theodore Roosevelt has 800 cases of Covid-19 will the CDC prevent it from cruising for 100 days?   😄 Just a thought, since the CDC came down so drastically on the cruise industry.  Not saying the CDC didn't have a point.  Those serving on that ship are in even more close quarters than on a cruise ship.   Not taking anything away from those serving on board. 

Note:  Not really serious about the Navy to stop operating.  If it can be figured out how to safely operate those ships, then the cruise ships will figure it out also.  And yes, I know we're not in the same shape as those serving! Can only wish. 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Totally agree.  We cannot cruise but navel ships can?

You’re back at it again. 

Two all together different different things and what applies to one doesn’t mean it applies to the other. The USS Roosevelt is a military warship, are cruise ships?

SMH

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

No. It’s called the armed forces. 

I am baffled that you can’t tell the difference.

Totally know the difference.  Husband was in the military. CDC wants to control the cruise industry 

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You’re back at it again. 

Two all together different different things and what applies to one doesn’t mean it applies to the other. The USS Roosevelt is a military warship, are cruise ships?

SMH

Why are you even wasting keystrokes acknowledging such nonsense. If they had any common sense they would put two and two together and think,"Well, if the Navy is subject to Covid maybe just maybe it isn't safe to be cruising". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Why are you even wasting keystrokes acknowledging such nonsense. If they had any common sense they would put two and two together and think,"Well, if the Navy is subject to Covid maybe just maybe it isn't safe to be cruising". 

Therein lies the problem.

• Like 5

Who knows how many cases of Covid are out there in the Navy. Since that captain got fired, no one else is going to speak up.   Not to mention other branches, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force most low ranking personal are living in pretty close quarters on land and sea. 

14 minutes ago, amster65 said:

Who knows how many cases of Covid are out there in the Navy. Since that captain got fired, no one else is going to speak up.   Not to mention other branches, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force most low ranking personal are living in pretty close quarters on land and sea. 

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Good idea. Ignore her. She just doesn’t get it.

Oh I totally get it, just don't live my life in fear.  What is, is.  Been through enough in my life (more than most people) so I choose to live, not live in fear.  I can die tomorrow.  You knows what the future brings?????  I would rather live and enjoy  my life than say "I wish" like my mom did

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Totally know the difference.  Husband was in the military. CDC wants to control the cruise industry 

My husband is a retired O-6.  You don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's no ones business what goes on within

a US War Ship,or any Military installations.

That's why the Captain got fired...he's lucky he wasn't jailed for treason.

He was in charge of a multi billion dollar Nuclear Powered War Ship, carrying unknown tactical Nuclear weapons, of which every country who would do us harm watches every movement by satellite....
And this guy, who I'm sure has a security clearance unlike most others, and knows better because he came up thru the ranks and earned that clearance, , writes a letter to the press stating the ship is not in a state of readiness?

When I served on a ship, in combat off the Vietnam coast, they still referred to the WW2 slogan "Loose Lips Sink Ships"

And that is the only reason it is on this topic now...

Edited by B-52
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

A troll. If you follow the many other threads you will find out what I mean. 

With 11,000 posts maybe not a true troll.  But their posts certainly qualify.  Same person keeps saying they think they might cruise in June 2020.  But the posts about the Navy are beyond ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1