Starting cruising again question

brenderlou

Just now, jean87510 said:

Could be a different flu season with social distancing and masks plus I am guessing more people will get the vaccine. Only guessing. I know flu vaccine doesn't cover all strains.  Speaking as a school nurse, schools do not close for the flu unless there is an overwhelming portion of the school affected. We rely on parents to keep their kids home if sick and staff as well. Doesn't always happen but we try.

I’m thinking more along the lines that flu combined with Covid still around could very well present a whole new series of problems/issues.

Is it the flu, is it Covid ???

8 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

I’m thinking more along the lines that flu combined with Covid still around could very well present a whole new series of problems/issues.

Is it the flu, is it Covid ???

You nailed it. Its going to be a stressful year at least on my end. Luckily at least in my section of the US, there is a plan in place that will work in my school.  Regarding other situations, best way to be sure is to get tested for both.  Continue to wear a mask outside when in public. Practice social distancing.

Edited by jean87510
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, Saint Greg said:

I'm not familiar with Mahahual, does it go by another name on Carnival's itineraries? Thx for posting!

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm not familiar with Mahahual, does it go by another name on Carnival's itineraries? Thx for posting!

Costa Maya. It's on some of the 5-day cruises instead of Progreso.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Wow, so exciting!

@Cruiseboy06 check out this recent development! 

On 9/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, beerman2 said:

And NCL had greyed out all November cruises, will it be 2021 now????

hmmm thanks for info.....

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Apparently one ship now has at least 2 rounds of crew that are back on board. Saw this on social media... crew back on board is a good sign for restart, right? 

B554BE0D-6352-41A2-8199-64A173F7E9DE.jpeg

maybe they are switching crew..........  No the CDC has not approved anything............  Public comments ends on Sept 21st........   Do your math, the CDC members have to read through the comments, get feedback and etc before allowing cruises  to resume........

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/cdc-posts-public-comments-on-cruise-ship-restart.html

image.thumb.png.1a069b7a5e9b2bf5438263a904d78190.png

13 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

hmmm thanks for info.....

maybe they are switching crew..........  No the CDC has not approved anything............  Public comments ends on Sept 21st........   Do your math, the CDC members have to read through the comments, get feedback and etc before allowing cruises  to resume........

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/cdc-posts-public-comments-on-cruise-ship-restart.html

image.thumb.png.1a069b7a5e9b2bf5438263a904d78190.png

Nine days is enough to read through survey data. It’ll actually be artificial using keywords but whatever. CDC hasn’t extended anything.

25 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

The CDc has not lift the sail order!!!!!!!!  maybe they are switching crew..........  I have a feeling November cruises will be canceled

378 covid in deaths so far today in Florida and not all counties have reported.

Goodbye November  cruising.

10 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

378 covid in deaths so far today in Florida and not all counties have reported.

Goodbye November  cruising.

Reporting is usually summarized at around 11am every morning.  Today's reporting was 219 newly reported deaths (reported in the last 24 hrs, deaths may have occurred days or weeks ago), according to my usual sources.  Where you seeing 378 for today?

Not being picky, I just want to expand my data sources if there are alternatives out there.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Reporting is usually summarized at around 11am every morning.  Today's reporting was 219 newly reported deaths (reported in the last 24 hrs, deaths may have occurred days or weeks ago), according to my usual sources.  Where you seeing 378 for today?

Not being picky, I just want to expand my data sources if there are alternatives out there.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

219 = resident deaths

378 = resident plus non resident