Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0709Indian.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

COOKIES: jokes & funnies     Sunrise - Wikipedia

Call of the Horizon Day, anticipation of happiness and joy. It's exactly what I need today!

Good morning Rich, my sweet sisters Cat and Denise, and to all my little CC Daily-ite family.

One of my favorite wines is Pinot Grigio. I wrote it down and will stop by to see if it's available. Not sure about the smokey hake, although I like it prepared other ways.

I hope everyone has an awesome, blessed day! Be safe and remember God loves us.

Joy

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 It really brightens up the boards at this trying time.

DH loves sugar cookies so I will make sure he celebrates the day with some 😉 

LOL on the Bore definition.  So true!

That wine sounds really tempting.

@Seasick Sailor & @Sharon in AZ hoping your news today is good and that your loved ones are on the way to recovery.

For the flower lovers - here are some lovely flowers (including tulips of course 😉 ) from the famous flower market in Amsterdam from the days when we could travel:

6E7E67C7-A2C2-4944-A1FF-DDB3A512E8DB.thumb.jpeg.b774dc1c8fbf8ab194c063d8b551e7c9.jpeg

Yes you’re reading that right - 50 tulips for 8 euros! 

0F491A61-86BC-4F08-85DD-DBB1CC914A24.thumb.jpeg.5467c212110d7d8307f9b7b58590c472.jpeg

28E9C386-1A7B-4181-97B0-10C4F463AAB2.thumb.jpeg.fde772a6810b7f0211d700218827ccb2.jpeg

82115891-2D3B-485E-BC6A-707EAFCA63EF.thumb.jpeg.65044af7b01ab518b5c0a2c43216965c.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites.  Love sugar cookies and a beautiful horizon.  Miss those mornings on the ship.  The flowers are beautiful.  Do not care for anything smoked so the menu will be a pass.  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I just read some hopeful news for us addicts.  Aida will start sailing in August in Europe.  

I think Genting is already sailing in Asia.  Hopefully the experience of these two will give us some real data on what works on restarting cruising.

Roy

• Like 4

3 pairs of ships sailing pretty much in lockstep (Maasdam/Veendam, Noordam/NA, and Zuiderdam/Volendam).  Strange that Volendam and Zuiderdam have different ETA.

Miss the horizon from sea and my favorite cookies are Oatmeal Raisin.  Don't eat seafood so I'll pass on the hake.  Love the Quote.

Best to Joy and Allen and to Sharon's son.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Joy, praying that Allen joins you in your new oasis today!

Rich - when is “Everything You Eat Has No Calories Day? I want to start planning for that day. 

I am celebrating - no more leftovers, with some wild Pacific salmon & roasted veggies tonight. I will need to check out the wine. 

@kazu - beautiful pics. 50 tulips for 8 euros. Wow!

Stay well everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Love sugar cookies, and LOVE looking out at the horizon from all of the Dam ships we've been on.  Sure miss that view.   I'm not a fan of smoked fish, but the greens and beans are appealing, so I might make a version of that for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Since we're showing pictures of our gardens - I'm more of a "green with a shot of colour" in our yard, I thought I'd show you the summer version and the not summer version.

image.thumb.jpeg.8e9ce2d1a2ee31b532d17576bc9cf39a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0d8e6c9bdb83360b66f017c0587d4d05.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 8

For some reason after I posted, I wasn't able to make edits, but I wanted to send my best wishes to Allen with hopeful release today, and to Sharon's son.  Please keep us posted on both - we care!  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the daily update Rich.  I too will take a pass on today’s menu suggestion.  Right now it is an open book on what is for dinner.  
Wishing the new CEO all the best in his new position at HAL.   
SSS - hope all is well with Allen.

The heatwave and watering restrictions are taking a toll on our garden.  (This picture was taken before the heatwave)

0C4FBFE8-4823-409E-9981-89E86CA39241.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

When I looked first thing this morning Amsterdam was at the distant anchorage near the Westerdam.  Now she's close in the Singapore Harbor with a bunker ship and barge alongside offloading World Cruise bags to be sent home.  KirkNC has posted a photo on the "News from Amsterdam" thread.

Roy

• Like 1

I think people know I'm quiet susceptible to the call of the Horizon.  Sometimes even when there's a bit of a challenge.  Maybe I'll try a daily classic sunrise/sunset photo here.  Here's one taken from my inward facing Allure of the Seas balcony from my transatlantic.

dawn1102.jpg

Roy

• Like 8

Good morning,

Thanks for all the flower pics.  So uplifting and wonderful to see.  Have walked through some beautiful flower markets and enjoyed each one.

Pinot grigio is great summer wine.  Used it last week to make a great fruit sangria.  Not crazy about meal suggestion and will have to work on something to put together for tonight.

Sending good wishes for Allen coming home today.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily post, Rich. I'm not a sugar cookie fan, but DH is, so I'm sure he'll fulfill that job here.  I must be missing the call of the horizon at sea, since dreaming of cruising has pretty much taken over my sleep these days. Love the quote. Hubby and I have that discussion often. 😄 

@kazu, what lovely gardens you have! I'm enjoying all the pictures from everyone's gardens. I definitely do not have a green thumb. I'm agog with the tulips. They are a favourite of mine. 

@Seasick Sailor prayers that things (and oxygen levels!) are up today. He has a way to go, because I think that they like 99 but 95 is a decent level, and 90 is on its way to the good spot.

@Sharon in AZ prayers for a speedy recovery for your son.

I ventured out to Costco for the first time this morning. It was good. I only saw about 3 people without masks. Everyone was polite and careful as we passed one another. True Costco run....went in for mile ($4.50) and came out with a bill of $190. That's why we call it the $200 Club in our family!

Have a wonderful day. Stay cool! Stay calm! Stay healthy!

IMG_5478.JPG

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good morning Rich, to all The Daily and to my sisters Joy and Cat!

Such a great quote! I am not one who is a sugar cookie person nor do I like hake. That’s ok because the wine is good!! LOL

🛳RICH, I don’t know if you have noticed but so many people come  to see The Daily! This is the only place on CC where you have given us a place to talk, to laugh,

and are able to show emotions without guilt! THANK YOU!

Denise😊

🌺First to Joy that Allen will be able to

come home today. You and Allen are always on our minds!! Loved your Horizon pick!

🌺Sharon I hope your son can overcome this COVID and get well very soon!

🌺Roy, I think you giving us those beautiful sunrise and sunset photos from your journeys Would be so great! I really need them!!!

🌺 Jacqui, with all your many travels I enjoyed the flower market this am! Your garden at home is awesome!!

🌺Gerry and gigianne thank you for the pictures!! 
🦦Have a positive start to a new day!

Denise😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for The Daily.

When I got up this morning (it rained all night) and opened the curtains to look out into the courtyard, I saw my zucchini-in-a-pot had three huge flowers.  I have never had one in a pot before, but it is certainly very happy.  It will go from zucchini-in-a-pot to zucchini-that-ate-the-courtyard!

IMG_4992.thumb.jpeg.ab4bcd8fcadef687268f8a83d1837cb1.jpeg

Jacqui, when we lived in Nairobi, every morning a flight would leave for Amsterdam with flowers for the floating flower market - not tulips, of course, but all the other ones.  It was a big foreign exchange earner for Kenya.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

IMG_4992.thumb.jpeg.ab4bcd8fcadef687268f8a83d1837cb1.jpeg

Those flowers look very promising Ann 🙂

44 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Jacqui, when we lived in Nairobi, every morning a flight would leave for Amsterdam with flowers for the floating flower market - not tulips, of course, but all the other ones.  It was a big foreign exchange earner for Kenya.

I didn’t know that!  Very interesting Ann.  Thanks for sharing 🙂 

• Like 2