The Daily for Monday Aug 3, 2020

richwmn

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Speaking for myself, no I haven’t had to log in each day.  I remain logged in and usually around 3 weeks or so, it seems to be forgotten and I have to log in again.  Might be because I’m on an IPad and geared to stay logged in on my sign in stuff? 

Hmm.  I use my laptop and never had to log in every day, just after clearing cookies, etc.  Now each morning it's log in time.  

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hmm.  I use my laptop and never had to log in every day, just after clearing cookies, etc.  Now each morning it's log in time.  

Allen's identity was stolen (while we were on a cruise) they took out an online loan. We found out 6 months later when it went to tracing that it was from the Expedia breach. The detective that filed our report told us to always, always sign out of every single app when done, and I do. To change every password frequently, and I do. That was one scary situation.. AND by the way, 2 other people in our neighborhood were breached as well. We all had the same detective working our case. 

It just takes a second to logon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Allen's identity was stolen (while we were on a cruise) they took out an online loan. We found out 6 months later when it went to tracing that it was from the Expedia breach. The detective that filed our report told us to always, always sign out of every single app when done, and I do. To change every password frequently, and I do. That was one scary situation.. AND by the way, 2 other people in our neighborhood were breached as well. We all had the same detective working our case. 

That's true.  That's all we would need now is to have our identity stolen!  Then after that a plague of locusts.  lol

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I always log out of all of my sites except CC.  With the name kazu and a password totally separate I didn’t consider it a risk.  After hearing about your experience, it’s probably best I log out of CC and play it safe as I do the other sites.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4

This was posted on the Crystal forum in response to my last where am  I:

1 hour ago, Jim9310 said:

2046586127_Christchurch(17).thumb.JPG.406b9a245c8887177ed9f77899f16238.JPG

1428995296_Christchurch(21).thumb.JPG.4cd46ee73c21f1605d3b08e90d1d0582.JPG

Supplementing Roy's photo---

The Cardboard Cathedral, Christchurch, NZ - interior photos on tour in Feb 2015

I had previously visited Christchurch one day prior to the Feb 2011 earthquake, while cruising on the Volendam.

My tour had been to the Antarctic station so I only saw the Cathedral as we passed on the bus.

Roy

• Like 5

The beginning of the end for Rotterdam!

Good morning all, and thank you Rich, for the Daily News!

I have just spent time on the phone with our PCC trying to book the premiere cruises of the new Rotterdam, but she said it has been taken out of their list while  the date and itinerary changes,  etc., are being made.  I told her it was still on the HAL website (old date and price) and I was hoping to get it before the changes were made, but no luck with that!  I even sent her a screenshot of it...  Oh, well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the post, Rich. Love the days. We don't have watermelon right now, but I it is the only melon that I can eat. Maybe DH will pick some out when he is out today. Boy does life feel like a yo-yo right now! Especially one with knots!

It's a beautiful day here, despite a thunderstorm warning for the afternoon. I do know that 45 minutes north had a lot of rain-and hail! It's a bit warmer than the 22º that puppycanducruise has, but so nice to have the windows and doors open!

Prayers sent for those on the Care list. May they each have their needs met in a positive manner soon. Also, prayers for safety in the wake of rough weather along the coasts.

Hopefully, everyone is having a wonderful day, and for others in Canada, I trust your holiday is great!

• Like 5

Thank you for the daily Rich.

Happy Assistance dog day.  Watermelon only tastes good really cold on a really hot day.  I have one of the small ones in my fridge right now, I was wanting to make a feta dip for it but haven't gotten around to it yet so just might have to get that done today to celebrate.  The meal suggestion sounds good, I love sweet potatoes but DH doesn't so we won't be having that tonight.  Sauv Blanc is our favorite wine, I'll have to check out the recommendation.

I heard from my PCC today about our canceled Rotterdam New England/Canada/Newfoundland/Greenland cruise.  She said there isn't anything comparable to book right now so I told her I need to wait.  Thinking about maybe doing a back to back New England/Canada but I so wanted to get to Greenland.  Also thinking about a TA from Amsterdam.  Right now I'm going to wait and see.

Have a great day everyone and happy Canada civic holiday to all those up north.  Wishing good health to everyone on the care list.  Hoping storms stay away from all those expecting them. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning!  Thanks to all for your contributions to this Daily.  The happiest place on Cruise Critic.

I have a question about the Koningsdam.  Does anyone have any idea when it will go back through the Canal?  I hope to watch again on the webcams if we can find the link to them again.

And do all of you have to sign into Cruise Critic each day like I do?  Ever since the morning we couldn't sign in at first, I've had to log in each day.  There's nowhere on the log in box to click Keep Me Logged In.

I use a desk top for CC.  For me it's just easier to use than my IPad, although if I post a photo I use my IPad.  Anyway, I don't worry about logging out on my desk top and haven't had a problem with it keeping me logged in.  Now after hearing the story from Joy about the stolen identity I will have to start logging out on my IPad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Rich, for suggesting Sauvignon Blanc - one of my favorite summertime wines.  I'm curious if you have a Falanghina to suggest because that is also a good summertime wine.

I appreciate all the good cheer on this post, and I love the flowers, sunrises and sunsets and pets in the pictures.

The hurricane will get to us in NC tonight sometime, and we are far enough inland that we will have rain and wind with the threat of downed trees and power outages, but hopefully everyone in the path will stay safe.

Adding prayers to everyone, and stay kind.

Cindy

• Like 4

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Indian

Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/15

Rich - thanks for the daily updates. Looks like Volendam is headed for the Atlantic, meaning the October cruises out of San Diego are off. Pardon me while I go unpack (we are booked on the 17 October sailing).

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for the daily Rich.

Happy Assistance dog day.  Watermelon only tastes good really cold on a really hot day.  I have one of the small ones in my fridge right now, I was wanting to make a feta dip for it but haven't gotten around to it yet so just might have to get that done today to celebrate.  The meal suggestion sounds good, I love sweet potatoes but DH doesn't so we won't be having that tonight.  Sauv Blanc is our favorite wine, I'll have to check out the recommendation.

I heard from my PCC today about our canceled Rotterdam New England/Canada/Newfoundland/Greenland cruise.  She said there isn't anything comparable to book right now so I told her I need to wait.  Thinking about maybe doing a back to back New England/Canada but I so wanted to get to Greenland.  Also thinking about a TA from Amsterdam.  Right now I'm going to wait and see.

Have a great day everyone and happy Canada civic holiday to all those up north.  Wishing good health to everyone on the care list.  Hoping storms stay away from all those expecting them. 

We were also on one of the Greenland trips and are so sad that nothing similar has been offered yet. Maybe for 2022? Fingers crossed anyway. 

• Like 2

Good afternoon all!

I hope everyone has had a great day and that the storms aren’t hitting to terribly badly. 

Not much going on in my world today. I’ve got the week off to work on my house and visit with the doctor. Meatloaf is on tonight’s menu with a side of mixed veggies.  

Thanks Rich for The Daily. 

• Like 2

I am all out of sunsets right now.   So, instead I have offered a shot of our form of a sail away party.   A few years back I broke my hip and had to cancel a Caribbean cruise on the Koningsdam.   We were so looking forward to it, so we made some palm trees and drinks and sat outside for sail away.  

Stay safe everyone.  Thank you for all the flower pictures, sunrises, fur babies and updates of what you are doing.  I do enjoy reading all of them.

Koningsdam cruise.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am all out of sunsets right now.   So, instead I have offered a shot of our form of a sail away party.   A few years back I broke my hip and had to cancel a Caribbean cruise on the Koningsdam.   We were so looking forward to it, so we made some palm trees and drinks and sat outside for sail away.  

Love your alternative sail away photo. Here's a sunset photo for you. Taken as the Koningsdam left Martinique on February 19, 2019

310965928_10Sunset.thumb.JPG.f53e54ffbbb9355d3a033c725f67f361.JPG

• Like 6

Debbie, that brings up memories.  I started sailing Royal Caribbean largely because they have cruises out of Baltimore.  They sail year round and I had one memorable cruise in January 2013.  This isn't exactly sailaway (I did that in the heated solarium) but this is the scene that greeted me on the pool deck.

snowman.jpg

Unlike HAL, they don't have rooms ready at embarkation so the buffet gets really crowded with people sitting rather than eating.  I ended up taking my lunch out to one of those tables to find a place to eat.

BTW, I don't have a lot of sunset photos but will have tomorrow.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Debbie, that brings up memories.  I started sailing Royal Caribbean largely because they have cruises out of Baltimore.  They sail year round and I had one memorable cruise in January 2013.  This isn't exactly sailaway (I did that in the heated solarium) but this is the scene that greeted me on the pool deck.

snowman.jpg

Unlike HAL, they don't have rooms ready at embarkation so the buffet gets really crowded with people sitting rather than eating.  I ended up taking my lunch out to one of those tables to find a place to eat.

BTW, I don't have a lot of sunset photos but will have tomorrow.

Roy

Not quite what you'd expect to find on a cruise ship.   Thanks, Roy, for doing a sunset for me.   I think generally we were still at dinner or inside doing something when most sunsets occurred.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Love your alternative sail away photo. Here's a sunset photo for you. Taken as the Koningsdam left Martinique on February 19, 2019

310965928_10Sunset.thumb.JPG.f53e54ffbbb9355d3a033c725f67f361.JPG

Thank you!  That is gorgeous.

• Like 1