The Daily for Thursday Aug 6, 2020

richwmn

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich for the Daily News.  It is interesting to see the ships on the move.  

Roy, I am thinking so much about the people of Beirut after that terrible explosion, perhaps we could add them to the care list for a bit.  Hope the tooth extraction goes well. 

One of our neighbours (in our exercise group) is going today for a covid test.  He had to call off golf today with my DH.  Then he has to self-isolate for 10 days.  I'm not terribly concerned, as we have only had one case on the island in some weeks, but...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich for the Daily News.  It is interesting to see the ships on the move.  

Roy, I am thinking so much about the people of Beirut after that terrible explosion, perhaps we could add them to the care list for a bit.  Hope the tooth extraction goes well. 

One of our neighbours (in our exercise group) is going today for a covid test.  He had to call off golf today with my DH.  Then he has to self-isolate for 10 days.  I'm not terribly concerned, as we have only had one case on the island in some weeks, but...

What a lovely idea - to add the people of Beirut.  Hope your neighbor’s test results are negative.

• Like 3

Thanks for the post, Rich. And the suggestions. The quote is a beautiful one, isn't it? I had to look up potato pie because I'd never heard of it.

Prayers for those on the Care list, Roy for a smooth extraction, and everyone else for a peaceful, safe day. The pictures of the sunset and flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Take care everyone. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind.

• Like 1

Well, it's done.  Finding the oral surgeon's place (whoever numbered that street should be shot) was probably harder than the procedure itself.   In the office at 11:45 and out at 12:30.  Right now I still don't feel anything except the anesthetic.  Off to the pharmacy now for the prescriptions he gave me.

Roy

• Like 10

Thanks Rich!  Love the quote!  Sure I would love the wine too, but  would need to be a very special occasion, lol. 

Hope you feel better soon Roy! Glad it’s over!  

Jaqui, love the hydrangea, you’ve given me hope we could grow a blue one, love the beautiful colour and the laciness! 

Hopefully today will be our last sweltering one.   

8A1DA318-78C1-4571-9925-6D4CFA4BBAEE.jpeg

• Like 6

Good afternoon.  Thanks Rich for keeping track of the ships for us.  When I come out from being inside a place where I have to wear a mask, I can't wait to be able to breathe some fresh air.  The menu selection sounds interesting, not for today but definitely on my list to make.  I just googled recipes and found one with a cheesy pie crust.  Roy I will be thinking of you getting your tooth pulled today (something that I will have to have done in the near future).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Well, it's done.  Finding the oral surgeon's place (whoever numbered that street should be shot) was probably harder than the procedure itself.   In the office at 11:45 and out at 12:30.  Right now I still don't feel anything except the anesthetic.  Off to the pharmacy now for the prescriptions he gave me.

Roy

Glad everything went well, Roy!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's where am I comes a place I have visited on both HAL and Crystal but I was on neither when I took this photo.

IMG010.JPG.32997a180168354809cd38bfff7ae22a.JPG

Roy

A great place to visit.  Have climbed the inside many a time in all kinds of weather.  Glad you had a clear day when you visited it.

Thank you for the daily report. l like to wiggle my toes.  

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Sun finally came out after a nice rain this morning.  May be a bit humid here on the Oregon coast today but the rain was worth it.  

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 5

Thanks, Rich for the nice quote.  I always love a Duckhorn wine, and I'm sure your suggestion is a special one.  With all our hot weather in NC, our blue hydrangeas are long gone, and we are now into the season for our limelight ones that grow really large with lots of flowers that range in color from creamy white to a pale lime.  Once those start, along with the crepe myrtles, we know it is summertime.

Be safe and kind, everyone.

• Like 4

Thanks for the update Rich!

We've been enjoying this mornings rain showers and cooler weather. I have the rest of the week off and will be spending it hanging out with the dogs. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, good news. Hoping you have an easy next 10 days. I was knocked out for my extraction.  I am a dental wimp. Love you muchly brother.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Glad it is over.  Hope the prescriptions help and the pain subsides quickly.  A pulled tooth is never fun - at least not in my experience 😞 

I admire your bravery and fortitude.  I told the dentist years ago to put  a C by my name (for Chicken) but I’m good when I’m there 😉 

Take care, Roy and take the meds.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Oh dear.  Hopefully all is ok.  It’s a worry always.  Best wishes for your neighbour and hopefully the test is negative.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

The beginning of the end for Rotterdam?😢

Cruisemapper is pretty confused.  They show the owner of the Rotterdam as Fred Olson Cruise Lines but MS Borealis as a FORMER name.  I wonder when the actual handover will be.

Roy

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Cruisemapper is pretty confused.  They show the owner of the Rotterdam as Fred Olson Cruise Lines but MS Borealis as a FORMER name.  I wonder when the actual handover will be.

Roy

Amsterdam is showing the same way, maybe they just don't have a place for new owner/name and used the fields for former owner and name??

Just now, richwmn said:

Amsterdam is showing the same way, maybe they just don't have a place for new owner/name and used the fields for former owner and name??

I checked the Maasdam and Veendam on Cruisemapper looking for a clue about the identity of the buyer.  The fact of the sale is listed but nothing about the buyer.

Roy

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

In case anyone is not following the Amsterdam thread, here is the last post by the Captain before retiring:  

http://captainjonathan.com/the-last-post/

I received an E-mail notice earlier today on Captain Mercer’s last blog. What a emotional conclusion to a wonderful maritime career.

Thanks for sharing but suggest you post link on new individual post for wider dissemination with Cruise Critic members.

It’s a special posting deserving it’s own post.

Thanks for all your CC contributions.

Bruce

11 hours ago, kazu said:

It’s a hydrangea variety.  It’s been so long since I planted it that the marker is long gone with the genus’ name.  LOL.  I think it’s macrophylla zorro when I research but not 100% sure

We call it a Lace Cap Blue. We had them when I lived in Tennessee. They don't do well in the Florida heat. Yours is really quite beautiful. They are a wonderful landscape plant. Enjoy !!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's where am I comes a place I have visited on both HAL and Crystal but I was on neither when I took this photo.

IMG010.JPG.32997a180168354809cd38bfff7ae22a.JPG

Roy

That is the Astoria Column in Astoria, Oregon.

Oops, guess I was late to the party. I read the Daily in the afternoon...🙃

Edited by PSR
  • Like 3

I hope this finds everyone well tonight and that Roy's mouth isn't causing too much pain.   More memories from Alaska.  What is an Alaskan cruise without some whale tails?  This is near Sitka, September 2015.   We took nephew Matt with us and decided we were going to blow him away.  He decided his two old aunts were kind of fun to be with.  

DSC01923.JPG

DSC01924.JPG

• Like 4