Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

4 hours ago, lobsternight said:

My wife and I both received them at first, then she was suddenly dropped off the PUP emails.  Even trying to fill in here CC number or notifying a CC member not receiving emails did not work.  

My son on the other hand could not and still does not have access to his basic account.  I called CC about it and they said it was because his email was linked to my email from sailings past when he was a minor.  Will try again and see.

The final odd thing is that my wife and I have the same points balance, even though I have taken more cruises than she has.  Not sure how that works.(took my mother on a few cruises without the whole family)

A husband and wife have linked accounts.  Will show same number of points.  For your son - easy - forward the email or have him copy the link at Cruise Critic.  Insert his number and you are good to go. 

19 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We're the same as you, but we still do them except for the social media ones.  A freebie is a freebie.  However, with the AI arriving, I'm not sure what is going to happen to the CC benefits.

We could always hope that Celebrity adds one or two new tiers in between Elite Plus and Zenith. Then those points could be worth something. In any case it is not like I have anything more important to attend to and I enjoy the quizs. I don't do the social media ones either.

20 hours ago, islandwoman said:

It isn't always so simple.  I had a 7 night cruise in 2000 on the Zenith for which Celebrity only shows 1 point in my account.  If I add that to the points from the rest of my cruises and subtract the sum from my total points, it would indicate that I'd earned 31 PUP.  I'm pretty sure there haven't been that many PUP opportunities.

You realize the post below was for you?

20 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The old single digit point system you have to multiply by 30 to convert to current point system.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The old single digit point system you have to multiply by 30 to convert to current point system.

A little more complicated, as X gave extra points when they did the conversion, to those who had booked suites.

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

A little more complicated, as X gave extra points when they did the conversion, to those who had booked suites.

For those who booked concierge and above you got 1 extra point per sailing and another extra point for sailings 11 nights and longer.   All converted at 30x.

Points of October activities are added.

However I only receive points for the quiz and Facebook activity, but not the points for webinar.

1. Alaska & Europe quiz (2 points, received)

2. Galapagos Webinar (5 points, NOT received)

3. Book Pre-Cruise Spa & Photo Package (5+2 points, I did not participate)

4. Facebook / Twitter activity (2 points, received)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

However I only receive points for the quiz and Facebook activity, but not the points for webinar.

I've received 2 points, don't know if it was for Facebook or AK survey, missing others and my DW is missing everything.  In the past there have been a couple times I have received the points at different times, and once it was even about the 16th or 17th of the month before they were all credited.  I have had to contact the Captain's Club twice also about missing points.  All that to say, keep checking, more may still come.

Edited by garyl62

I just checked our CC accounts and my husband and I are both missing the 5 points for the Galapagos webinar but did receive the points for the other October activities we participated in. Hope they show up or I’ll have to contact CC as I’ve had to do before.

8 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Thanks for posting this information. I am going to make notes from now on. I have just received my points for October and they make no sense to me at all. I did not pre-book any packages, so should have received 9 points for the others. I am sure they did not increase my total by 9, but the problem is I cannot see the previous figure now. Drat!! There should be some way of seeing the points earned. 

I received 2 points for October. Those would have been for the Alaska and Europe quiz, since I did not participate in the booking or social media activities. That means that my points for the Galapagos webinar are also missing. It sounds as if the Galapagos webinar points have not been issued yet.  Did anyone get them?

9 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Thank you, Cruise Wonderland, for keeping track of these activities and posting them.  I failed to note them at the time and now that information is very helpful to have.  

Seems to be a trend. I got the 2 club points for the Alaska quiz BUT like everyone else so far no club points for the Galapagos webinar.

Maybe the Galapagos points are still 'in the works' since nobody reports receiving them yet, one can hope.

Gang

We should see the Galapagos points shortly. This is from the Celebrity website,

* All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. 

This should mean our points would show on November 14/20.

Unless I’m mistaken, I seem to recall a point, in the webinar, prior to the formal program, when it was suggested Captain’s Club points would be posted approximately 6 weeks from the date of presentation. That would take us closer to the end of November. 

I’m fine either way.

Randy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Gang

We should see the Galapagos points shortly. This is from the Celebrity website,

* All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. 

This should mean our points would show on November 14/20.

Unless I’m mistaken, I seem to recall a point, in the webinar, prior to the formal program, when it was suggested Captain’s Club points would be posted approximately 6 weeks from the date of presentation. That would take us closer to the end of November. 

I’m fine either way.

Randy

Ya I knew they said 'within' 14 days but that doesn't translate to the 14th day but all good.  Like you I'm fine either way since any use of them is in the distant future, just hope they actually show up. If nobody has received then yet then this would seem to indicate they haven't started applying them and we shall what December brings.

We also got our two points for the quiz but none for the Galapagos webinar. I didn’t do other October power up points. I called Celebrity last night. He said they were told all points would be added on the 15th of every month. I knew that wasn’t totally accurate but I also knew he was just trying to get me off the phone. I guess I’ll wait.  If anyone get the five Galapagos points, let us all know.  I know I got ripped off for points the first couple of months so now I’m keeping track of everything. 

5 hours ago, laslomas said:

Thanks for posting this information. I am going to make notes from now on. I have just received my points for October and they make no sense to me at all. I did not pre-book any packages, so should have received 9 points for the others. I am sure they did not increase my total by 9, but the problem is I cannot see the previous figure now. Drat!! There should be some way of seeing the points earned. 

If you don't automatically delete all your emails you can search your email for Captain's Club to see what your point total was the last time you received an email from Captain's Club. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Wasn’t there a problem with the Galapagos webinar ie some who had booked weren’t actually able to log on.

Yes (among other things) but this should not matter in getting points, especially for those that actually did join and watched the entire thing (me).  Celebrity will have to decide the 'right' thing to do for those that registered but were unable to join and watch the webinar through no fault of their own.

Edited to add that just after posting this and seeing the post by that last few that the Galapagos were added, I just checked mine and they are there! 

Well done Celebrity!

Edited by poffles

5 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I checked my CC points yesterday and again right now. My points for the Galapagos webinar were added at some point since yesterday afternoon. 

Thank you for letting us know. I was among the many who were not able to log onto the webinar. I emailed and asked if there was a way I could still watch and earn the points. I did not get an answer, of course, 

I just checked to see if I got the points anyway, if they perhaps granted the points to those signed up, even if they couldn't log on to the webinar. No such luck. My points are the same as yesterday, with just 2 earned in October.