If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

38 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

You realize "double blind" means you WON'T be guaranteed nor will you know which you get right?? That is the ENTIRE purpose of a "double blind" study-to not have any bias in the results. It also means that in order to tell if vaccine is effective you really need to be in areas of exposure. If you stay locked away for 6 months and don't get covid it doesn't do anything to advance efficacy.

Of course I realize that - my point was if I would be willing to get the vaccine during a phase 3 trial then I don't see why it would be any different after the trial - as far as side effects are involved.   And yes once I had the vaccine I would be willing to expose myself to life as it used to be, but  I would imagine the shots don't kick in immediately, so there is probably a short time where immunity isn't complete and a little extra care would be necessary.  I don't know abut that part and unless you are an epidemiologist working on any of the vaccines in development, my guess is you don't know either.

51 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

For those unwilling to to be around family members-at what point do you say OK? what if it IS 2 years before YOU get the vaccine? are you really truly willing to live (what may be a significant portion) of your last years locked away? ARe you that careful during height of flu season-which is unequivocally far more deadly to kids than covid?

I think a vaccine WILL be available early next year.  I am not locked away - I go out to eat, (outdoors), go shopping, see my family,(again primarily outdoors.)  I can't do the things I used to do with my grandson and that is what I miss the most.

Right now I am willing to pass on those things - it might be a different story come the first of the year if we don't have a vaccine.

And yes, I don't go around my family if they have the regular flu and our school system requires children to get a flu shot each year.

1 hour ago, monykalyn said:

IF the vaccine has adequate safety information out, peer reviewed, has gone through ALL the appropriate channels-including proper paced and LENGTH of phase 3 trials-then sure. 

Did you see see today's news that, under pressure, the FDA says it may not require Phase 3 (safety) trials?

4 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

The next big question is would countries accept people from another country if they feel the vaccine was not properly tested and proved?

It's a huge grey area and potentially a political nightmare

Good point. We're in the UK and I'm guessing the vaccine we will get (eventually) could be different in that it's produced by another organisation that's not in the USA also tested differently etc etc I'm seriously starting to think it could be many years before we get to visit the USA that we love!

5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

The next big question is would countries accept people from another country if they feel the vaccine was not properly tested and proved?

It's a huge grey area and potentially a political nightmare

I know that if I was to get a fast tracked vaccine I would be tested after two or three weeks to see if I had developed any anti bodies or not.. 

That would be the next logical step in the entire immunity process..

6 hours ago, boscobeans said:

I know that if I was to get a fast tracked vaccine I would be tested after two or three weeks to see if I had developed any anti bodies or not.. 

That would be the next logical step in the entire immunity process..

Yeah so that’s already been confirmed.  You think they are doing stage 3 trials on a vax that may not produce antibodies?  Come on use your head.  

On 9/1/2020 at 7:46 PM, cbowls30 said:

Good point. We're in the UK and I'm guessing the vaccine we will get (eventually) could be different in that it's produced by another organisation that's not in the USA also tested differently etc etc I'm seriously starting to think it could be many years before we get to visit the USA that we love!

UK here as well. I think the Oxford vaccine will become euro standard and I am guessing the WHO will have a list of acceptable vaccines. As for the US, time will tell which way they go. The biggest question will be cost. A working vaccine will be a licence to print money for some companies. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

UK here as well. I think the Oxford vaccine will become euro standard and I am guessing the WHO will have a list of acceptable vaccines. As for the US, time will tell which way they go. The biggest question will be cost. A working vaccine will be a licence to print money for some companies. 

Absolutely! Money to be made for sure, let's hope it arrives soon so we can all start to travel again

Yes we both will get a vaccine when one is available that has gone thru all proper testing.  I am not about to get a vaccine that is rushed thru the system by politicians just so I can cruise.   

I wonder how russia is doing with the vaccine they said was available a couple weeks ago that hadn't gone thru various phases of testing.  

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder how russia is doing with the vaccine they said was available a couple weeks ago that hadn't gone thru various phases of testing.  

We will probably never know the truth from a government who poisons their critics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes we both will get a vaccine when one is available that has gone thru all proper testing.  I am not about to get a vaccine that is rushed thru the system by politicians just so I can cruise.   

I agree with you.  In answer to the original question, I saidyes, I would get a vaccine if required to cruise but I will not get it if it is released early  by the FDA under emergency authorization.  

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

We will probably never know the truth from a government who poisons their critics.

Very true.     I looked online and apparently the russian scientists would Not allow for the vaccine to be given to their citizens until it is fully tested too.    So their leader is pushing his warp speed program for their testing to be done to get their vaccine released this fall (the race is on).     Not a race I want to be part of.   I want it done right so that it works for the majority of the population in the world.    

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

6 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Without proper testing, I would not want to take the Russian COVID-19 vaccine.

Watched a story on the news tonight where someone with an ALS drug wants to forego phase 3 and get it out to public right away. 

No complaints😉

Imagine that

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very true.     I looked online and apparently the russian scientists would Not allow for the vaccine to be given to their citizens until it is fully tested too.    So their leader is pushing his warp speed program for their testing to be done to get their vaccine released this fall (the race is on).     Not a race I want to be part of.   I want it done right so that it works for the majority of the population in the world.    

I'm still amazed that China only has 4000 covid deaths😉

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Watched a story on the news tonight where someone with an ALS drug wants to forego phase 3 and get it out to public right away. 

No complaints😉

Imagine that

There is a difference between a drug for ALS and a vaccine for Covid.   ALS a fatal disease that currently has no cure.  I would imagine that someone with ALS would not want to wait on phase 3 testing to see if it is safe for them as it may be the miracle they are waiting for.

The Covid vaccine will be given to healthy people. Do you really want to give a vaccine  that has not gone through rigorous testing for safety?

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

There is a difference between a drug for ALS and a vaccine for Covid.   ALS a fatal disease that currently has no cure.  I would imagine that someone with ALS would not want to wait on phase 3 testing to see if it is safe for them as it may be the miracle they are waiting for.

The Covid vaccine will be given to healthy people. Do you really want to give a vaccine  that has not gone through rigorous testing for safety?

Sherri🙂

Trials began in May. Has anyone died yet?

We all want a vaccine that is going to work and work for long term not a couple of months.  And would be nice to have one maybe 75% effective not slap it together throw it out there to general public and see what happens.  

I agree something is better than nothing but what happens if some people rush to get first one available and a better one comes along a couple months later.  Those that got the earliest version probably wont be able to get the better version.

I think I read that people who are currently part of the trials for the various vaccines will not be able to get another version of the vaccine as they wont know the side effects of someone taking a test vaccine then the actual approved vaccine.

Anyway.  I'm not rushing to take any new vaccine the moment is released.  I will wait and see just like I will do when cruises out of us ports restarts.  I will wait and see.  Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

I guess that depends on what you consider to be rigorous testing for safety.  If phase 3 trials aren't enough for you - at what point do you accept any vaccine is safe?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Well said and thank you for reminding us that we are global citizens as well as citizens of America.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Trials began in May. Has anyone died yet?

Nope and those that have had reactions have had very mild ones, similar to what some get with the flu vaccine, aches, mild fevers.

• Thanks 1