The Daily for Monday Aug 17, 2020

richwmn

Good morning and welcome to the newbies!  Thanks Rich for letting us know a bit more about you and of course a huge thank you for keeping us all connected.  This thread has got to be the happiest place on CC these days.  DH and I had our usual daily discussion “what's for dinner?”  Today it has to be something with tomatoes (and not another pie).  It is probably going to be a salad with a lot of tomatoes in it.  I have actually lived the saying - it's usually our kids who are involved.  We have learned to DIO!  Overhead Fred, we were on. a late fall cruise to Barbados on the K.  We took our DD and DG with us and just last night we were reminiscing.  In the past we have vacationed on the island and know it well.  We love Bathsheba, so that was our destination.  My best to those under the weather for a speedy recovery and to those we are celebrating.   Editing as I forgot about black cat day.  We lost our Ziggy 4 years ago and decided that she would be the last of our pets.  DD has a black cat that we can visit, a great name for her - Vader.

3A4BDAE8-6F43-4DE5-B05D-73F2920A4097.jpeg

043E0123-4377-4C2D-A194-E0DDED3CA436.jpeg

F4ADDC84-3AA6-4BFA-A6AF-C82070CFDA36.jpeg

95C9ABA1-4718-48E6-A9C5-5652AB6EFC9C.jpeg

961FB12F-7BD3-4585-9A3C-199AC9B3D0E1.jpeg

9E60D800-6834-421A-9E6B-BC13B01171D7.jpeg

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 7

Thank you for the Daily Rich.  Thank you also for telling us all more about yourself!

We have several large thrift shops in Tucson and I need to get busy going through things to gather up some donations.  I love cats of all kinds but never had a black cat.  Steak fajitas sound really good but I need to use up some frozen food first as I'm getting a new delivery of meat this week.

I'm early today, wow.  I'm not a morning person and since I've retired I like to sleep in, but today I woke up early, not sure why.  It's so hot here that my herbs are all fried up no matter how much I water them.  And my chilies are no better.  Only thing that has been nice is having the pool to cool off in and the water temp is so nice.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 6

Good morning everyone!  And thank you, Rich, for The Daily news.  

I went to a stamp show and sale yesterday.  In a new location, nice big room and everyone far apart.  I wore my mask and a face shield to begin with, but after a while it steamed up so much I couldn't see the stamps!  So I took it off.  It was not crowded, and everyone had to sign in with phone no. and email address, "just in case".  It was so nice to see some of my p hilatelic friends, but as most are even older than I am, and have health problems, many were missing.  I spent a lot of money.  Now that DD seems to be permanently settled in Newfoundland, I figured it would be a good idea to collect Newfoundland stamps for her.  Turns out they are expensive stamps!  Oh, well, it's only money.  There goes the next cruise...

Just got an email from our PCC - we're booked on the new Rotterdam inaugural to Amsterdam!  Yay!

• Like 9

In looking through my photos for sunrises I found another one taken on August 17.  The reason for the trip was a voyage on the Alaska ferry to Dutch Harbor but before boarding I had booked a Grey Line Denali tour.  On August 17, 2007 I was at my Fairbanks hotel before boarding the McKinley Explorer to Denali.

IMG_0197.thumb.JPG.df5c70a11ce7777a75498e400a3184d8.JPG

Roy

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Update on neighbor.  Kidneys and heart are fine. Blood pressure is also fine.  She is on a respirator though, breathing is hard right now.  Day 40 in the hospital.  Family is remaining positive.

How awful for her, and her family.  I'll be praying she gets better.  I guess at least a respirator is not a ventilator?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

How awful for her, and her family.  I'll be praying she gets better.  I guess at least a respirator is not a ventilator?

I was wrong.  It is a ventilator.  and her family thanks all of you for your prayers.  The power of prayer is powerful!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Update on neighbor.  Kidneys and heart are fine. Blood pressure is also fine.  She is on a respirator though, breathing is hard right now.  Day 40 in the hospital.  Family is remaining positive.

Thank you for the update.  So happy to hear some good now, though I hope the breathing becomes easier.  Forty days is a very long time to be in the hospital.  

• Like 3

Good morning all!

Thank you Rich for the Daily update 😊

I started to check in yesterday and then my daughter dropped by. She and her significant other are house hunting and she wanted to show me some of the prospects. House here are so expensive that I’m not sure how our young people can afford to buy anything. It’s a blessing right now that the rates are so low. They are both almost 24 with good and stable jobs but the houses at the entry level end start at $325,000. With low rates that would put their payments at what they pay for rent so it will balance out. And thankfully they don’t have student loan debt. That’s been paid. But wow! Such incredibly expensive housing. 

We are grateful that it is cooling down a bit today. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 7

A brief entertainment diversion if anyone is interested. 
Sight and Sound theatre in Lancaster Pa , which is a live performance Christian venue , is offering a Free  live  stream this weekend of their production of JONAH. 
You can download their app for free., TBN.

It airs live 8/21 at 8pm eastern.and can be seen they the 23rd.

Its great for families.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Thank you for sharing the update. 

• Like 3

Thanks, Rich. I did some thrift shop shopping on Saturday . Picked up some jeans for the granddaughter who visits her dad every other weekend. Our Pheobe (yes, that’s how it is spelled) was my oldest daughter’s for 5 years and came to live with us when the girl moved to Cairo to teach, she’s been with us since (10 years) with one year spent with my youngest when she lived alone at university. She’s a sweet and patient thing. I’d like the meal suggestion, for sure. The quote is a good one.

Prayers for those on the Care list, and celebrating all those wonderful things! 

A huge welcome to all the new friends. 

It’s a quiet day today. A perfect summer day in my opinion. Warm, cool nights, windows and doors open, air conditioner off.

@bennybear dragonflies hold a special place in our hearts. I told a story to the kids at my sister’s funeral 19 years ago, and now when we see them we know that she, my mom and dad are close by. Today would have been my mom’s 86th birthday. Thanks for putting a smile in my heart. 

@1ANGELCAT that’s one of two Sight and Sound plays I’ve seen. I’ve always wanted to see Noah. My mom said it was phenomenal. 

Have a blessed day. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. 

2DFA50CB-005A-407A-9589-04AB9D5111E2.jpeg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Just got an email from our PCC - we're booked on the new Rotterdam inaugural to Amsterdam!  Yay!

YAY Ann 🙂. Happy for you.  Have fun planning 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good news on her heart and kidneys but sorry to hear she is on a respirator.  This virus is a scary thing indeed.  40 days is a long time.  Prayers for her continue ❤️ 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Our Pheobe (yes, that’s how it is spelled) was my oldest daughter’s for 5 years and came to live with us when the girl moved to Cairo to teach, she’s been with us since (10 years) with one year spent with my youngest when she lived alone at

2DFA50CB-005A-407A-9589-04AB9D5111E2.jpeg

Is this Pheobe?

Edited by cat shepard

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Glad to hear you will be joining. Looking forward to meeting you!

• Like 4