The Daily for Friday Jul 31, 2020

richwmn

Thanks Rich for the Daily.

Chocolate and raspberries all in one day? That sounds wonderful. 

Happy mutt day to all those beloved pets. There’s nothing better than dog hugs and kisses to welcome you home. 

We will spend the weekend moving back into our living room. We had our hardwood floors refinished and they are now all done and ready. Our other 2 dogs are definitely ready to have their space back. We’ve lived here for 23 years so it was definitely time to have the floors done. 

Thank you Roy for the add to the Care List. We really appreciate all the prayers for us and Clementine and all the kind words. 

Dinner tonight is Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. I’ll see if I can find some raspberry cake to go with it. 

• Like 9

Rich thank you for the Daily.  I recall when HAL used to list the ships in the daily bulletin now called The When and Where. It would also list the ship being built.  In that Spirit I list Rotterdam VII under construction.   In his blog of yesterday Captain Albert had a picture of the Rotterdam VII.

• Like 5

Good morning and thanks for the daily update.  The only chocolate in house at present is dark chocolate so I will not be celebrating.  As I sit here in my porch I see people walking by with their dogs but so far  I haven't seen any that look like a mutt.  (A mongrel, mixed breed).  The end of another month, what will August bring, hopefully closer to a vaccine so we can see those blue hulled ships moving in our direction.  Have a wonderful day everyone.⛴

• Like 7

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Every day is Mutts Day here. 

mmmm Chocolate.

The raspberries in my garden are ripening, but not quite ready.

Tonight's dinner will be garlic shrimp.  And wine!

Sending prayers to everyone on the Care List.

Wishing everyone a good day.  Be safe.  Be healthy.

bread.thumb.jpg.e840b9bff97a6af1cd81b67f26fe495b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I won our first cruise in 1989 through a radio contest, so we took it in July, 1989 for a 7 day run through the Caribbean.  Great memories.  Please don't judge the hair; everyone was getting perms in the 80's.  Oh, and look where the ship was registered!

Prayers for everyone who has struggles, and even for those who don't.  Be safe, stay well, and we'll see you next month!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

San Juan 1989.jpg

Great pic Gerry and great memories ❤️ 

Wow - what a coincidence - I discovered my love of cruising when I won my first cruise through work 😄 

• Like 5

Good morning, all, and thank you Rich for the Daily news.   I'm just  back from our exercise group, so having a coffee.  This morning is a bit overcast, so hopefully it will be cooler than yesterday.  Forest fire season has started!  This is a holiday weekend here, so we are hoping everyone behaves themselves.  Our Covid numbers are rising...

You didn't say, Rich, whose quote that was about the chocolate, so I immediately thought of Miss Ruth!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Really late this morning!!! Love that it is Mutt day👍 Making carnitas in crock pot for tonight!! 
Rich and to all have a wonderful day and weekend!! 
Ann Bindi is precious!!

Joy have fun with your planters today!

Roy love the sunrise pic! Especially I enjoy your prayer list!

Form my Home to yours! Happy Mutt Day!

Paisley will get special treats!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.d59fd033cc803c2b5f6fc07ae1a78f4f.jpeg

• Like 10

Love the dog pictures🤗. Bindi, Paisley and the others are beautiful. Here’s to raspberries and chocolate.  Had local amazing steak last night.   

feeling a bit sad. Was hoping to combine the inaugural now Rotterdam  cruise with  a holy land one ala Roy.  Now won’t be possible.

on a happier note the wildflowers are exquisite 🥰

EB14DECE-63AC-42DD-BB53-826BC9BFC5AD.jpeg

2A44648A-60C7-41EC-B0D3-B2AE94A7DEF6.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 11

Thanks for the Daily! Chocolate and raspberry? Yummmmm. The meal suggestion sounds good, although I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner today.

Thinking and saying a quick prayer for those on the Care list.

@fatcat04 we had a similar issue with my mom before she passed. We eventually insisted on the neck/GPS fall monitor for our sanity, since she refused to leave her home (although she was willing at one point to move to a retirement home). She did use the monitor, and the first time she fell, she told the assistant that she was "okay". They contacted me, anyway. It really did allay our fears for her. Hopefully, you can convince your mom to do the same.

@kazu, good news for José - means he can't do vacuuming, right? 😉 BTW, your dahlias are beautiful! No wonder the hummingbirds like them.

No dog here, just a 'mutt' kitty cat. She seems very much like a Norwegian Forest cat, but them lots of fluffy black cats do. Right now, she enjoys stretching out on the cool floor and sleeping. I can relate.

Thank you all for the pictures and memories. It's a long weekend here, so fingers crossed that people wear their masks and social distance. For everyone, stay safe and be kind! Blessings to all.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Thank you all for the pictures and memories. It's a long weekend here, so fingers crossed that people wear their masks and social distance. For everyone, stay safe and be kind! Blessings to all.

Remind me what the weekend is about.  I just remembered that just about a year ago I visited my family outside Montreal, and swung around to enter Canada in Niagara Falls and see Come From Away in Toronto.  Oh, the traffic on the 401.

Roy

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Remind me what the weekend is about.  I just remembered that just about a year ago I visited my family outside Montreal, and swung around to enter Canada in Niagara Falls and see Come From Away in Toronto.  Oh, the traffic on the 401.

Roy

It’s an excuse for a long weekend in the summer Roy 😉 

here in New Brunswick, Monday is New Brunswick Day.   In Nova Scotia Monday will be Natal day.  In B.C. it will be British Columbia Day, in Alberta - Heritage day. In Saskatchewan, it’s Saskatchewan day.  It’s a civic holiday in the NorthWest Territories, Manitoba and Nanavut as well as a federal holiday in PEI.  It’s a civic holiday in Ontario - often called “long August weekend” with differing names in different parts of Ontario IIRC.  Hope I didn’t forget anyone 😉. It’s not a civic holiday in Newfoundland & Labrador, Quebec or the Yukon.  They have a holiday on a different day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Civic Day? 

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Oh, the traffic on the 401.

I think that statement might apply 24/7!

As a kid spending the summers in the Kawartha Lakes (Ontario), we just referred to it as Civic Holiday. For me, since we were already on a summer-long vacation, it just meant some of our Toronto friends might have an extra day or two at the lake.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CM1984 said:

Biscuit is quite happy that it is HIS day as well.  But then, when isn't it his day?  Spoiled, but so very faithful.  And CHOCOLATE?  Yes Yes Yes

Biscuit gazing down the beach.jpg

Oh my!  What a gorgeous dog and with a white heart on his chest!

• Like 7

Thank you for the daily Rich.

A raspberry cake with chocolate sauce sounds so good.  Might have to look up a recipe.  I would love a garlic butter steak tonight, yum.

Everyone's photos were so great today.  The flowers from Bennybear, Jacqui, Fred...  I could have missed someone but all were so pretty.  And Roy, your sunrise in Quebec was beautiful.  The doggie pictures, love them all.  Denise's Paisley, so cute and blonde.  Cat's Bindi, so furry and adorable. CM1984 with the big black dog with the white heart on his chest, so stately and fun looking.  Then Gerry, love love love the Puerto Rico photo, so special and a keepsake.

Have a great day everyone, see you in August!

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@cat shepard Ann, how are things going in Florida? How close is the hurricane to you? Thinking of you!! Love you!! Joy

🔮

Joy, my crystal ball is a bit fogged up, so I am still not sure how much rain or wind I will get. Isaias still hasn’t hit Southern Florida - that will determine a lot.

But the important info for me is that experts do not expect it to strengthen beyond a

Cat 1, so I will not even put up my hurricane shutters.  

Of course it is 2020, so I am ready to do what is needed - if anything changes. ❤️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

🔮

Joy, my crystal ball is a bit fogged up, so I am still not sure how much rain or wind I will get. Isaias still hasn’t hit Southern Florida - that will determine a lot.

But the important info for me is that experts do not expect it to strengthen beyond a

Cat 1, so I will not even put up my hurricane shutters.  

Of course it is 2020, so I am ready to do what is needed - if anything changes. ❤️

Ann, just heard on CNN about the hurricane!! Thought of you and our dear sister was already on top of it!!! Hope it by passes you!!! Your in my thoughts! 
I think of Joy and you! Have a good weekend! 
Denise😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Ann, just heard on CNN about the hurricane!! Thought of you and our dear sister was already on top of it!!! Hope it by passes you!!! Your in my thoughts! 
I think of Joy and you! Have a good weekend! 
Denise😊

Well, Joy had a storm, then you had a storm, so it is my turn.

• Like 2