ALL ABOUT APEX.....

hcat

On 9/12/2020 at 1:41 PM, kwokpot said:

The heart of the matter is that this category of room was TOTALLY mis-marketed. It should have NEVER been marketed as a Veranda; Instead it should have been marketed as a Premium Window stateroom and called something like 'Infinite Sunroom'. Anything but Veranda. They could have priced it as a Veranda but they should have never called it a Veranda Cabin.  

I wonder if Celebrity will ever fix this design faux paux.  Having a ship full of window cabins and NOT balconies seems like the Edsel all over again.

We love our balconies!  Window cabins not as much.

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

I wonder if Celebrity will ever fix this design faux paux.  Having a ship full of window cabins and NOT balconies seems like the Edsel all over again.

We love our balconies!  Window cabins not as much.

Don't get me wrong. I've been on the Edge twice and both times in an IV cabin. I love everything about the ship ( well the Spa needs a hot tub and better utilization of it's outdoor Deck- it's just an empty space,not even any lounge chairs!) And I even loved our IV cabins. But I have to be honest and repeat the IV is not a true balcony cabin. And yes when the window is down the cabin does eventually get warm and a little muggy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am so ready for the new 2022 itineraries to come out and let us book.  I have had to cancel two Apex cruises, so I want another chance...

We are hoping that X will release the 2022 cruises early this year. Ready and waiting, too!

• Like 1

Just booked January 2022 on Apex to use FCC. Hopefully we will be able to cruise then. Did book Aqua Class to use up the FCC. It will be an IV so we will see how we like it. We are in the minority and think Blu is just ok but we love the heated loungers. So give and take. I am excited to be on a newish ship. 

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Just booked January 2022 on Apex to use FCC. Hopefully we will be able to cruise then. Did book Aqua Class to use up the FCC. It will be an IV so we will see how we like it. We are in the minority and think Blu is just ok but we love the heated loungers. So give and take. I am excited to be on a newish ship. 

We are booked for Jan 29, 2022 hopefully things better than too. 

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I'm booked on the Apex for March, 2022. This was a lift and Shift from March, 2021.

May 1, 2021 TA for me, fingers crossed.  In an S3 Sky Suite, took this because of the large balcony, 104 SF.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, bama4cruisin said:

We moved our reservation in May, so we were able to keep all the same.  I am afraid if I ever sail in a suite, I won't be able to move back!

i am anxious for sailing to start so we can get reports from those on her!

Our first cruise was a suite (magic upgrade), and we did not know yet what to compare it to, so wasted on us to some degree. Was very nice, but have not done a suite again

- Joel

Just seen this on cruisemapper:

Celebrity Apex current location is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 47.28985 N / -3.46497 W) cruising at speed of 11.4 kn (21 kph/ 13 mph) en route to SOUTHAMPTON. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.”

Just wonder why she is going to Southampton?

Edited by upwarduk

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Just seen this on cruisemapper:

Celebrity Apex current location is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 47.28985 N / -3.46497 W) cruising at speed of 11.4 kn (21 kph/ 13 mph) en route to SOUTHAMPTON. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.”

Just wonder why she is going to Southampton?

Apex is supposed to be there September 22-23. Stay tuned!

😊

• Like 1

Maybe- just maybe- X will start cruises to nowhere out of Southampton soon on board Apex- just a thought- my crystal ball is a bit cloudy this morning- so not really a clear sight...!

If only Cunard would send out their Queen Mary2 to do such journeys to nowhere out of Southampton.. I would be on board in a heart beat.

Love the video- made me tear up a bit! 

We are scheduled for a January 16, 2021 cruise on Apex. Final payment is due soon but do not want to risk giving them more money at this point. Hoping some kind of announcement from Celebrity and CDC will be out before final payment.

Edited by H2OH!