The Daily for Thursday Aug 6, 2020

richwmn

today is National Fresh Breath Day and Wiggle Your Toes Day

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

Meal suggestion for today - Rustic Tomato Pie

Wine of the day - Duckhorn Merlot Napa Valley Three Palms Vineyard vintage 2014

At Sea Indian
Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/18
Westerdam destination Mombasa, Kenya eta 8/12

At Sea Mediterranean
Amsterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/10
Rotterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/6
Veendam destination Piraeus eta 8/7

At Sea Pacific
Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13
Ship is currently off Baja California

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Jakarta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Maasdam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Singapore Area
Noordam

0806Indian.png

0806Med.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the daily report.  Like the days and the quote.  While I would like Grilled Lamb Brochette like I had on the Prinsendam August 6, 9 years ago today, it will be soft Mac & Cheese from Panera plus whatever soft stuff I can come up with.

Today's care list:

Allen and Joy for a SAFE celebration of yesterday's results

A humane extraction for me

fatcat's MIL

Sharon's In-Laws

Mrs. Vmax

Those in the path of wildfires

Passengers and crew of Wilderness Adventurer

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 7

Toe Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Good morning Rich, thank you for the Daily. I really like your quote of the day.

At least with masks on and distancing, you don't have to smell someone's stinky breath!

I think we may order ahead and have sushi tonight. 

Good morning my sisters and fellow Daily-ites. I am so sorry my picture did not post properly. Thanks Jacqui for posting again. That picture was taken on the Viking Sun on a 3 week Panama Canal cruise. I believe that was Cuban night onboard.

Thank you Denise and Ann for your sweet notes and proclamations. Very nice. And thanks to my sweet CC friends for encouraging words. God blesses us every moment and I am truly blessed to have friends on this board!

Praying for all those on our prayer list this morning and Roy hope your tooth pops out easy peasy! Actually creamy mac and cheese sounds pretty good. Oh shoot, did not read about the Wilderness Adventurer having a positive covid case til you posted. That will probably set us back for a 4th time now, darn it.

Everyone have a great day, take care of one another. Wear your mask and hug your toes! Blessings!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

It’s definitely a wiggle the toe day in my Birk’s 😉.  Love the quote of the day and ever so true.

I’ve never had tomato pie and certainly have lots of tomoatoes.  Must look that one up.

Wine sounds good but I think we will have white, tonight.

@rafinmd I hope your extraction is a very humane one and your pain subsides quickly 🤞🙏🏻

It finally cooled enough that I could start to weed in the garden last night (boy does it need it) and I got a very pleasant surprise.

For the first time ever since I planted this 4/5 years ago, it is blooming.  A beautiful blue too.  It’s just coming up but I am so happy that I thought I would share.

32B5D600-CE9E-419C-B058-1CCEC20FB243.thumb.jpeg.f5307d0b1a5b192f8bb02d8400c5027d.jpeg

F4572F04-11EE-4CF0-A374-F29C63C2342F.thumb.jpeg.0459e60ae57f9209e598b624bc293268.jpeg

I guess perseverance does pay off.  

Prayers to everyone on our care list and to those near the wildfires.

• Like 12

Today's sunrise is instead a sunset from the prelude to my 2016 Northwest Passage Cruise.  On August 6,2016 I left Bellingham WA on the Alaska ferry Kennicott and was treated to a very nice sunset. 

dusk0806.jpg

Roy

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily report.  Like the days and the quote.  While I would like Grilled Lamb Brochette like I had on the Prinsendam August 6, 9 years ago today, it will be soft Mac & Cheese from Panera plus whatever soft stuff I can come up with.

Today's care list:

Allen and Joy for a SAFE celebration of yesterday's results

A humane extraction for me

fatcat's MIL

Sharon's In-Laws

Mrs. Vmax

Those in the path of wildfires

Passengers and crew of Wilderness Adventurer

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

Hope all goes well, Roy!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is instead a sunset from the prelude to my 2016 Northwest Passage Cruise.  On August 6,2016 I left Bellingham WA on the Alaska ferry Kennicott and was treated to a very nice sunset. 

dusk0806.jpg

Roy

Gorgeous!

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's where am I comes a place I have visited on both HAL and Crystal but I was on neither when I took this photo.

IMG010.JPG.32997a180168354809cd38bfff7ae22a.JPG

Roy

I know this one - we were here on our 21 day Maasdam Alaska and Pacific Northwest cruise last year! It's the Astoria Column in Astoria, Oregon. Thanks for reminding me of a fantastic cruise!

Laura

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kplady said:

I know this one - we were here on our 21 day Maasdam Alaska and Pacific Northwest cruise last year! It's the Astoria Column in Astoria, Oregon. Thanks for reminding me of a fantastic cruise!

Laura

Well done.  For me I was there on a Crystal Symphony cruise Vancouver to Los Angeles in 2012 and on the Oosterdam from Vancouver to San Diego in 2017.  When I took the photo I was on Lindblad's Sea Bird on a Columbia/Snake river cruise in 2001.

Roy

• Like 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Love wiggling my toes in soft beach sand & would love to celebrate fresh breath day everyday!

Great quote! The wine has a spectacular rating and a price to match - $200+. 😱. Its 2017 vintage took top honors on Wine Spectator’s top 100 wines. 

Gee, I haven’t made tomato pie since I left Maryland. Need to hunt for the recipe & some beautiful tomatoes to put in it.  Thank you for reminding me about this, Rich! Great addition to the meal suggestions. 

Prayers to all on the official & unofficial Care list. Hope recoveries go smoothly, and rain falls where needed.

@kazu, beautiful blue flowers. What is its name?

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh shoot, did not read about the Wilderness Adventurer having a positive covid case til you posted. That will probably set us back for a 4th time now, darn it.

That hit me particularly hard.  I was on the ship (then Blount's Caribbean Prince) in 1996.  I am cautiously optimistic that the Covid will end with the person who caught it before hand.  When I sailed her she carried almost 100 passengers and the dining room was set to hold everyone at one sitting.  With just 37 on board there should have been ample space to spread out for meals.  I'm a bit surprised at the size of the crew (we had only 16 and there were about 30 on board but we had about 6 cabins that are now crew area and there should have been enough space for some of the crew to expand into passenger areas.

Roy

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

kazu, beautiful blue flowers. What is its name?

It’s a hydrangea variety.  It’s been so long since I planted it that the marker is long gone with the genus’ name.  LOL.  I think it’s macrophylla zorro when I research but not 100% sure

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

It’s a hydrangea variety.  It’s been so long since I planted it that the marker is long gone with the genus’ name.  LOL.  I think it’s macrophylla zorro when I research but not 100% sure

Thank you, Jacqui. The petal shape looked familiar, but not the blossom itself. What a gorgeous blue - congratulations!

• Like 4

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Who among us wouldn't love to be able to wiggle our toes in the powder-like sand of Half Moon Cay while brushing our teeth today?  Speaking of teeth, Roy, I hope your extraction goes smoothly, with no need for a follow-up visit.  Hubby has to head to the denturist, as he broke off a tooth from his partial plate.  I guess the money I saved on my sewing machine will go to his repair. . .

We're having a friend over for dinner tonight - we haven't been together since early January - and I've just decided to add tomato pie to the menu.  We're grilling pork chops with a coffee/apricot barbecue sauce, dilled potatoes, a Tex-Mex salad, and now the tomato pie as well.  Dessert will be chocolate cake with a bit of whipped cream and fresh raspberries.  And wine.   Thank goodness we have a barbecue and a good sized toaster oven on the patio and deck, so we don't have to heat up the house.

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is National Fresh Breath Day and Wiggle Your Toes Day

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

Meal suggestion for today - Rustic Tomato Pie

Wine of the day - Duckhorn Merlot Napa Valley Three Palms Vineyard vintage 2014

At Sea Indian
Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/18
Westerdam destination Mombasa, Kenya eta 8/12

At Sea Mediterranean
Amsterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/10
Rotterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/6
Veendam destination Piraeus eta 8/7

At Sea Pacific
Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13
Ship is currently off Baja California

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Jakarta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Maasdam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Singapore Area
Noordam

0806Indian.png

0806Med.png

Rich:  Thank you for the report and the maps.  Lots of ships on the move.  Rotterdam should reach Gibraltar today/