Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

43 minutes ago, carlmm said:

No good deed goes unpunished: Why can't people just accept that they booked under those conditions, they were happy with when they booked.

Do they all run back to the shop and demand money back because their last weeks purchase is now on offer?

Celebrity tries to entice some new passengers. Don't begrudge them and allow others their small benefit.

Lots of people do go back to the store, and get a price adjustment. I see your post says you're in Germany, is that not a thing there?

4 minutes ago, brownc424 said:

Lots of people do go back to the store, and get a price adjustment. I see your post says you're in Germany, is that not a thing there?

No,  indeed it's not done. Interesting difference.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Do they all run back to the shop and demand money back because their last weeks purchase is now on offer?

Maybe you don't do this but you can be sure that others do and me being one of them.  And stores expect this given most retailers allow a window for getting the sale price if it comes up within a certain time period after purchase and without having to physically return the item, just take the receipt in.

To each their own but your comparison is not the best, Celebrity could at least allow a wiggle window for those that literally just booked prior to this promotion if the cruise cost is literally the same.

Edited to add I am in Canada and it is definitely a thing here.

Edited by poffles

On 10/19/2020 at 9:24 AM, poffles said:

I will also 'echo' what others have said about the seminar audio issues.  Currently working in IT, and a couple years back in the area of video conferencing, I totally appreciate the things that can go wrong and how capacity definitely impacts this service so this would be a learning thing for them for sure.  However, my tolerance was very low having to listen to someone without a headset and relying on their laptop/desktop microphone thus allowing one's voice to echo around the room, that was painful.  This is not new technology, I (like many) use a headset for work calls and would never put someone through listening to me talking to them this way even one on one.  I hope this is part of the improvement plan for future seminars as I did otherwise enjoy the event and would look forward to more once improved.

Similar background.  There was no need to use interactive video for this presentation since there was no meaningful interaction.  They would have been better to pre-record each presenter and edit the session into a video where they just pressed the play button and made it look somewhat interactive.  

Some of the lighting was pretty bad too.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

They did have provision for questions. But none seemed to come through, so they just moved on. But as per original plan, there was more scope for interactivity, just it wasn't required in the end.

In future iterations, they'll likely modify based on that experience.

19 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

They did have provision for questions. But none seemed to come through, so they just moved on. But as per original plan, there was more scope for interactivity, just it wasn't required in the end.

In future iterations, they'll likely modify based on that experience.

every experience is a learning experience, esp in 2020.  Nothing much to see here, please move along 🤪

21 hours ago, twangster said:

......Some of the lighting was pretty bad too.

What I thought was a little funny is that most of the presenters wore glasses and how you could see the reflection of the "Ring Light" they all had at home. 

For a cruise line that places itself toward the luxury end of things with the attention to detail they market, you'd think an event like this could have been a little more professional than shipping out $20 lights to people and telling them to just set it up and use your laptop. 

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, garyl62 said:

What I thought was a little funny is that most of the presenters wore glasses and how you could see the reflection of the "Ring Light" they all had at home. 

For a cruise line that places itself toward the luxury end of things with the attention to detail they market, you'd think an event like this could have been a little more professional than shipping out $20 lights to people and telling them to just set it up and use your laptop. 

The trick that works for me is to angle the ring light so that it doesn't face you head-on (and make sure that you have decent lighting, or another ring light, on the side of the face that's getting less light). There's still a little bit of light reflection, but much harder to tell it's a ring light. Although, as you said, for a major webinar like this, they could probably afford to invest the $100-$200 to get better lighting rigs (and throw in some headsets or wireless earbuds).

Also, I'm a little concerned because I haven't got two of the recent PUP emails: the spa one and the 2x points one (I did get the Alaska/Mediterranean quiz one).

It's not that I have any particular use for either of the missing offers, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come (or more accurately, not to come). 😟

9 hours ago, EvoUSA said:

Also, I'm a little concerned because I haven't got two of the recent PUP emails: the spa one and the 2x points one (I did get the Alaska/Mediterranean quiz one).

It's not that I have any particular use for either of the missing offers, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come (or more accurately, not to come). 😟

That's why we have this thread!  I signed up for the PUP emails, but haven't gotten any.  I signed up DW too, but all she gets are the sales emails.  So we are totally dependent on you good folks posting the links to the PUP earning opportunities.

[In our case the extra loyalty points could be very valuable, because we are working toward Elite+ which would bring us 6 free nights on Azamara.  I can get 45 more points from Celebrity without violating the 50% Azamara rule, and that saves me 9 nights in an Azamara Veranda.  I will happily sit through all the crappy webinars you want for that!!!]

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That's why we have this thread!  I signed up for the PUP emails, but haven't gotten any.  I signed up DW too, but all she gets are the sales emails.  So we are totally dependent on you good folks posting the links to the PUP earning opportunities.

[In our case the extra loyalty points could be very valuable, because we are working toward Elite+ which would bring us 6 free nights on Azamara.  I can get 45 more points from Celebrity without violating the 50% Azamara rule, and that saves me 9 nights in an Azamara Veranda.  I will happily sit through all the crappy webinars you want for that!!!]

So true! And I hope you get the 45 points (and good advice on meeting the 50% Azamara rule while still accumulating points).

I did get a PUP email this morning. It's a post-to-social-network one for 20 PUP points (2 nights).

211982334_CaptainsClub.thumb.jpg.8ae68b8dd45b7e3fb8e03eed0e64d956.jpg

Leaving aside what I'm sure will be multiple copyright violations of people posting images/videos they don't actually have licensing rights to, I see that Celebrity still hasn't fixed the reference to their Twitter handle in this email.

Celebrity is the singular "@CelebrityCruise" (without the quotation marks) on Twitter, even though the email instructions use the plural "CelebrityCruises" version. This is likely due to Twitter's character limit on usernames.

Just now, EvoUSA said:

I did get a PUP email this morning. It's a post-to-social-network one for 20 PUP points (2 nights).

Leaving aside what I'm sure will be multiple copyright violations of people posting images/videos they don't actually have licensing rights to, I see that Celebrity still hasn't fixed the reference to their Twitter handle in this email.

Celebrity is the singular "@CelebrityCruise" (without the quotation marks) on Twitter, even though the email instructions use the plural "CelebrityCruises" version. This is likely due to Twitter's character limit on usernames.

I received it too.

Will pass on this one.

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

Please post the link for step 1 (questionnaire)

Sorry, totally missed that part: https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=04e1afc397b20422ce172624c6af9d07771c54cac5b183008f12536943d7a0c8c6e3e2d777f6e47e90b94d93cd2e75a9b6be2957408c2cfe6509301301836f26af47846958b6f21fed1bfaf881c6299b76fc5c93b8ca57bb1cf924819339c39102c885acbc85a690a27e1a934eae67541076f52ab837de1b31316e5c7f8f0a7e

Note: Sign out of the Celebrity website before clicking. I get an error message if I click on it while signed in.

• Thanks 1