Celebrity Suspensions Extended (Merged Discussions)

WNcruiser

7 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

Thanks Jelayne

I hadn’t seen this post. So my transatlantic has been cancelled. Not surprised. My Caribbean on November 13 is not looking good either as they cancelled the longer cruises on the Equinox.

I would wait for the official email Or Notice on Twitter website for cancellations. The link above came from a user not a celebrity associate.

i still think it’s right, it was sent to TRavel agents. But I intend to keep stum till I get my official email!

24 minutes ago, Debbiem83 said:

I would wait for the official email Or Notice on Twitter website for cancellations. The link above came from a user not a celebrity associate.

i still think it’s right, it was sent to TRavel agents. But I intend to keep stum till I get my official email!

The link was what was sent to a TA, we have had 3 cruises cancelled and we have been notified by our TA never received notification  from Celebrity other than what was posted on the website.

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The link was what was sent to a TA, we have had 3 cruises cancelled and we have been notified by our TA never received notification  from Celebrity other than what was posted on the website.

I called my TA this afternoon and she confirmed our Apex cruise in October was cancelled but she hadn’t yet received any correspondence from X.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

I meant for those people that booked direct with celebrity, I would wait for the official email/website change from Them before making other plans.

i didn’t use a TA, so technically right now I’m still unaware of any changes 

Edited by Debbiem83

This is what I received this morning direct from celebrity:

Good Morning Deborah

We have received the following update this morning:

At this time we are evaluating the status of all 2020 itineraries and performing maintenance on our booking systems.

Should any itinerary modifications or sailing changes be required, guests and travel partners on affected sailings will be contacted directly.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through the many unexpected consequences brought on by the COVID19 pandemic. We remain optimistic that every day is a step closer to a healthy and safe return to service.

Thanks,

Jack

41 minutes ago, Pirateguy said:

That email from Jack doesn’t tally with the TA email schedule showing all the cancelled cruises

No I agree, but suspect it’s just a corporate response and a update will follow.

im not pulling the plug though and cancelling anything ( hotels etc) until my Europe trip has been officially cancelled and I’m notified. Without this group I’d be none the wiser right now!!

20 minutes ago, Debbiem83 said:

No I agree, but suspect it’s just a corporate response and a update will follow.

im not pulling the plug though and cancelling anything ( hotels etc) until my Europe trip has been officially cancelled and I’m notified. Without this group I’d be none the wiser right now!!

Still selling Oct.cruises this morning!

• Like 1

Latest one from celebrity yesterday 

Mike 

On 3 Aug 2020, at 12:12, CustomerServiceUK@celebritycruises.com wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. 

I can confirm that your sailing is no longer on sale as this sailing has now been suspended. This sailing will no longer show on our website or our Celebrity Cruises App. 

I Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards

Sophie Sheppard

6 minutes ago, Islandbuoy said:

Still selling Oct.cruises this morning!

I think that’s only those not leaving from UK though.

so far some have been notified of cancellations others haven’t, depending on how you booked in the first place. So some might still be going ahead, or some people are just getting bad news faster than others!

Captain Kate posted a message on Instagram. She reported that all but 77 crew are leaving Edge.

This means they are transitioning to cold layup to save cost.

Smart move, but it can take weeks for a ship to return to service from cold layup. So they know they won´t start any time soon 😞

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Captain Kate posted a message on Instagram. She reported that all but 77 crew are leaving Edge.

Smart move, but it can take weeks for a ship to return to service from cold layup. So they know they won´t start any time soon 😞

Wasn’t edge all America/ Pacific/ Mexico cruises?

still not Europe cruises cancelled

11 minutes ago, Debbiem83 said:

Wasn’t edge all America/ Pacific/ Mexico cruises?

still not Europe cruises cancelled

Yep, but Edge cruises are also not officially cancelled 😉 Regardless the signs are clear...

Do you expect any American cruise line to start cruising in Europe as planned any time soon?

With a majority of Americans? I don´t think so.

Plus, if any cruises are to start again, they won´t start with itineraries planned before.
Look at TUI, which already did some sailings. They had nothing to with the planned sailings. Everthing will be reset and started from scratch for a long while....

Edited by Miaminice

I was expecting a change of itinerary more than a cancellation.

time will tell I suppose, I suspect I’ll know for sure about my own sailing by the end of the month. Till then I’m still a glass half full kind of girl!!

6 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Received an email from our ta(big outlet in NH), and was told that our 10/17/20 cruise on the Summit is cancelled!!

Hal

Hmm....we're booked on that cruise with the same TA but haven't been notified.  Wondering why we have not been, especially since we have 10+ sailings with them through Aug 2021.  Time will tell.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Miaminice said:

It will take weeks just for the new crew to clear all of the Covid tests and quarantine.  Based on vlogs from a couple of crew members, no one is talking about cruising anytime soon, it will take several weeks to notify new crews and transport them to the ships.  I'm starting to become skeptical about February 2021.

20 hours ago, Miaminice said:

It will be a warm, not cold lay up. Systems such as air conditioning etc will be kept running to prevent deterioration of an almost new ship.

21 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

It will be a warm, not cold lay up. Systems such as air conditioning etc will be kept running to prevent deterioration of an almost new ship.

Warm is what they did up until now.

Now they are going "colder" to save cost.

Only they know if they do something in between warm and cold...