Coastal Kitchen Harmony of the Seas

Also, the CK dinner menus change half way through the cruise.  There are 4-5 specialty items and another 4 standard (steak, chicken, etc) items that are always available.  

The lunch menu changes regularly and they often have an off-menu item.  The breakfast menu never changes.

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Should point out that room service in suites comes from the main dining room menu, not Coastal Kitchen. When we were in a CLS on Harmony in February, we took advantage of room service for several meals on our balcony. Breakfast in CK was the best; lunch in CK was good but limited selection (room service was much better); and dinner was average at best. We did specialty restaurants, Solarium Bistro, and take out Sushi from Izumi most nights for dinner.

Take out? You can do that?

I like the specialty restaurants but I don’t like the crowds.
The last time I went to a specialty restaurant,Giovanni’s . I walk out after having words with the head waiter about the pore service. 
They sent the order to our suite.

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Take out? You can do that?

I like the specialty restaurants but I don’t like the crowds.
The last time I went to a specialty restaurant,Giovanni’s . I walk out after having words with the head waiter about the pore service. 
They sent the order to our suite.

We do take out from Izumi at least once on every cruise. 

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We do take out from Izumi at least once on every cruise. 

So you just go there and make an order and then carry it back to your cabin? I assume you just pay the per person charge and tip to do this?

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So you just go there and make an order and then carry it back to your cabin? I assume you just pay the per person charge and tip to do this?

I assume it would take some time to prepare it .30-45 minutes .

we  have done takeout from the solarium for dinner a couple of times and you come back in half hour for cooked to order and hit the salad bar.

Edited by Chiliburn

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I assume it would take some time to prepare it .30-45 minutes .

we  have done takeout from the solarium for dinner a couple of times and you come back in half hour for cooked to order and hit the salad bar.

We usually go in around noon on the days we want to do take-out, and ask them to have our order ready ~7:00 that evening. We always order from the sushi menu, so there's no per person charge, but the 18% service charge is in the bill. We've also done take-out from the Bistro from time to time, and we just order when we go in and they prepare the mains just like they would if we were sitting down for dinner. Usually takes 15-20 minutes and we're good to go.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We usually go in around noon on the days we want to do take-out, and ask them to have our order ready ~7:00 that evening. We always order from the sushi menu, so there's no per person charge, but the 18% service charge is in the bill. We've also done take-out from the Bistro from time to time, and we just order when we go in and they prepare the mains just like they would if we were sitting down for dinner. Usually takes 15-20 minutes and we're good to go.

We were on voyager in December.

The suite lounge is opposite Izumi. The concierge got the head waiter over and took our order while we were having happy hour and come and got us when it was ready.

The suite waitress served us drinks in izumi ,the best martini’s.

About a hour after the meal the head waiter from izumi bought 1.5  desert each to the suite lounge.
Now that deserved a good tip.

2 hours ago, jalves said:

Also, the CK dinner menus change half way through the cruise.  There are 4-5 specialty items and another 4 standard (steak, chicken, etc) items that are always available.  

The lunch menu changes regularly and they often have an off-menu item.  The breakfast menu never changes.

The CK has 7 different menus for dinner.  A different one every night of a seven day cruise.

They do have standard items that are available ever night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How bout ship in general? Speciality Restaurants?

It's a beautiful ship.  My DH loved the hot dog place.  Our Cat. JS cabin was beautifully done (more so than the other Cat. JSs we've had) and was really comfortable.  This class of ship just isn't our cup of tea.  We like ship sizes like the Radiance Class and Millennium Class - the smaller ones that create a more intimate atmosphere.  The HOTS felt like a floating Disneyland which is probably perfect for families, just not for us as empty nesters.  

13 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

It's a beautiful ship.  My DH loved the hot dog place.  Our Cat. JS cabin was beautifully done (more so than the other Cat. JSs we've had) and was really comfortable.  This class of ship just isn't our cup of tea.  We like ship sizes like the Radiance Class and Millennium Class - the smaller ones that create a more intimate atmosphere.  The HOTS felt like a floating Disneyland which is probably perfect for families, just not for us as empty nesters.  

We were on this class ship back in 2011 on Allure, like you not our favorite size ship but once in awhile it's okay. Itinerary and price were right this time !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I don't feel any love for Harmony on here? What's up?

They use a two menu system for lunch.

First 4 days are ok, last 3 days are awful.

Oasis uses 4-5 lunch menus and all are very good. 

I seem to recall Symphony lunch was ok.

Oasis also does breakfast better than the other 3

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The RCI app lists the menu.

Allure did not follow the App on our TA.

When I questioned the CK Manager, she said she has no idea what the chef will cook from day to day.😱

We didn't go back

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Allure did not follow the App on our TA.

When I questioned the CK Manager, she said she has no idea what the chef will cook from day to day.😱

We didn't go back

At least you had a chef who knew what he was cooking - even if the manager did not. The CK chef on Harmony in February had no clue how to properly prepare anything that was on the dinner menu - we gave up on CK after the second evening.

16 hours ago, later said:

The CK has 7 different menus for dinner.  A different one every night of a seven day cruise.

They do have standard items that are available ever night.

Hmmm.  Perhaps I was remembering the lunch menu.  Thanks

4 minutes ago, jalves said:

Hmmm.  Perhaps I was remembering the lunch menu.  Thanks

Yes you have them mixed up.

no problem have a great day.

i was looking for the menus to post them but they have been posted before but the search function isn’t very useful.

Edited by later
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:35 PM, Jimbo said:

What's the pecking order as far as reservations, who gets priority? I assume it' s start with the Royal Suite and goes down from there but what is the order?

Are there tables for 2 in Coastal Kitchen? Any Pictures to share of it on Harmony?

Can you order lunch and dinner in your cabin? Are the menu's for the suite in the cabin?

As far as "priority" it's whoever makes their reservations gets a table. We emailed the concierge before the cruise to get our reservations set. 

We did a live post from the Harmony last year (below). It has pictures of Coastal Kitchen, menus, the suites lounge, and snacks in the suits lounge in the morning and at night.