The Daily for Friday May 8, 2020

richwmn

today is V-E day and No Socks Day

"The way to make a small fortune in the commodities market is to start with a large fortune."

Meal suggestion for today - Sweet potato shepherd's pie

At Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Cape Town South Africa eta 5/12
Nieuw Statendam destination Rotterdam eta 5/12
Rotterdam destination Cape Town eta 5/19
Veendam destination Cape Town eta 5/21
Volendam destination Cape Town South Africa 5/11
Zaandam destination Rotterdam eta 5/12
Zuiderdam destination Walvis Bay eta 5/19

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam

Maasdam destination Labuan Malaysia eta 5/27
Noordam destination Manila 5/23
Westerdam destination Manila eta 5/23

Manila Anchorage
Eurodam

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Manila eta 5/12

Koningsdam appears to be outside San Diego but has an unknown listed destination

all0508.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Good morning fellow Daily-ites & CC Sisters. It is another gorgeous morning here. 

V-E Day is an important day to commemorate.  Thank you for not letting it get lost in the craziness of these times.

I had to laugh at “no sock day”, it was only 48 here this morning, so I almost put socks on for the first time since February. Almost.

Love the idea of sweet potato anything, so I will tuck this one away for the future, too.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 2

Thank you for the report.  At the moment, Koningdam is entering San Pedro (Los Angeles) harbor.  Maybe we'll have a miracle and some crew will be able to get off.

Roy

• Like 4

Thanks for the Daily!  Thank you to all the soldiers who helped defeat the enemy so that today we can celebrate V E Day.

I'm good with the No Socks Day; I think the glaciers have receded enough from the back yard to try wearing sandals for the first time this year.  While I like Shepherd's Pie, but we're about Cheeseburger Pie'd out right now, so maybe tonight we'll just barbecue some chicken breasts and continue eating away at the huge pasta salad I made earlier this week.  Note to self:  next time, cut the recipe in half!   And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3

WOW SO SURPRISED I AM UP EARLY WITH COFFE SITTING OUTSIDE AND ONTHE DAILY AND I AM NOT #22!!!

SUNSHINE! Been wearing flip flops for quite awhile now! NO SOCKS! 
The saying here in San Diego at the coast is “MAY GREY,  JUNE GLOOM!”

Always our Mays here have a lot of fog along the coast breaking away very late and over cast. So far we have had some nice weather. Had a wonderful sunset last night and saw a lot of pelicans flying in formation over the water!
Rich your quote loved it!! Where do you find all of them ??

Marking V-E DAY IS VERY SPECIAL!! It is great to honor them!!!!!

Good morning to my 👯‍♀️ sisters!!

Joy going to the store and getting crab legs for dinner👍 If I can get some sashimi grade Ahi Ibwant to make up some poke.

Cat, 48 degrees this am for you? Now that is cold!! Hope for a lot of sunshine for you!! Have a wonderful day to everyone!

SMOOTH SAILINGS TO ALL!!

Denise😊

• Like 3

Good Morning to my favorite Daily Author.. Rich! Thank you for coming back. We celebrated Rich's Daily last night in hopes I'd see you back this morning. It worked!

Good morning to my favorite girly-girls. Denise the crab legs were really good. Wish we had just one more leg so I could say now I know what a stuffed crab feels like.

To our fellow soldiers, God Bless you all.

VE Day: Churchill feared De Gaulle would declare victory early ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Rich for the great service you provide here.

Sorry I have not been posting the last several weeks. With no cruises, it is hard to get motivated to read the same recycled threads every day. That being said, we did receive our FCC email yesterday evening and will get it applied to our November cruise. Which, toes crossed, does occur! 🙂  

Thank you to all the veterans for all you did for our country and its people.  

And, thanks Rich for another wonderful morning greeting.  The quote produced a great chuckle.

Sure are missing the planning and anticipation of a coming up cruise.  Nothing in the planning stage waiting to see what opens up and how things go.

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the report.  It is great to see a world map with all the ships floating around on it.  

We have booked a cruise for 2021 and hope it all works out.  Something to look forward to.  

Tonight the plan is to order in from a neighbourhood restaurant.  We haven't eaten there for months!  I hope they are still open...

A HAL reunion of sorts today.  Eurodam is anchored at Manila not far from the Pacific Aria, can't remember if it was the Ryndam or Statendam.  Other HAL ships will probably be arriving before Eurodam leaves.

Roy

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

A HAL reunion of sorts today.  Eurodam is anchored at Manila not far from the Pacific Aria, can't remember if it was the Ryndam or Statendam.  Other HAL ships will probably be arriving before Eurodam leaves.

Roy

Ryndam

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report.  At the moment, Koningdam is entering San Pedro (Los Angeles) harbor.  Maybe we'll have a miracle and some crew will be able to get off.

Roy

Following the CD of the Koningsdam on FB. Indeed, US and Canadian staff that have been gathered together have disembarked for a charter flight that will stop in Indiana, Connecticut and Ontario she says. She will be picked up by a family member and driven to her home in Iowa where she will quarantine for two weeks. I'm guessing it must be the same for all of the others on the charter flight as well. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

Following the CD of the Koningsdam on FB. Indeed, US and Canadian staff that have been gathered together have disembarked for a charter flight that will stop in Indiana, Connecticut and Ontario she says. She will be picked up by a family member and driven to her home in Iowa where she will quarantine for two weeks. I'm guessing it must be the same for all of the others on the charter flight as well. 

Awesome!  Thanks.

Roy

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I hope so!

Rich:

Thank you for keeping up the Daily in these uncertain times.  

It is too cold in Naperville, IL to go without socks today.  We are expecting a freeze tonight.

I think I will Have a Lou Manatti's deep dish cheese and Anchovie pizza tonight.