The Daily for Sunday Sep 13, 2020

richwmn

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

I loved my Opa and Oma - these are my grandparents on my mom's side on the Dam Square in front of the Royal Palace in Amsterdam a couple of years ago 😉 Enjoy your Sunday! 

John 1958.jpg

Cute picture John.  Are you the little grand child with them?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Himself said:

Egg based medicine do not like me.  The one time I got a flu  shot I got the flu!

I used to never take a flu shot until I started working on the ship where the entire crew gets one unless you refuse. Have a great Sunday (the remainder of it) Father!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I've been late getting my flu shot because the CDC says it lasts about 6 months and the flu season goes into March.  It's just about time now so I hope I don't run into a shortage.

Roy

Roy please go get the 65+ flu shot. Our doctor said we can always get a "booster" later, and it may be better than the 1st one as they will know the strains later on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Himself said:

Greetings Dalyites.

Rich.  Thanks for the Fleet report.  It is indeed nice to see the Signature Sisters in the Southern Carribean Sea.  It is a sign of hope.

I hopr all you posters have a great Sunday.

Hope all is well. Good to see you.

• Like 2

Good afternoon all and thanks for the update.

We had 25 at our outdoor church service this cool morning. ( plus 1 dog, belongs to our host) We hope to hold 1 more outdoor church service in 2 weeks and then plan to return inside starting in October. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Hoping the smoky skies clear soon.

• Like 5

Happy Sunday-and all those special days as well! We started the day with heavy rains, but it cleared up by mid-morning. Thanks for the celebration note, Roy! Our first indoor service today went very well with lots of positive comments afterwards. I hope that your computer issues are soon resolved. Love the quote!

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

....She knows how important grandparents are in the lives of children, and I love her for that.

My oldest grandson has always lived with his single-parent mom. Despite she and my son never living together, she included our entire family from the get-go. In fact, the day he was born, we were on the Zuiderdam in Alaska. My mom and my sister visited them in the hospital the next day, and none of us had ever met her before that. What a gem-she had had a C-section and just opened her arms and her heart to our entire family, despite being a shy introvert. She's always said "every child needs as many people to love them as they can get". We consider her our "bonus daughter" and I know that she considers us similarly. She and my son co-parent (generally) nicely, and she is a blessing to all, including my granddaughter (half-sibling to the GS). The four of them often do things together as a family. Love and relationships for the kids is paramount. ❤️

@Seasick Sailor your Claudio did a wonderful job with your gardens!

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

A note regarding yesterday's discussion about getting flu shots, I spoke with our pharmacist and they won't be available in Canada until late October or early November.  I'm not sure why the delay . . .

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, as I understand it, they plan for our for late September, October, November in order to be effective during the worst of the flu season months.

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

P.S. I have grandcats, who are delightful!

Yesterday when the son brought the youngest GS, he brought along the only close-to-us granddog (Bernese Mountain) Uno was very excited to be at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but I think most happy to be with my daughter who lives with us. She lived with him when he was a pup and did the early training, so loves visiting her. 😉

I'm not sure what this week has in store for us, but sending prayers for those who need them-especially those suffering from the fire and smoke on the west coast. Blessings to everyone! Be well. Stay safe. Be kind.  And, as Dr. Sharkawy say's mind the W's. #WearAMask. #WashYourHands #WatchYourDistance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

I used to never take a flu shot until I started working on the ship where the entire crew gets one unless you refuse. Have a great Sunday (the remainder of it) Father!

I never took it either because I had Guillian Barre Syndrome when I was in college.  But, in discussion with a couple physician friends, I was convinced that the older I got, the risk from flu became greater than the risk from the vaccine.  You have to weigh the risks of both choices.   Last winter a woman I know who didn't believe in vaccines died at age 70 from the flu.  Way to young!

Prayers for Bermuda.  

• Like 6

My pulmonologist has been after me to get a flu shot since the middle of August when they became available here. I have been putting it off until after my nuclear stress test on Tuesday.

I am somewhat short suited in the grandparent department as I only knew 1 grandparent and my only child has told me that I will never be a grandmother. Does anyone want to volunteer?

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Himself said:

Egg based medicine do not like me.  The one time I got a flu  shot I got the flu!

I got sick the last time I had one in 2010 - the one before that was the 'swine flu' in 1976. Thankfully no flu any of the non-shot years. 

I hope you are feeling better, Father.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Really like that glass plus the K-dam "tegel" underneath it! Bet ya the adult beverage in it was good too! 🙂

The glasses were once in Bombay Sapphire Gin gift boxes. Mitzi found about a couple dozen on eBay years ago. The "milkshake" was a Brandy Alexander sitting on a Koningsdam & Nieuw Statendam tile. HAL tiles are our favorite coasters!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon.

It is still very smoky here and I don't anticipate it getting better anytime soon.  Some rain would be most welcomed.

After fish two nights in a row I had planned on a roast beef dinner.  Unfortunately the roast is still more or less frozen.  So it looks like pancakes and sausages are on the menu.  Breakfast for dinner.  🙂

91479365_10221793587654110_94530091291246592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=brR2_Q-cd2wAX_6Ts2L&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=af0453827c7b839a4f165fa2e5359eb0&oe=5F824955

Val

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Roy please go get the 65+ flu shot. Our doctor said we can always get a "booster" later, and it may be better than the 1st one as they will know the strains later on.

🌺Joy just got back on the board! I so agree with you!! We got our shots on 9/3! We will get a booster if need be later! This year I am not gambling with the dice! 7 come 11 does not sound like it is in the cards for 2020!! Hope Sunday is a good one👍 making Greek food tonight! Greek Salad and Lamb burgers for us!
HAPPY EVENING TO ALL

Denise😊

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Good Afternoon.

It is still very smoky here and I don't anticipate it getting better anytime soon.  Some rain would be most welcomed.

After fish two nights in a row I had planned on a roast beef dinner.  Unfortunately the roast is still more or less frozen.  So it looks like pancakes and sausages are on the menu.  Breakfast for dinner.  🙂

91479365_10221793587654110_94530091291246592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=brR2_Q-cd2wAX_6Ts2L&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=af0453827c7b839a4f165fa2e5359eb0&oe=5F824955

Val

Val, love  the picture and hey pancakes look good to me👍👍👍 So tomorrow will be roast day! I hope the smoke gets better in your area! Such a sad situation for so many states! Stay safe

Denise😊

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

So tomorrow will be roast day! I hope the smoke gets better in your area! Such a sad situation for so many states! Stay safe

Denise😊

Thanks Denise.

Tomorrow will indeed be roast beef day.  I am just not sure if Yorkshire puddings will be served too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Thanks Denise.

Tomorrow will indeed be roast beef day.  I am just not sure if Yorkshire puddings will be served too.

Now you must do Yorkshire pudding!!!!

PLEASE!!🙏 One of my favorites!! Really, enjoy your roast and please stay safe from the smoke!! I wish we had an Arctic storm just for one day to take all the fires and smoke away!  I guess that is wishful thinking 🤔!

Denise😊

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Mia spelled
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marmot@Sea said:

So it looks like pancakes and sausages are on the menu.  Breakfast for dinner. 

I really hope your air quality improves soon, but it doesn't look like it's all that likely.  I LOVE breakfast for dinner!  Nothing wrong with pancakes and sausages or bacon, eggs and toast for dinner - reminds me of my childhood!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

Thanks Gerry and Denise.

One of the local tv stations is saying the air quality is suppose to start to improve tomorrow.  Honestly I will believe it when I see it.  With so many fires burning south of us, I don't see it improving soon.  I hope I am wrong.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for rain.

Val

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Happily@Sea said:

I got sick the last time I had one in 2010 - the one before that was the 'swine flu' in 1976. Thankfully no flu any of the non-shot years. 

I hope you are feeling better, Father.

I have some discomfort but people say I look amazingly well.

• Like 2