Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

1 hour ago, franncos said:

Not happening.

Royal is trying to be upbeat of course.  Reading the article, the call addressed Europe, where there are already successful restarts.  

Further, a restart from Singapore is already announced with committed dates.   

A resumption of cruising from US ports may be more difficult, if that's what you meant.  

Navigator of the Seas has just been booked for summer of 2023 at Monterey, California on 7 and 14 night intervals on Tuesdays. This appears to be in addition to the discussed possible 2021 Mexican sailings that are being considered. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23684-royal-caribbean-evaluating-west-coast-cruise-program.html

June 6, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
June 13, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
June 20, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
June 27, Tuesday 7:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
July 11, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
July 18, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.  Navigator of the Seas
July 25, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
August 1, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
August 15, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Navigator of the Seas
August 22, Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.  Navigator of the Seas
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Navigator of the Seas has just been booked for summer of 2023 at Monterey, California on 7 and 14 night intervals on Tuesdays. This appears to be in addition to the discussed possible 2021 Mexican sailings that are being considered. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23684-royal-caribbean-evaluating-west-coast-cruise-program.html

I was on the webinar where this was discussed and it seemed to me like it was summer of 2022 not 2021 that it would be for. Announcement to coincide with 2022 itinerary release

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was on the webinar where this was discussed and it seemed to me like it was summer of 2022 not 2021 that it would be for. Announcement to coincide with 2022 itinerary release

Well, 2023 has actual bookings now. Interesting they chose to move Navigator, at least as the place holder. 

We scheduled a 10day cruise on the Quantum to NZ for 03/22/22. I was online with my agent about a different matter and saw our cruise no longer listed. The 3 day before ours and the 10 day after still booked. RCCL told my agent that it's not a redeployment, but it's been pulled for "Inventory Maintenance". Any idea what this means and how long till a decision is made. Might be a ways away, but they have my deposit and I'll have to scramble for another cruise to fit into where this one was.

Mahalo

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Does navigator have the ability to hook up to shore power?

If not it’s probably a place holder.

Great question.  The issue of shore power has been on the radar for several years.  I wonder if they had the forethought to include it in the AMP.  

8 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We scheduled a 10day cruise on the Quantum to NZ for 03/22/22. I was online with my agent about a different matter and saw our cruise no longer listed. The 3 day before ours and the 10 day after still booked. RCCL told my agent that it's not a redeployment, but it's been pulled for "Inventory Maintenance". Any idea what this means and how long till a decision is made. Might be a ways away, but they have my deposit and I'll have to scramble for another cruise to fit into where this one was.

Mahalo

Inventory maintenance is their code word for any number of different situations. It could actually be for redeployment, itinerary change, ship charter or actual Inventory maintenance.  It could sit like this for a day or weeks.its still listed on the TA website but all categories are closed. 

34 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Mahalo

Brisbane port has bookings for Quantum in place of radiance for that Australian season ???.

Theres speculation it may be doing radiance’s itinerary to the islands..

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

Great question.  The issue of shore power has been on the radar for several years.  I wonder if they had the forethought to include it in the AMP.  

My thoughts are .Wonder won’t be going to China.

It seems China is increasingly holding foreign nationals for no reason but hostages.

No responsible company would send a ship full of its employees there.

And that will give a couple extra ships in the pacific.

Thats my thoughts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

My thoughts are .Wonder won’t be going to China.

It seems China is increasingly holding foreign nationals for no reason but hostages.

No responsible company would send a ship full of its employees there.

And that will give a couple extra ships in the pacific.

Thats my thoughts.

Do you think that Quantum will be doing the West Coast cruises?

32 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Brisbane port has bookings for Quantum in place of radiance for that Australian season ???.

Theres speculation it may be doing radiance’s itinerary to the islands..

That Brisbane schedule is all over the place. It has Ovation in June 2022 when it's in Alaska, so I am not sure how accurate it is.

39 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Do you think that Quantum will be doing the West Coast cruises?

If things keep escalating which seems to be the case there’s a couple of available ships.

Does the USA have a travel advisory for China?
Australia has one that says you can subject to mandatory detention 

If we really want to get rumours going,California would be ideal for a certain Oasis class in their season and back to Brisbane.

But we can only California dream.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If things keep escalating which seems to be the case there’s a couple of available ships.

Does the USA have a travel advisory for China?
Australia has one that says you can subject to mandatory detention 

If we really want to get rumours going,California would be ideal for a certain Oasis class in their season and back to Brisbane.

But we can only dream.

There really does need to be an Oasis class that stays in the Pacific. If not no.5 maybe no.6.

Most Quantum class are well suited to California as cooler weather ships.  Other lines run warm weather ships there and a cold weather ship could really set them apart.  I remember shivering my rear off talking with a crew member also shivering his tail off manning an empty kids water slide because Fun times had it open at that time.  Once the sun goes down that cold Pacific takes over.

We'll see.   

7 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Good find.  Thx for posting.   Hope this comes to fruition.  

Given the dates, these obviously aren’t paired with an Alaska deployment.  
 The Quantum class ships would be in Alaska, so I’d say a Voyager class ship is more likely for this Pacific coast deployment.  I guess the ship would spend the northern winter in Mexico, Australia or go through the Panama.  Which is most likely?