Mask or No Mask

lyannea

12 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Several months ago, I made a comment on Cruise Critic that I wouldn’t go on a cruise if masks were required. Back then, I wasn’t wearing a mask at all and would avoid establishments that required one. Now that masks are required in my county and I’ve actually been wearing one each day, it’s not as bothersome anymore.

Crazy as it sounds, I now think I wouldn’t mind having to wear a mask on a cruise and it wouldn’t be a deterrent.

I totally agree with wearing a mask on my cruise. It doesn't hurt anyone to wear one. It keeps you and others safer than not wearing one at all.

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

I wear a mask every day to work. I am school teacher.  that being said, I am hoping by winter 2021the masks are being phased out. 

It’s funny how our residents in the United States complain so much about masks and only want the trend to disappear as quickly as possible (myself included). Many here even refuse to comply with local laws requiring one.

It’s quite the opposite in other cultures where they happily wear one and have been wearing them long before Covid.

• Like 1

For me if it not safe to go without a mask- it is not safe to cruise although if mask would be limited boarding, standing in lines for food service and other things, I might considered going but if they said mask had to be worn everywhere then no I will not go,  With that said, I know the science is all over the place when it comes to mask. I have been wearing a mask since mid-March and have learned to adjust to them. 

I wear one every day. I am just hopeful that by the time we cruise- end of December next year- the use of masks will be minimal. 

all I want is for people to be safe and healthy and get back to cruising.  I miss my blue iguana breakfast burrito.

be well all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Several months ago, I made a comment on Cruise Critic that I wouldn’t go on a cruise if masks were required. Back then, I wasn’t wearing a mask at all and would avoid establishments that required one. Now that masks are required in my county and I’ve actually been wearing one each day, it’s not as bothersome anymore.

Crazy as it sounds, I now think I wouldn’t mind having to wear a mask on a cruise and it wouldn’t be a deterrent.

Not me.  A required mask = no cruise.

• Like 7

Face coverings will almost surely be required for my next cruise, and likely next Carnival cruise.  I will wear one when necessary, but there will be no photo or video proof that I ever wore one.  :)

Lot's of time spent on a lounger, in the dining room, relaxation area or bar.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

The worst part about wearing a mask is not seeing peoples smiles and facial expressions. imo

How will you be able to tell who really is having fun without seeing smiles? With masks on they all look  miserable...😷

I call it the "zombie look".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChC said:

In grand scheme of things, the survival of your favourite cruise line, and the prompt back to operation is the most important theme.

No. The survival of a company or even an industry is not more important than my freedom of choice. I will not cruise if masks are required. My wife cannot wear a mask. She has panic attacks if anything gets too close to her face for any period of time. If masks are required to cruise, our vacation dollars will be spent doing something else.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

There are alternate options available if you have a concern with flying.

When did my post show anything other than my opinion that a mask wouldn’t bother me — even after Covid is no longer an issue?

Sorry X.  I got confused with the post above yours about the scientific experiment of having one cruise with masks and one without.  I made a mistake.  

I'm not booking any cruises until I know what the rules are going to be. I would wear one getting on the ship and off in the terminal, but not every day on the ship, going outside, etc. I also would NEVER book a cruise where it meant having to only take a ship sponsored excursion. I am smart enough to know where I'm going and leave plenty of time to get back to the ship so missing it is never an issue for me. Sometimes I like to wander around the shops at the port and head back, others I visit certain private establishments that are more enjoyable IMHO than where they send the masses. 

I hold nothing against those that are willing to do those things, however, it's my money and I'll gladly find something else to spend it on. I flew to Cozumel in July and yes I had to wear one on the plane, but that was only a couple hours and when I ate or drank, off it came. We made sure the resort we were staying at didn't require them ahead of time. When we went downtown to the few stores that were open, you had to wear them on the street and we didn't stay long because to say it was suffocating in the heat and humidity is putting it mildly. I felt so bad for the resort workers that had to wear them all the time. I don't know how they do it. 

So no cruises for me or my family if face coverings are required. I wouldn't enjoy myself if that was the case and I will gladly relinquish my spot to those who it doesn't bother. 

• Like 13

If they said I could cruise tomorrow, and all I had to do was wear a mask, sign me up!... I have to wear one at work a lot of the time. I absolutely HATE IT, but to cruise again, I would do it... Here in Atlanta, you can't really go inside any store without one. I bring it with me, put it on and do my business, then take it off the second I get outside... 

• Like 2

No mask, no way.   I wear one when in public, but no way on vacay. I wear glass and cannot imagine wearing one in a tropical climate.  The mask irritates my skin and fogs up my glasses. 

Edited by joeyancho
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, lyannea said:

Though these were videos, I did a screenshot of this week’s cruise in the Mediterranean 

84B2DEA7-7FD8-4515-942A-60AA6DC4E4A3.jpeg

Sure is reassuring that someone realizes the importance of keeping your chin well protected.  LOL 😄

Edited by Tinknock50
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I work at the biggest high school in the state.  We want to stay open and wear our masks all day every day.  I hated it at first, but I don't even notice it now.  Truly not a big deal.  I've had COVID and still wear a mask.  Fingers crossed we can cruise in February!

• Like 2

The CDC says that close contact with an infected person longer than 15 minutes may lead to a passing of the germs with or without masks on. They  further note that because the public does not know how to properly use PPE, the CDC is not certain that the PPE will protect them.  Given so many questions about mask working and the close proximity people will be in on a ship (even with distancing),  can one feel safe getting on a ship?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cdc-guidelines-say-wearing-a-mask-during-prolonged-exposure-to-coronavirus-wont-prevent-possible-infection?fbclid=IwAR0Jm6S0XPOSc7Xc8HhT2y7epwBZbRTjcxVrzSzTkTHyBP7Q_39jadpo69Q

Edited by Lazz
  • Like 1