Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I called this morning about not getting the points for the social media "dreaming of cruising with Celebrity" post. I have kept track of the points earned each month and made sure they were credited the following month by the 14th. I knew I was missing 2 points. In order to credit those, they wanted me to list every  PUP activity I've done since the inception of the program. That's way too much bookkeeping and backtracking research for 2 stinking points! Even though I gave them the total before the current Alaska and webinar points were added and could account for the 3 activities in October,  and the current total is 2 points shy of the 9 points earned, that wasn't sufficient. Annoying. I did the advertising for them and should be awarded the points for doing so!

10 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

they wanted me to list every  PUP activity I've done since the inception of the program.

The answer they gave you, gives me to understand that there is no control of the points they are delivering, there is no statement of account

Update: I called back and they asked me to send an email with our names, Captains Club number, emails and screen shots of the posts in question so they can credit our accounts. I'll update again if and when they do.

Also, since our accounts are linked we are showing the same number of points even though they had him missing one activity. For those of you who are wondering why your spouse has the same number of points despite not receiving the emails, that's why. They are supposedly rectifying that since we each did the same activities. I can't see the differing totals when I log into the accounts.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

In my experience, many do not do the social media posts correctly.  Therefore, they don't get the points.

I would also like to thank the people who keep posting the links.  I used to get them.  Suddenly they stopped.  The marketing e-mails have not stopped, however.  Not worth the phone call to Celebrity as long as good people on these boards are willing to share.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

In my experience, many do not do the social media posts correctly.  Therefore, they don't get the points.

I would also like to thank the people who keep posting the links.  I used to get them.  Suddenly they stopped.  The marketing e-mails have not stopped, however.  Not worth the phone call to Celebrity as long as good people on these boards are willing to share.

I do not do the PUP program, but dang I can see how PUPULAR they are!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I could have written this as I  just got dropped this week.  I went on  the web site to check prices for our upcoming B2B and guess what?  I get an email to book my cruise.  Why would I book it twice Celebrity?  Sometimes I wonder how much business they lose because of their awful web site and incompetent IT people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I could have written this as I  just got dropped this week.  I went on  the web site to check prices for our upcoming B2B and guess what?  I get an email to book my cruise.  Why would I book it twice Celebrity?  Sometimes I wonder how much business they lose because of their awful web site and incompetent IT people.

That won't be a problem now that they're going after Gen X – they never use IT [NOT!!!]

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

If you checked pricing by doing a mock booking it automatically triggers an email to book the cruise you looked at. The only way it won't it if you do the mock booking price check using an Incognito window. Similarly if you check a flight price on an airline or travel website you will notice that next time you return the prices will go up unless you clear your cookies or use an Incognito window.

Edited by Luvcrusn

22 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Nice surprise when I logged on to my Celebrity account this morning, I had 6 extra C.C  points. 

I did the Galapagos quiz in October, but we  in UK were not offered the webinar.  I have been credited with + 6 points in October, so maybe I completed x3 quizzes ( 2 C.C points per quiz?) I keep a running total of points, but not the activities that I take part in.

I have now earned a total of 15 points since I have been taking part.

I was getting confused reading all the posts regarding the Galapagos webinar, and the possibility to earn 5 PUP. I know I would have done this but I could find nothing about it. So, it was not for U.K. Captains Club members? I am certainly going to keep records from now on as I am losing track. Looking forward to the next one - I need 29 points before my next cruise, I wonder if that is possible.

Re:  October Social Media Activity

I have been participating in PUP since inception and the #Dreaming Social Media post was the first not to be credited to our accounts.  I called Captain’s Club this morning and had to email the engagement centre with a screen shot of our participation.

Seems like a widespread issue after reading CC today that many of us did not receive the points for that activity.

H.

"I have been participating in PUP since inception and the #Dreaming Social Media post was the first not to be credited to our accounts.  I called Captain’s Club this morning and had to email the engagement centre with a screen shot of our participation."

The tag Celebrity gave was incorrect.  The email said to tag @celebritycruises. It should be @celebritycruise.

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

"I have been participating in PUP since inception and the #Dreaming Social Media post was the first not to be credited to our accounts.  I called Captain’s Club this morning and had to email the engagement centre with a screen shot of our participation."

The tag Celebrity gave was incorrect.  The email said to tag @celebritycruises. It should be @celebritycruise.

You are wrong it's correct @CelebrityCruises

image.png.b6e8e00f49611bd60187907904990214.png

I emailed Celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com yesterday with our names, email addresses,Captains Club numbers and phone numbers along with screen shots of our posts. I received a reply this morning that they would rectify our accounts within 5-7 business days. Seems hopeful. 

17 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Similarly if you check a flight price on an airline or travel website you will notice that next time you return the prices will go up

Pretty much an internet myth, while it might have gone up, or down,  I've seen prices remain stable week after week, with no clearing of caches or history. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Pretty much an internet myth, while it might have gone up, or down,  I've seen prices remain stable week after week, with no clearing of caches or history. 

I've had a very different experience than you in that regard. 

I have received all 9 points for October.  2 for the quiz, 2 for the media post, and 5 for the webinar.

I will point out that there IS an issue with the tags on the media posts.  I did NOT receive my 2 points for the first media post that I did on Twitter (the one where you dressed up with a cocktail)  and was told that the tags that Celebrity posts with the instructions are incorrect.  Facebook and instagram I believe are both   Celebritycruises    With an S at the end,     Twitter is Celebritycruise    No S at the end.

So for October's media post, I used twitter and ignored their instructions and dropped the S on the end, and lo and behold, I got the points without having to call.  Just and FYI, after the first media post I called and they added the 2 missing points but forewarned me that they would not show up until the 14th of the NEXT month with the current months PUP points.

Doing these PUP activities has been great.  It keeps me thinking about cruises when I can't actually cruise and I went from 292 points to 309, so it got us to ELITE.  yay.  Our cruise that was cancelled late last March was supposed to get us to Elite so we would have had that status on our TA that we would just be getting back from this week,  but of course that was cancelled too.  But at least I will be ELITE on my next cruise.  Thanks Celebrity!

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 3:27 PM, Luvcrusn said:

I've had a very different experience than you in that regard. 

Now a days they use software that changes fares dynamically based on how many seats are sold and how many are left plus other factors. That might be what you are seeing. That said I always check fares and book in private browsing mode just in case 😀

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Now a days they use software that changes fares dynamically based on how many seats are sold and how many are left plus other factors. That might be what you are seeing. That said I always check fares and book in private browsing mode just in case 😀

It certainly can't hurt doing it InPrivate mode. It also keeps you from constant related ads targeting your recent shopping search.