Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

22 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

Ronnie is so far up Donnie's arse that he can't see the light of day. He'll say whatever it takes to deny reality. 

I just read about a dozen UCF students in Orlando were diagnosed and it traced back to one bar near campus. This is just the beginning. And college isn't even in session. I shudder to think about what things will look like in September. 

Please keep your political comments to yourself.  Those are against CC posting rules

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Source please on article on UCF - I saw 3 football players tested positive but nothing on 12 students?

There are multiple articles. Numbers are rising. Mostly tied to bars.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/education/os-ne-coronavirus-ucf-area-seminole-orange-20200617-pwcqdh5sdbgxdc4fuge32gge34-story.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

This is not a political forum, I am reporting you both

No sense of humor, it was just a joke🙄

" I am an urequited Libertarian" is what you wrote in a reply on May 26 and you followed it up with your beliefs on government. So when you write blatantly politically on these boards it is okay but if you find something offensive be it political or not, you are against others opinions because they do not agree with yours and you make threats. Sad🤔

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Please keep your political comments to yourself.  Those are against CC posting rules

TOTALLY AGREE -- Plenty of forums for political discussion.  This forum is for cruising -- Lots of people use it for escape and hope that they will get back to their favorite form of of travel.  Political posts on Cruise forums really irk me and I work in politics.  Please don't ruin my forum that's getting me through until we can cruise again.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

TOTALLY AGREE -- Plenty of forums for political discussion.  This forum is for cruising -- Lots of people use it for escape and hope that they will get back to their favorite form of of travel.  Political posts on Cruise forums really irk me and I work in politics.  Please don't ruin my forum that's getting me through until we can cruise again.  

Agreed, there is no place for them on a forum like this.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE political posts. But I save those for FB to irk the snot out of my friends and family ;)

I just want to cruise 8/29/20 SOS from Miami!!!!!

No refund, No FCC, No L&S. CocoCay or Bust

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Since tonight on carnival booking engine earliest date you can book is oct 1st. Added to someone getting notice from the airline her flight she booked thru the cruiseline was cancelled. I doubt carnival can keep saying oh capacity controlled when every single august and september cruise cannot be booked. Ncl and carnival arent going to cancel and rcl not do the same. Odd to do two whole months this time? I wonder why. 

Of the above choices    I pick BUST

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Since tonight on carnival booking engine earliest date you can book is oct 1st. Added to someone getting notice from the airline her flight she booked thru the cruiseline was cancelled. I doubt carnival can keep saying oh capacity controlled when every single august and september cruise cannot be booked. Ncl and carnival arent going to cancel and rcl not do the same. Odd to do two whole months this time? I wonder why. 

Of the above choices    I pick BUST

Ditto this!!!

9 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

If you don’t like what’s on TV, change the channel. And typing in large red font doesn’t help to convey your message. But it does trigger an OK, boomer. 👌👏

There’s an option to ignore specific users. Give it a shot, it works wonders. You’re next on my list. 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, meadowlander said:

" I am an urequited Libertarian" is what you wrote in a reply on May 26 and you followed it up with your beliefs on government. So when you write blatantly politically on these boards it is okay but if you find something offensive be it political or not, you are against others opinions because they do not agree with yours and you make threats. Sad🤔

Quick, report the comment, the sky is falling! 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Ouch!  Good catch! 

Anyone read article below? Via CEO of Carnival they honestly have no plans & it will be weeks if not months to get an actual plan to their ships & only several ships will start! We have no idea what it will look like or any gaurantees for that matter that we won't be parked out @ an outer marker, or for a plan if cases are dectected onboard! Shouldn't we be entiled to know some of this, I know I wanted to know! Since they honestly have no clue they should have the respect & decency to move cruises at same cost for people who put money down, but No, because they are money grubbing in 2020! I know I just gave them another $200 never to be seen back again in any form & C&A didn't care. Be careful there are change fees in the pike as well. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/carnival-ceo-arnold-donald-interview/?utm_content=B0B0FBDA-AFEA-11EA-BFCC-2FF34744363C&utm_term=editorial&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=thepointsguy&tw=1&utm_medium=social

20200618_083837.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

know I just gave them another $200 never to be seen back again in a

Those fees are waived during CWC.  If you were charged them it was in error and phone call will get them reversed.  You’ve been told several times they are protecting prices, you need to move your cruise 48 to 56 weeks in the future.  Other options available if you don’t want to move to that 8 week period that do not have any fees.

Reading the just released Carnival financials. They are holding somewhat over 2 billion in deposits. As many have posited in posts they went to hold onto that not refund the cash. Ergo cruise lines continue to push FCCs instead of refunds and advertise cruises that are not going to happen. To keep the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

If you don’t like what’s on TV, change the channel. And typing in large red font doesn’t help to convey your message. But it does trigger an OK, boomer. 👌👏

There’s an option to ignore specific users. Give it a shot, it works wonders. You’re next on my list. 😉

Sorry I triggered you.  I'm just trying to keep this forum on topic because I've seen lots of threads devolve into a political argument instead of cruising issues.  So did you block me?  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE political posts. But I save those for FB to irk the snot out of my friends and family 😉

Very well said.  This forum is to get information and hope vis-a-vis when ships will sail again and other important issues like staterooms, concierges, captains, itineraries, etc.  

We cancelled our 8-23-2020 HM cruise so I'm keeping fingers crossed for the next cruise in December.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE political posts. But I save those for FB to irk the snot out of my friends and family 😉

I've also seen other forums ruined by an effort to turn them into political discussions.  e.g. -- Downton Abbey -- I'm on there to discuss the movie, the exhibit, Matthew's proposal to Mary, the Dowager.  Nothing political in these topics unless there were English political issues that were big from 1912 through the mid-1920's  like suffrage or hospital regulation.

Yes, can we please ditch the politics and get back to wildly speculating on when cruising will resume and what it will look like despite having no new information, or perhaps randomly stating that someone "heard" about additional cancellations without any source whatsoever to back it up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The morning newscaster from Orlando just announced that there are no cruises leaving from Florida thru August.  Someone better tell Royal

Common sense would tell you that. Is there even a question about that? No sailings have been annouced as sailing at this point, people would need to plan flights and hotels rooms and such....They are going to give you more then 6 weeks to plan all that.....They are just not going to say okay tomorrow we are sailing.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Common sense would tell you that. Is there even a question about that?

Yes there is as long as Royal has not announced anything and I can't start my refund process and moving my 😇 OBC  I know there are not going but still have to wait for them 

Edited by molly361

What is going on in Florida?  They are predicting Florida to be the next epicenter and Governor Cuomo is threatening to require a 14 day quarantine for anyone coming to NY from Florida.  I hope this is media hype. If Cruising is to start again this can't happen. People in Florida whatever you are doing wrong stop.