The Daily for Tuesday Aug 18, 2020

richwmn

Good morning, all, and thanks once again, Rich ,for the Daily news, and Roy for the care list.

Happy Anniversary, @TiogaCruiser!

Out of season, but here are a few daffy-down-dillies:

At the Keukenhof (it was May, so there weren't many left)

P1000800.thumb.jpeg.9ea4cf91113bc03a68bbcc367eb51d8d.jpeg

And Butchart's, very fancy ones:

IMG_9889.thumb.jpeg.fc720a3b9c568e54d0e06e63c979590c.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Bad poetry is best when it is words to a song, the music/tune can make it palatable. The only ones to seem to like that poetry are the creators/reciters. 😄

I love the pictures and the well-wishes, thanks all.

And especially thanks to Rich for his diligence in posting this every day. 

• Like 7

Thanks, Rich for the wonderful Daily.  What a welcoming spot to visit each day.

@kazu I love your great garden party photos!  I would sit in that shady area because I have had melanoma skin cancer, so I don't enjoy full sunshine anymore.  A glass of wine, a comfy chair and total shade sounds heavenly.

@TiogaCruiser Happy anniversary to you and your spouse!   

@DeeniEncinitas Welcome home!

Thanks for everyone's beautiful photos, too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Happy Tuesday! I love cheesy poetry. LOL Daffodils are a favourite, and I always buy some in March/April. While the meal sounds enticing, I took chicken out last night, so the hot dogs will need to wait a bit.

Happy Anniversary to @TiogaCruiser So much to celebrate!

Another perfect day here in southwestern Ontario. Take care! Blessings to all! Be well. Stay safe. Be kind.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

kazu, you patio is beyond beautiful. For some reason I look at it and the hymn Peace in the Valley popped into my head. 

bennybear, that is a magnificent sunrise and the greenery is good to look at.

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

kazu, you patio is beyond beautiful. For some reason I look at it and the hymn Peace in the Valley popped into my head. 

bennybear, that is a magnificent sunrise and the greenery is good to look at.

I should probably clarify it’s last nights sunset,  I am not a morning person, lol! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

For @rafinmd and anyone else who is a Newfoundland fan and a “Come from away fan”. Or anyone missing their cruise visit to Newfoundland.....

When they say “islander” it is the true Newfoundlander accent 😉 

Here is an intro that the Toronto Star invited the newest production to do.  It’s quite good.  Enjoy 🙂

Just scroll down a bit and play it.  https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2020/08/12/after-come-from-aways-cast-and-crew-left-the-stage-new-roles-in-a-pandemic.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the very warm welcome to this wonderful and uplifting thread.

This morning I watched another Spacex Rocket blast off from the Space Center. I can watch from my balcony.  I have seen many many launches over the years and it never gets old.  The technology amazes me !

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, kazu said:

For @rafinmd and anyone else who is a Newfoundland fan and a “Come from away fan”. Or anyone missing their cruise visit to Newfoundland.....

Here is an intro that the Toronto Star invited the newest production to do.  It’s quite good.  Enjoy 🙂

Just scroll down a bit and play it.  https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2020/08/12/after-come-from-aways-cast-and-crew-left-the-stage-new-roles-in-a-pandemic.html

Each Tuesday I get an email from the Toronto theater "Check In From Away" with a video and other information.  I suspect they sent an advance copy to the Star yesterday although when I looked at it I missed that video.  This is one of only 2 places where I've seen the sanitized version where Oz stops speeders and writes STHD on the warning instead of STFD (Slow the HELL down instead of Slow the F*** down)  They have one dialect coach for all 5 of the productions who spends a lot of time with each cast initially and constantly reviews tapes of show to make fine corrections.

Can't wait for next week's episode, Come From Away Bloopers.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

When you hear them say that the school buses were on strike - it’s true.

All Gander has is a few cabs.  The needed the school buses to get the people off the planes.  It took just one phone call and all the buses went to work to help.  No one worried about a strike - they were there to help. Maritimers are survivors and care about others.  Gander showed that beyond belief.

• Like 7

Good afternoon, I am a tad late to the post today as DH and I had an outing this morning.  Other then going for groceries or to the bank we have stayed home.  It was nice to beyond 20kms.  Thanks again to Rich for keeping us happy.  I will pass on the meal suggestion, the quote is interesting and I wish the daffodil day was in the spring.  To those celebrating, congrats and to those recuperating, get well wishes.  Here are a few more pictures from KG - spring 2017.  

21E614C0-EC00-4734-8236-7769D41A8647.jpeg

3F130E31-1DC9-4769-BF81-49A2FA3FC8AD.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, kazu said:

The one thing I enjoyed about summer was having our friends over for summer parties.  Now, of course, with covid and physical distancing we can’t have big groups.  I”m suffering from summer party withdrawal so here’s a few pics from last year:

You can see the tables agains the wall.  There are two big ones.  One for food and the other for all the glasses, plates, white sangria, etc.  The bar is set up under the pergola.

Lovely, lovely!  Love your summer party setup!  I would love to come of your summer parties Jacqui, your yard and gardens and flowers make the perfect setting.

• Like 7

Thank you for the daily Rich.  I've never been a poet or even enjoyed reading it so I guess I'm considered a bad poet.  I love daffodils and can't wait until Trader Joe's have daffodils in the spring.  The season is so short!  I love a good hotdog, not sure I'd like mango pineapple on it but I've had some good mango pineapple salsa with chips before.

We are settling in to the work/school routine here.  DH is at work in one bedroom and DGD is in the other on Zoom all day for school with only two breaks a day.  I run almost all the errands and do the cooking and dishes but it's so hot hot hot that I'm exhausted by 1:00pm and ready for my afternoon nap.  I do enjoy a good nap.  Wish I was on a HAL ship napping right now, nothing better, and then waking up and going to happy hour!  We could celebrate with a little bubbly, experts would say making the cork pop loudly and fly is bad and that you should just twist the cork until it lightly makes a sound.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 5

Thank you all for the warm welcome!   Staying close to home today,  thankful that we managed to avoid a rolling blackout yesterday, hope to avoid again tonight.  Hot dogs for sure for supper!  

• Like 2

@TiogaCruiser, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH; this is quite a week for you!  May you enjoy many more healthy, happy years together!

@VictOriann, in the top photo, the air must have been thick with the scent of hyacinths - whenever we have one in the house, you can smell it everywhere.  It's almost intoxicating!

@kazu - I'm SO envious of your yard and garden; ours looks like extreme minimalism compared to your gorgeous flowers and plants.  I'll bet your guests were as disappointed as you that they weren't able to come for the festivities.  Hopefully next year!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, gigianne said:

Good afternoon, I am a tad late to the post today as DH and I had an outing this morning.  Other then going for groceries or to the bank we have stayed home.  It was nice to beyond 20kms.  Thanks again to Rich for keeping us happy.  I will pass on the meal suggestion, the quote is interesting and I wish the daffodil day was in the spring.  To those celebrating, congrats and to those recuperating, get well wishes.  Here are a few more pictures from KG - spring 2017.  

21E614C0-EC00-4734-8236-7769D41A8647.jpeg

3F130E31-1DC9-4769-BF81-49A2FA3FC8AD.jpeg

Gorgeous Georgina 😄❤️ 

• Like 2