How are you deciding if (and when) you may book a cruise again?

Guest ccpm

The very first thing I do is scan the internet for good and hot deals. Then I pick a few and start reading reviews about the ship,  excursions, the company and etc. Then I find out about the most optimal of way of purchasing the cruise and make sure I am available at the time to take it. Usually it takes about 3-4 days before I can decide whether I am taking it or not 

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

The very first thing I do is scan the internet for good and hot deals. Then I pick a few and start reading reviews about the ship,  excursions, the company and etc. Then I find out about the most optimal of way of purchasing the cruise and make sure I am available at the time to take it. Usually it takes about 3-4 days before I can decide whether I am taking it or not 

Well, that's a novel approach! Why didn't I think of that? 

The advice about making sure I am available before booking the cruise is something I would never have thought of!  

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The advice about making sure I am available before booking the cruise is something I would never have thought of!  

You dont seem to be following your own advice wowzz.

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It's terrible when you look at the calendar and realise you've booked two holidays for the same week though. Easily done 🤔

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So interesting virus spike going on in Spain and thousands of Brits on holiday may well be forced to quarantine on their return.  This thing is not over.  Rather shows a good reason not to go abroad any time soon.

Latest numbers from Spain - i.e. yesterday. Total of 971 new cases. Of those, 415 in Aragon, 182 in Catalonia.

25 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

You're right, maybe I had better check - but then again, I am half Scottish, so probably fine 😇

The best grockles are from Essex anyway.Leigh on Sea grockle sheds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry I have not posted since. Just dealing with another elderly aunt who has passed away owing to Covid in her care home. As her children all live abroad I have had to deal with stuff. I'm back on track now and realise I probably was a bit too upset when fragile. Thank you for the support I am off to Warners this weekend and it will be good to get away but it won't be a cruise.

I’m sorry to hear about your your aunt.

I went to Warners the week before lockdown, and had a lovely time. Even then, they were very geared up on the hygiene front.

It you have time, I’ll be very interested to hear about your break, as I would like to go back to another hotel at some point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Sorry I have not posted since. Just dealing with another elderly aunt who has passed away owing to Covid in her care home. As her children all live abroad I have had to deal with stuff. I'm back on track now and realise I probably was a bit too upset when fragile. Thank you for the support I am off to Warners this weekend and it will be good to get away but it won't be a cruise.

Sorry to hear about your aunt.Hope you have a relaxing time at Warners.I would be interested too to hear what its like as we may consider booking a weekend before cruising resumes and have never previously been to one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Good to see you back, and sorry about your aunt.  It must have been a very daunting, upsetting and difficult experience for you, much appreciated though by her children I’m sure.

I’ve heard a lot of positives about Warner.  The only one I know is the Grand Atlantic in Weston Super Mare, but that’s from way, way back when we used to stay there when it was a Trusthouse Forte hotel.  Have a great time.

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Its nice to have you back,  and I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. This weekend's break at Warners will be just what you need to recharge your batteries. Enjoy your stay.

Avril

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ccpm said:

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt, life is so difficult at the moment.  I am glad you are feeling a bit better.  You will enjoy Warners even though it isn't a cruise.  I went for 4 days to Warners Bodelwyddan Castle last year with a group of friends (No husbands allowed).  It was my first visit to Warners but it won't be the last.