CDC going to stop the Navy from operating?

denamo

54 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

With 11,000 posts maybe not a true troll.  But their posts certainly qualify.  Same person keeps saying they think they might cruise in June 2020.  But the posts about the Navy are beyond ridiculous.

And she claims her husband is in the military.  Obviously not in the navy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, B-52 said:

It's no ones business what goes on within

a US War Ship,or any Military installations.

That's why the Captain got fired...he's lucky he wasn't jailed for treason.

He was in charge of a multi billion dollar Nuclear Powered War Ship, carrying unknown tactical Nuclear weapons, of which every country who would do us harm watches every movement by satellite....
And this guy, who I'm sure has a security clearance unlike most others, and knows better because he came up thru the ranks and earned that clearance, , writes a letter to the press stating the ship is not in a state of readiness?

When I served on a ship, in combat off the Vietnam coast, they still referred to the WW2 slogan "Loose Lips Sink Ships"

And that is the only reason it is on this topic now...

He has been recommended for re-instatement.

Security clearances are not "earned" by coming up through the ranks.  Clearances are granted due to need-to-know.  I got out of college and started working for Strategic Air Command (SAC), later US Stratcom.  With-in a year I had a high-level security clearance, after a deep background check.  I didn't earn it by years in service, I earned it because my background checked out and my job required it.  A couple years later me and another civil servant were granted a even more "specialized" clearance.  We were the first two civil servants ever granted that clearance.  We were granted it because we were the techies that kept the computers running so the people planning the next nuclear could do the planning.  Had nothing coming up through the ranks.

Even with these clearances, I couldn't just show up on the air line and ask to board a B-52 that was carrying nuclear weapons.  I had no reason to be there, no matter my aforementioned clearances.

From my understanding he did initially try to engage the chain of command during normal channels.   He was rebuffed/ignored.  So he wrote a letter to a handful of other officers and not to the press.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BND said:

My husband is a retired O-6.  You don't know what you're talking about.

Agree, OP just doesnt get it. Many times while serving Deployed had Pneumonia, Bronchitis and even Broken Bones. Kept on doing my Duty, Mission First. A Nuclear Carrier, one of only 2 Deployed at time, CDC cant just say park it, EVER

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder, if someone gets sick (flu for instance) on a battleship -- how many get sick? Do they count when it's the flu? Or are they only counting because it is Covid-19 (catch phrase of 2020).

8 hours ago, karena1 said:

Oh I totally get it, just don't live my life in fear.  What is, is.  Been through enough in my life (more than most people) so I choose to live, not live in fear.  I can die tomorrow.  You knows what the future brings?????  I would rather live and enjoy  my life than say "I wish" like my mom did

Enjoying life is fine.

There is nothing enjoyable about dying from Covid-19.  Long, painful and lonely.

Live smart.

4 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

I sincerely hope he gets reinstated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He should NEVER be reinstated period!  He violated military protocols.  There's a chain of command for a reason, He has other options that he could have pursued, but chose not too!  Those that have served will understand what i'm talking about.

What do you think he would have done to those underneath him for defying military protocol?

Edited by mworkman
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mworkman said:

He should NEVER be reinstated period!  He violated military protocols.  There's a chain of command for a reason, He has other options that he could have pursued, but chose not too!  Those that have served will understand what i'm talking about.

What do you think he would have done to those underneath him for defying military protocol?

You are right.  He went outside of chain of command and put the carrier at risk.  You can't let the world know your operational status, ever.  He used poor judgment and yes, he was scared, but there are protocols and he didn't follow them.  Most of the people who feel sorry for him don't understand the military and why it operates the way it does.  My husband was deployed with the Navy multiple times and I rarely knew exactly where they were and what they were doing.  

Unfortunately I think he may be reinstated but he will never make Admiral which he probably would have after commanding an air craft carrier.  He also will have a tough time with most under his command who will see him as a "friend" and not their commander.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BND said:

LOL. That doesn't change anything you've said on this thread.

if I offended anyone, was not my intent.  I am just frustrated with what is going on and knowing thousand and thousands of businesses are going to go under and people are losing their jobs.  At some point it has to stop or we won't have anything left of our country or the world.  So just want everyone to enjoy their day and i am signing off this thread.  Take care everyone.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bouhunter said:

With 11,000 posts maybe not a true troll.  But their posts certainly qualify.  Same person keeps saying they think they might cruise in June 2020.  But the posts about the Navy are beyond ridiculous.

I don't know. There's one poster on these boards with well in excess of 100,000 posts who can best be described as a "drive-by" expert on everything.:classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There's one poster on these boards with well in excess of 100,000 posts who can best be described as a "drive-by" expert on everything.:classic_wink:

There are only three people with over 100K posts on CC, two of which don't typically post in the RCI section and one who quit posting 3 months ago:

image.thumb.png.155abbabf1b349448b538b498b05e399.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There are only three people with over 100K posts on CC, two of which don't typically post in the RCI section and one who quit posting 3 months ago:

Keith1010 has been very, very quiet!

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Ah, thanks. I was wondering who but now I think I can take a pretty good educated guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Ah, thanks. I was wondering who but now I think I can take a pretty good educated guess. 

I think most of us who have been on here a while can.  The "drive-by" description is a good one as this person never comes back to respond/defend anything they state.  I call it "hit and run".

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BND said:

I think most of us who have been on here a while can.  The "drive-by" description is a good one as this person never comes back to respond/defend anything they state.  I call it "hit and run".

And I misspoke, apparently she has a bit less than 100K posts.:classic_blush:

• Like 2