Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I checked my CC points yesterday and again right now. My points for the Galapagos webinar were added at some point since yesterday afternoon. 

I checked this morning. They added 2 points which were either the Alaska quiz or the FB picture post. We still don't have the 2 points from whichever they didn't add or the 5 from Galopogus webinar.

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

X just added 5 CC point to my & DW accounts (Webinar PUP's), total me received 7 points and DW 5 points, DW reached Elite status (301), I think won't play anymore as the main objective was reached.

Congrats! Glad that the program had meaning for you! For us it's just something to pass the time.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I checked this morning. They added 2 points which were either the Alaska quiz or the FB picture post. We still don't have the 2 points from whichever they didn't add or the 5 from Galopogus webinar.

If you mean you checked earlier this morning (as in some time ago) and haven't since, then I would check again because my 5 literally just showed up a bit ago and this morning I only had the 2.

29 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

X just added 5 CC point to my & DW accounts (Webinar PUP's), total me received 7 points and DW 5 points, DW reached Elite status (301), I think won't play anymore as the main objective was reached.

LOL .... I am excited about maybe reaching Select.  I am now only 6 away and having already done PUP for 3 points this month so I should only be 3 away. 

We all have goals 🙂

Edited by poffles
  • Like 4

I give up, I'm answering something wrong.  What is the country club casual place with views?  And is the Eden Bar the answer to #4?  I've read thru several times & can't find the answers to these and at this point I'm willing to cheat for points.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bz said:

I give up, I'm answering something wrong.  What is the country club casual place with views?  And is the Eden Bar the answer to #4?  I've read thru several times & can't find the answers to these and at this point I'm willing to cheat for points.

Sunset Bar and can't recall # 4 but Eden Bar I recall was one of the answers.

Edited by poffles

28 minutes ago, bz said:

Just go to Celebrity's webpage for the ship and you can find all of your answers in a couple of minutes. For example, under the Bars & Lounges tab, you'll find the following:

1395463168_ScreenShot2020-11-13at1_51_11PM.thumb.png.bf5c2fade3181b00020d013d48c319b5.png

• Like 3

My Galapagos points just showed up.  Whoopee!  I'm now only 1,994 points from Zenith!!!  If I do three Celebrity 7 night cruises per year in a Concierge or Aqua, I can get there by the age of 86 (approximately, assuming we start cruising again soon).  If I have to economize and go in Verandah cabins, I'll be there by the age of 99...If money gets really tight in my retirement and I have to go in OV cabins, I can get to Zenith by the age of 122!!!

Of course, assuming all future bookings will be "all inclusive", there will be no great benefit to most Captains Club statuses anyway...

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1

I have received 7 points for the October tasks, I did the quiz (2), the webinar (5) and a spa booking (5). The spa booking was for an April 2021 sailing that was aftewards L&S'ed to April 2022, but I have booked a spa treatment on the new sailing as well. I don't remember if the spa/photo task was only applicable for 2021 sailings? If so, I makes sense that I haven't received those 5 points, and the 7 points I received would then be from the quiz and from the webinar, as the webinar points now seem to have been credited to most members.

8 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

I have received 7 points for the October tasks, I did the quiz (2), the webinar (5) and a spa booking (5). The spa booking was for an April 2021 sailing that was aftewards L&S'ed to April 2022, but I have booked a spa treatment on the new sailing as well. I don't remember if the spa/photo task was only applicable for 2021 sailings? If so, I makes sense that I haven't received those 5 points, and the 7 points I received would then be from the quiz and from the webinar, as the webinar points now seem to have been credited to most members.

I think it was only 2021 sailings. But also I think any that have to do with booking a certain category or experience you have to actually go on the cruise first.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I think it was only 2021 sailings. But also I think any that have to do with booking a certain category or experience you have to actually go on the cruise first.

Whoops - that totally makes sense.... Perhaps I will magically get 5 bonus CC points in May 2021, or perhaps in May 2022, after we have actually sailed (hopefully!)? I suppose not, but will take it as a positive surprise if it happened to be so.

• Like 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Because of the kindness of all who started this thread, posted the activities, and yes even helped us with some answers my husband and I are now officially Elite plus with 756 points ( only 2244 to Zenith).  Not sure why I never received the emails from Celebrity but it was my fellow Cruise Critic friends that helped me get here.  I'll keep participating in the activities as long as you "kind folk" keep posting them.  Next booked cruises🏖️ January 2022 and looking forward to sailing with many of you. Enjoying a Captain and Coke to celebrate my new level😁.

• Like 3

I got the 7 points I was expecting from October – and DW, who never participated, also got them.  But I have tried to sign both of us up for the Power Up emails, and except for a deluge of non-Power Up spam from Celebrity we still don't get the valuable ones!  So please keep posting the links here. 

• Like 1

As of today, I have been dropped from the email list for the power up points.  I completed the quiz using the link someone posted but I see some have not gotten their points by doing this.  Oh well.

Also I looked up my upcoming cruises and there's a new thing now with a small box on the picture of the cabin stating how many points will be awarded for this cruise.  I thought that was cool till I looked at the points and they are giving me 2 points/day for a 1A balcony cabin and calling it an ocean view.  Anyone else have this wonderful experience?  Why can't they get things correct?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

As of today, I have been dropped from the email list for the power up points.  I completed the quiz using the link someone posted but I see some have not gotten their points by doing this.  Oh well.

Also I looked up my upcoming cruises and there's a new thing now with a small box on the picture of the cabin stating how many points will be awarded for this cruise.  I thought that was cool till I looked at the points and they are giving me 2 points/day for a 1A balcony cabin and calling it an ocean view.  Anyone else have this wonderful experience?  Why can't they get things correct?

After reading your post I checked our next booking and found nothing similar. I'd think that strange, but not when dealing with Celebrity's website!

Nice surprise when I logged on to my Celebrity account this morning, I had 6 extra C.C  points. 

I did the Galapagos quiz in October, but we  in UK were not offered the webinar.  I have been credited with + 6 points in October, so maybe I completed x3 quizzes ( 2 C.C points per quiz?) I keep a running total of points, but not the activities that I take part in.

I have now earned a total of 15 points since I have been taking part.

18 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Just check ours again, 5 for Galapagos are now there. Still missing the 2 from the social media picture post and this last 1 point. The 1 point will show up next month.

I just realized I am also still missing the points for the social media post which was definitely in October.

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I got the 7 points I was expecting from October – and DW, who never participated, also got them.  But I have tried to sign both of us up for the Power Up emails, and except for a deluge of non-Power Up spam from Celebrity we still don't get the valuable ones!  So please keep posting the links here. 

DH wasn't getting the PUP emails until I called Captains Club. The problem was that he had the same email address listed as I did. Since I handle all of our travel related details it was easier that way. The rep I spoke with sent the link to the activity and changed his contact email and now we each get the PUP emails. 

I received 2 points yesterday for the quiz.  Today I received 5 points for the Galapagos & 7 points for the spa and photo package for our 2021 sailing.  No doubt I will lose the 7 points as our 11 night cruise in March out of Ft Lauderdale is most likely not going to happen.  My wife's linked account has always been updated with the same number of points.

On Friday I received an email from Celebrity with the subject, "Virtual Travel & Adventure Show:  Tickets Are On Us."  This is a zoom show about Celebrity cruises to the Caribbean and Latin America.  To me,  it sounds very much like the webinar we attended about the Galapagos, except for one important difference - NO POWER UP POINTS 😟  I'm disappointed.  Celebrity had indicated that they would be offering more webinars for PUP. 

1 hour ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Woohoo...got all of my points for Oct...9 in total. I’m keeping track...went from 366 to 384 since this started. At least this keeps me entertained.

Looks that you are the only one to receive the 2 points for the social media Dreaming of #cruisingwith celebrity