The Daily for Thursday Jul 2, 2020

richwmn

today is Special Recreation for the Disabled Day and World UFO Day

"Plaese porrf raed."
        -- Prof. Michael O'Longhlin, S.U.N.Y. Purchase

Meal suggestion for today - Pasta Carbonara

Wine for today - Purple Hands Pinot Noir Dundee Hills Latchkey Vineyard vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Singapore eta 7/5

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Manila Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

Singapore Anchorage
Eurodam
Maasdam docked
Westerdam
Veendam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam

Zaandam

0702Sing.png

Singapore area

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.

I love the map, thanks.

I'll be on the lookout for UFOs.  Great quote.

The meal and wine sound great,  unfortunately that vintner is not available here, so I will have to find a substitute.🙂

Have a wonderful day.  Stay healthy.

• Like 3

Well, good morning to our fellow Daily-ites. Roy hope all went well with your procedure.

Rich, thanks for the Daily, wine, quote etc. We had pasta last night, and not sure what's happening today.

Good morning Denise and Cat. Hope all is well. You could be my "bookend" sisters. One on each coast and me in the middle.❤️

So I have been the Black and Decker girl the past few days. I put together our patio table and chairs, the BBQ grill, my husbands birthday gifts of a work bench and toolbox. Our UHaul shipment is 2 weeks late today. Nothing to celebrate there.

Please remember to be safe, wear your mask, and mind your manners. Have a Blessed day! XX

• Like 7

Thanks for the daily Ruch.  Love the quote, most times I do but sometimes the little gremlin in my iPad makes a fool of me.  It's leftovers for us tonight, includes pasta but not carbonara, rather lemon, dill orzo with feta cheese.  

• Like 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters! Roy - hope all goes well today.  

My Mom was an instructor at a sheltered workshop and I grew up volunteering at their summer camp and helping run activities for people with a wide range of disabilities. I will dedicate today to Mom. I welcome any UFO willing to risk coming to our planet in 2020.

For the record - I hate autocorrect! But I could do better proofreading, too.

The wine sounds amazing, almost out of my price range, but for a special occasion, maybe. I will substitute zucchini noodles for the pasta in tonight’s meal suggestion. 

Joy I am so sorry about your UHaul delay. They must owe you money by now. Too bad they do not have the ability to track things better. Perhaps one of the drivers got sick. I applaud your industriousness!

Please stay well everyone!

• Like 5

Thanks Rich for the update and the cute quote. 

Up early for our walk. Gotta get out before the great outdoors turns into a miserable combination of sauna and surface of the sun. Ah, summer in the South. And much to my consternation and despite avoiding it personally, the virus has certainly had the unfortunate side effect of shrinking all my clothes!! 😛

Shepherds Pie seems a good option for us tonight. With meat shortages and crazy prices, I am having to pull out every ground beef recipe I have ever cooked in over 20 years of marriage it seems. The kids like most of them so yay!

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning.  Thank you for the daily Rich, love looking at where all the blue hulled beauties are.  The quote is perfect, although I usually hit send before I double check my spelling.  It's already hot and steamy so indoors working on a puzzle is on the list today.  Stay well everyone and be safe.  Hope everything went well Roy and hopefully the wayward U-Haul will show up.

• Like 4

Good morning, thanks for the Dialy!  Love the quote - one of the funnier ones my assistant caught was a letter I was sending to a rather unpleasant G. Brunt.  It might have ended going to  B. Grunt at that address, had she not caught it before being mailed.

Great suggestion for dinner, but there's that pot of chili I made yesterday that always seems to taste better the second day.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So I have been the Black and Decker girl the past few days. I put together our patio table and chairs, the BBQ grill, my husbands birthday gifts of a work bench and toolbox

Wow!  Good for you!

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our UHaul shipment is 2 weeks late today. Nothing to celebrate there.

Oh rats 😞. That is really disappointing 😞. So sorry to hear this.

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

I’ve sort of been celebrating Recreation for the Disabled for the last few days 😉. Thankfully it’s temporary - LOL.

Love the quote - so true.  

Not sure what’s on for dinner tonight - depends on how high the humidity is.  It might be too hot for shepherd’s buy.  Can’t get that wine here so we’ll opt for a different vintage, but we will have wine 🙂 

• Like 4

Happy surprise while walking tbis am. We hadn't been to the park to walk in about a week so we were happy to see the blackberry brambles that line the trails full of both unripe and RIPE berries. We picked a handful and enjoyed them while walking. Toddler thought it was great fun. Brings back fond memories of summer time fun as a kid. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Denise and Cat. Hope all is well. You could be my "bookend" sisters. One on each coast and me in the middle.❤️

Always Joy!! Will be the one‘s  keeping us together LOL, but you are our center!!I am so sorry about your UHAUL! I cannot imagine the stress, and pray after 2 weeks It will come! They should compensate everything to you. I hope they have been giving updates as well as locations along the way!

Happy Belated Birthday to Allen🎉

Congratulations that you can be able to put together Everything👍👍👍👍👍

Denise😊

• Like 3

Good morning To Rich, to all here on our Daily, and to my sisters!

Yesterday we took a drive over to Coronado and out over by Hotel Del we saw Celebrity X Millennium and a Royal Carribean our on the Silver Strand. We stopped just to watch them so close! We felt for a few moments like being out in FLL watching them leave on their cruise😞

Great quote, and the wine selection will need to do some research and see if our local BevMo carries it. 
🌺Cat I so appreciate what your mom has done and what you have done for the disabled. My Uncle was disabled and and I remember how my grandparents always in the summer months would have him at summer camps to enjoy. I was very little and would go visit them in Ohio.

Ok enough said! Everyone in the day!

Take care and be safe!

Denise😊

• Like 4

Thanks for the Daily Rich.  It seems the only ship at sea is the Amsterdam. Others are anchored or docked. The proof reading advice is noteworthy and the wine suggestion is has bit of  an appeal for me.. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the report.  Amsterdam's stay in Jakarta was shorter than I expected.  Finally back from the Doctor, one polyp and he recommended another Colagard in 3 years although it was a false Colagard positive that sent me to the colonoscopy.

No driving today due to the anesthesia.

Roy

• Like 7

Thanks for the report, Rich. When I was teaching, I left 72+ hours from my last writing to the proofread stage. It's too easy what is supposed to be there, rather than actually read what IS there!

I love the dinner suggestion. I'm not sure what we will be having as my son, bonus daughter and grandkids are, apparently, on their way for a swim.

@Seasick Sailor it's great that you are so handy. I used to be, now I'd rather just pay someone else to do the work. I'm sorry to hear about the delay for that last pod.

@fatcat04 my kids ask for my meatloaf/shepherd's pie when they visit from afar. Comfort food, I guess.

@rafinmd glad to hear it went well. Rest up and eat!

Have a wonderful day! Stay cool! Stay safe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report.  Amsterdam's stay in Jakarta was shorter than I expected.  Finally back from the Doctor, one polyp and he recommended another Colagard in 3 years although it was a false Colagard positive that sent me to the colonoscopy.

No driving today due to the anesthesia.

Roy

So glad it is over, Roy and sounds like it went well..  Hope the polyp they found was harmless.

Rest up and try to enjoy the rest of the day.

• Thanks 1