Cruise With Confidence cancellation policy extended

frugaltravel

No surprise.

NEW: Cruise with Confidence Cancellation Policy Extended

Effective immediately, our existing Cruise with Confidence policies are now extended to all cruises departing April 30, 2021 or earlier. Here are the details:

• Guests can cancel up to 30 days before their sailing date and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for any cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method.
  • Based on demand from your clients to delay making their Final Payment, we will continue with our policy to allow Final Payment 60 days prior to departure.
  • No fees assessed prior to 60 days, and all deposits are refundable.
  • This change applies to new and existing bookings made by the Final Payment date (60 days prior to departure) on cruises and cruisetours.
  • Beginning with cruises departing May 1st, 2021 the final payment date returns to our published policy.
Edited by frugaltravel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is good news as we have a TP booked from LA to Shanghai on the Grand the end of October. It will be nice to hold off making the FP around the end of August versus June, especially since the chances of this cruise going on the scheduled itinerary (Hawaii, Guam, Japan, Korea and China) are pretty slim IMHO.

That policy does No good if you are trying to keep everyone safe.

30 days is still too long! 

Who knows if their sick 30 days in advance?

Cruise Lines need a True Last Minute Cancellation Policy, that allows customer to

cancel, if their sick or coming down with something....then be able to Rebook

those funds, instead of Losing all their money.

Allowing a customer to cancel up until sailing, is the Right thing to do to help keep us safe.

1 hour ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Cruise Lines need a True Last Minute Cancellation Policy, that allows customer to

Allowing a customer to cancel up until sailing, is the Right thing to do to help keep us safe.

That's what cancellation insurance products are for.  They are already bending over backwards to entice business.  How much can we expect them to do - let us cruise for free?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

They already offer this - it's called Princess Platinum Plan and gives a 100% FCC if you cancel for any reason and a full refund if cancelling for "covered" reasons. Yes it costs in money, but it is designed to protect you in the unforeseen chance you cannot travel or get ill whilst traveling.  

The current policy change is FAR more liberal than what they have offered in past and does not require buying their insurance to take advantage of. If you want something more buy insurance, it's that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And the possibility of a cruise being cancelled by either you or Princess makes the EZAir option very attractive compared to booking directly with the airline where only the highest priced tickets can be refunded in cash if cancelled.

• Like 1

My booked cruise for next March is still listed as a full payment date in December or booking will be cancelled...doesn't match up with their new cancellation policy???.... I really don’t want to pay in full ($12,000) with a PROMISE of a refund...I’m still waiting for my April 4 cruise refund ($6000), and have received nothing...so giving them more money to hold  is not exactly the smartest way to spend $20K!

I don’t seem to have received an email regarding this- only found out about it here on cc! Many thanks, it will help with a cruise at the end of October, though I still have the issue of paid return U.K. to LA flights 😔.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

• Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.

If you meet any of these criteria, please contact Princess as soon as possible, definitely before you travel to the terminal for embarkation. If you’re unable to sail because of these restrictions, you’ll receive a full cruise credit.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/keeping-you-safe-and-healthy/

9 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

My booked cruise for next March is still listed as a full payment date in December or booking will be cancelled...doesn't match up with their new cancellation policy???.... I really don’t want to pay in full ($12,000) with a PROMISE of a refund...I’m still waiting for my April 4 cruise refund ($6000), and have received nothing...so giving them more money to hold  is not exactly the smartest way to spend $20K!

I suspect your cruise will be updated eventually to the 60 day full payment. Just call before final payment (at 90 days) if it hasn't been updated to 60 days.

6 hours ago, portiemom said:

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

• Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.

When I visit medical provider offices, they have a questionnaire that asks that question.

I have no idea if any stranger I was near in the previous two weeks fits that category.

And if I take a plane flight to the cruise, I would have no idea if any person I was near in the airports or on the plane fits that category.

• Like 1

The cost of Princess platinum insurance should be embedded in the price of every fare. It should be a required fee like taxes and port fees. 

The title “Cruise With Confidence”.......  Interesting choice of words for simply talking about the financial aspects. It really should include a set of policies to address the entire experience.  How can I be confident that reasonable measures are being taken to keep passengers healthy for the duration of the sailing?  

I am waiting to see what the new protocols will be and most importantly if they actually enforce them. The airlines do not enforce any of their protocols and a majority of passengers see no need to comply. I mean Princess can’t even enforce a dress code. 

Safety measures are meaningless if they are not enforced. I would need to see that they actually disembark everyone who refuses to follow them at the next port for me to personally feel confident that the protocols have a snowballs chance of working. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The cost of Princess platinum insurance should be embedded in the price of every fare. It should be a required fee like taxes and port fees. 

Why should those of us who purchase better insurance at a lower cost be required to buy this? Or why should those who prefer to self-insure be required to pay this? That is a bad idea!

On 6/4/2020 at 8:42 PM, Tak8 said:

I wonder if this also applies to people who booked nonrefundable deposits?  

On 6/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, caribill said:

It should with the non-refundable deposit given back as an FCC

The announcement says "No fees assessed prior to 60 days, and all deposits are refundable."

19 hours ago, downsmead said:

I don’t seem to have received an email regarding this- only found out about it here on cc! Many thanks, it will help with a cruise at the end of October, though I still have the issue of paid return U.K. to LA flights 😔.

The fine print says for the U.K. the full refund is only available as FCC.

See: 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

34 minutes ago, joe d said:

Definitely an improvement, but not enough for me. At my age and health conditions 60 days is a long time and FCCs would likely prove useless.

Then you need insurance that also covers pre existing conditions.  Or just book at very short notice.

• Like 1