Carnival Corporation to Sell 13 Cruise Ships

Copper10-8

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Two more words Redd Foxx 😁

Yeah, but Redd Foxx was known as an "inner city" black comedian.   Buddy Hacket came across (on TV and the movies) as SOOOOO  wholesome.   Then you saw his stand up routine....  (My mother LOVED him, until later in life when I showed her a Y tube clip of his Vegas act.....  Her words almost mirrored Himself's!)    Thats why my fingers typed Buddy Hacket immediately (Without any conscious thought!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I agree - I would say that about half of them are not very good - I think that I could do a better routine!

We still laugh about one cruise.  The magician was way funnier than the comedian.  I'm not usually a fan of the magicians or the comedians but in this case that guy was a hoot.  Put the comedian to shame!

My preference of all of the comedy acts that I have attended were the shows of Patrick Murray and Matilda.  I sailed with them, fortunately, on a few cruises.  Each show was fresh and Mr. Murray introduced others of his "family" over the years.  Matilda had a "smart mouth", but I never found it offensive.  

• Like 1

The filthiest comedian I ever saw on a cruise ship was Jerry Van Dyke.  It was on Royal Caribbean quite a few years ago.  Lots of sex jokes and profanities and a lot of people walked out.  Never thought he would be so profane. 

Have to admit that I enjoy a comedian act with adult content...Here in Belgium, we have an excellent comedian, but his rudeness is legendary and I think that the vast majority of Americans would be deeply offended by his humour, that has no boundaries, including sex, religion and nazis.

8 minutes ago, Himself said:

AS of July 29th I hear Carnival will sell to more ships.

Carnival Corp. CCL, 0.33% disclosed Wednesday that it expects to remove two more cruise ships from its fleet that previously projected. In an 8-K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Carnival said it evaluated the two additional ships for impairment, and decided their carrying values are "no longer recoverable" when compared with their estimated future cash flows. On July 10, Carnival had said it planned to remove nine ships from its fleet in the next 90 days, in addition to the sale of four ships which were announced before fiscal 2020. Including the additional removals, the company expects to record impairment charges of $600 million to $650 million in its third quarter. "These decisions are intended to align the fleet with the expected phased restart of guest cruise operations while also generating cost savings," Carnival stated in the 8-K. Wednesday's disclosure comes a week after Carnival said it was extending its sailing pause in some regions, including Asia, South America, the California coast, Hawaii and Mexico, through Dec. 15. 

On 7/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, Indianadaytripper said:

I believe Carnival made a major mistake in selling ships to non Carnival Corp. companies, they should be scrapped. The loss in that revenue, is nothing they will lose in market share from lost passengers to the buying companies at bargain prices.

I repeat I believe Carnival has made a major mistake by selling to a competitor. Fred Olson has now decided to send one of its 1325 passenger cruise ship to America for the first time itinerary. Just a start. Imagine a cruise itinerary going from LA to San Fran. to Vancouver every 21 days or so all year long going to the Polynesian Islands with other stops along the way. I believe it would be nearly full every time. Just right for one of these competitors with the right size ship. Just my thoughts 

37 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

I repeat I believe Carnival has made a major mistake by selling to a competitor. Fred Olson has now decided to send one of its 1325 passenger cruise ship to America for the first time itinerary. Just a start. Imagine a cruise itinerary going from LA to San Fran. to Vancouver every 21 days or so all year long going to the Polynesian Islands with other stops along the way. I believe it would be nearly full every time. Just right for one of these competitors with the right size ship. Just my thoughts 

Wow!  Sounds like we could see the Amsterdam under a new banner.

3 hours ago, Indianadaytripper said:

How about starting farther south in San Diego?

22 hours ago, Indianadaytripper said:

Fred Olson has now decided to send one of its 1325 passenger cruise ship to America for the first time itinerary. Just a start. Imagine a cruise itinerary going from LA to San Fran. to Vancouver every 21 days or so all year long going to the Polynesian Islands with other stops along the way. I believe it would be nearly full every time. Just right for one of these competitors with the right size ship. Just my thoughts 

I think that would make a great itinerary...especially all year long. LA or SD would save so much flying for those on the West Coast.

A cruise along California, Oregon and Washington, with a stop in Vancouver would be VERY popular.

Same goes for a cruise along the East Coast by the way. An area often forgotten but with such important American history.

• Like 1

The only itinerary Fred Olsen has announced to America is a 34 day cruise from the UK to the east coast of the US on the Balmoral.  Don't think HAL has much to worry about.  Besides if they do base a ship in the US, competition is good.