The Daily for Monday Sep 14, 2020

richwmn

today is National Live Creative Day, International Crab Fest Day, and National Cream-Filled Donut Day 

Grelb's Reminder:
    Eighty percent of all people consider themselves to be above average drivers.

Meal suggestion for today - Rustic Summer Vegetable Pasta

Drink of the Day - Pink Hawaiian Mljito

Wine of the day - La Rioja Alta Rioja 890 Gran Reserva Selección Especial vintage 2005

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15

Fuerte Amador Panama
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Gibraltar
Westerdam

Limassol Cyprus
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Rosyth GB
Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Zaandam - dockedN at Ijmuiden

Sint Eustatius Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam

Aigio Greece
Maasdam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MYTH

Katakolo
Veendam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MAJESTY

0914World.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the daily Rich.  I think I'll  pass on both the days and the menu today.

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

Lindaler

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Himself’s left arm

The Gulf Coast

Bermuda

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Cruising-along’s road trip(Thank you for checking in)

Himself healing

Lindaler checking in

And successful indoor worship for dismomx5

A successful outdoor service for 1Anglecat

And the return of football.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich, My sisters Denise and Ann, and Roy and fellow Daily-ites.

Rich thank you for the Daily and your time you spend with our dam ship locations. It's appreciated.

Hmmm, summer pasta sounds pretty good. I will scrounge around and see what I come up with. No on wine, it sounds red.. (Ann where are you?) :}

Roy, do you have an update on how the fire chief and Jason are doing? They have been on our prayer list for awhile. Hoping Mrs. Vmax is getting better too. Prayers to all those poor folks displaced by these horrible fires. Father, hoping you are feeling chipper today!

I thought I was finished with our landscaping, but asked Claudio to install a 3 ft coated wire along our back fence. It has to be where the critter's are coming in and reeking havoc to the yard feeders and bird baths. Both neighbors on either side of us have the wire bottoms (they have little dogs) and they haven't had any invasions. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful, peaceful, safe week. Wear your masks. Roy: get your flu shot! Love ya'll!

Crab Puns

October 12 – Churros | Sip Advisor

Edited by Seasick Sailor
missed a word
  • Like 14
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Love the live creative day celebration.  I’ve been trying to work on that 😉   If there were crab available, I’d happily join in the fest 😋 

That quote is oh so true.  how many times have I heard people say what great drivers they are!

Pasta sounds good but I think ours will be a Greek Mediterranean type.

So, trying to live up to creativity day, we decided it was time to clean up the back garden that goes around the trees.  The trees branches were down to the ground and there was little there other than the hostas and geraniums that I had split and transplanted a couple of years ago.  I really don’t have a pic of it but you can get the idea in this pic of the dogs playing.

3E9E73D7-62A8-4600-B1DD-550F0E40B0D2.thumb.jpeg.a1b0d2080dee51f3550b38972c344f0d.jpeg

So, now, after two filled compost bins and a full 1/2 ton truck of tree branches, we now have the trees all trimmed so that more light can get in, weeds cleaned out that were hidden by the trees and mulched.

E4854391-BE36-4EC2-B705-3196FF5089B6.thumb.jpeg.ce1f13575a006aa4f7fd5bceb224dc4b.jpeg

Now, the area is crying for some plants in the background.  I kind of groaned at the idea at first but with the new light I’m thinking some nice low blooming shrubs.  After all:

D97F8E2E-51DA-4CBA-8D37-D876A0D11452.jpeg.32b3ccd271d45ff4e35422846cdc0285.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s care list and a toast to those whom we are celebrating.

Have a great Monday everyone.  Hope no one is affected by the storm coming and it does not turn into a hurricane. 🙏🏻 

Stay safe and don’t forget your masks 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all the daily-ites.

Love the days, I have my card class with my stampin ladies today.

There might be a box of cream filled donuts on the counter.

The Pink Hawaiin Mojito:

The Recipe

• 1 oz. White Rum
  • 1 oz. Triple Sec
  • 1 oz. Cream of Coconut
  • 1 oz. Grenadine 
  • Pineapple Juice
  • Cherries, Pineapple Slices and cute Tropical Umbrellas for garnish (optional)

Combine the rum, triple sec, cream of coconut and grenadine in a cocktail shaker ir?source=bk&t=frugalfavorites-20&bm-id=filled with ice. Give it a good shake to mix and chill all the ingredients. 

Pour into a hurricane glassir?source=bk&t=frugalfavorites-20&bm-id=, top off with pineapple juice.

Garnish your glass with a cherry and a pineapple wedge if desired. Don’t forget the paper umbrellair?source=bk&t=frugalfavorites-20&bm-id=! Every tropical drink needs a paper umbrella. 

Prayers for our lists.  Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 12

On 8/29/2020 at 12:37 PM, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon and thanks for the update.

Its another humid day with thunderstorms expected later this afternoon. I hope the rain stops early, as we’re supposed to have an outdoor service tomorrow. 
Dinner tonight is leftovers. Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Just an update on Jason, our young firefighter. According to a post on their FB page, they hope to move him to a rehab center on Monday, it is anticipated he will be there several months. He suffered a crushed vertebrae and other fractures. He can move his arms but has no feeling from the chest down. 
Stay safe .

It's been quite a while.  Probably safe to take him off the list.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Roy, thank you for our Care & Celebration lists.

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Here I am Joy. BTW “transformation “ is the exact word that came to mind, when I saw @kazu’s before & after garden pictures! Just gorgeous. And you are correct, today’s wine is a red. 

I will celebrate Live Creative Day, since crab & donuts are a “take them or leave them” kind of food for me. The meal sounds delicious. Summer Slope thank you for the drink recipe.

Prayers to all who need our support. Careful everyone in Sally’s path. Just her outer rainbands packed a wallop for my area. The NHC’s tropical systems map is insane - fitting for 2020.

Cheers to everyone who is celebrating!

Stay well everyone.

This Spanish red has ratings off the charts - the lowest was 94. It has a price that I would never consider @$180, but that is partly because the Gran Reservas are only bottled 3 or 4 times every decade. So these are special reds.

#4 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

Medium-depth cherry-red with a pale pink rim. Very intense, clean aromas, with dominating balsamic and spicy notes —vanilla, caramel, chocolate mint and spices against a fruity background of prunes and dried apricots. Well-balanced in the mouth, with an elegant acidity, good structure, round, polished tannins and an oily finish. The aftertaste is ample and very long, with notes of sweet fruit and marked licorice. A wine that represents the elegance and classicism of Rioja Gran Reservas.

WS95
Wine Spectator
Cedar and sandalwood aromas give way to flavors of tea, tobacco, dried cherry, forest floor and orange peel in this expressive red. Round on the palate, supported by muscular tannins and juicy acidity. Big but graceful, mature yet lively, in the traditional style. Drink now through 2030.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 10

47 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all the daily-ites.

Love the days, I have my card class with my stampin ladies today.

There might be a box of cream filled donuts on the counter.

The Pink Hawaiin Mojito:

The Recipe

• 1 oz. White Rum
  • 1 oz. Triple Sec
  • 1 oz. Cream of Coconut
  • 1 oz. Grenadine 
  • Pineapple Juice
  • Cherries, Pineapple Slices and cute Tropical Umbrellas for garnish (optional)

Combine the rum, triple sec, cream of coconut and grenadine in a cocktail shaker ir?source=bk&t=frugalfavorites-20&bm-id=filled with ice. Give it a good shake to mix and chill all the ingredients. 

Pour into a hurricane glassir?source=bk&t=frugalfavorites-20&bm-id=, top off with pineapple juice.

Garnish your glass with a cherry and a pineapple wedge if desired. Don’t forget the paper umbrellair?source=bk&t=frugalfavorites-20&bm-id=! Every tropical drink needs a paper umbrella. 

Prayers for our lists.  Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

That is quite a drink.  A few of those and one would need a designsted driver.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

I think today was made for me.   I would gladly join in the crabfest if I had some crab.  I like crab better than lobster.   And, if I were going to eat a donut, it would be a cream filled one.  Mmmmmmm

Happy “Made for Debbie Day”!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5

Good morning and thanks for the update.

A nice cool morning but getting warm this afternoon.

Love crab but having steak on the grill tonight.

@rafinmd , Bih fire has not updated their Facebook page so I have no information on Jason . Hopefully he is on the road to recovery.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all and thanks to a Rich for the updates.  Those HAL ships are headed in the right directions, a bit closer to the majority of us.  I could go with the meal suggestion, but guaranteed DH would take a pass.   The drink sounds interesting, maximum one!  A shout out to Roy for keeping up with the lists.  It seemed very strange to see those huge Football stadiums with no one in them.  

• Like 7

Custard-filled Bismarks with chocolate icing are Mitzi's favorite donuts - but I wish I had some Tim-Bits right now! 

Here are some nice sedum growing at our son's new house. There are some decent looking small planting beds, it will be interesting to see what comes up in the Spring -

image.thumb.png.1adbfaa3b119abfb6e090e7cd7dc670d.png

• Like 9

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  While I'm not terribly creative, I am brave, so I live bravely and sometimes the projects work . . . sometimes.  Love both crab and cream filled donuts, but there aren't any of either in the house at the moment, so will just think nice thoughts about them.

@kazu holy catfish, did you do that all by yourselves?  That's a ton of work, but it does look great; good for you!

I looked up the recipe for Rustic Summer Pasta and liked what I saw - I happen to have almost all of the ingredients in the kitchen and pantry right now, so I may just whip it up for dinner tonight.  And wine.  BTW, I love red wines, so will be enjoying a glass of red tonight, but not the $180 variety, more of the "Cardboardeaux" variety.  LOL

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Be well, stay safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Thank you Rich and Roy for The Daily and the Care & Celebration List. 

Just checking in to say that the fires seem to be getting slightly better and the evacuations are slowing down.  

The air quality is off the charts awful. Everyone is recommended to stay inside. Many businesses have closed to protect employees from exposure. Still waiting to hear from my employer. 

Have a great day all! 

59AE4CB5-3186-4DD1-A3CF-B1FE9A24CA54.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@kazu holy catfish, did you do that all by yourselves?  That's a ton of work, but it does look great; good for you!

LOL Gerry.  No, I had a gardener friend help me (he was paid).  DH wasn’t allowed to do anything strenuous with his second cataract surgery yet so I knew I would never get it all done by myself unless the mulch sat in the driveway for weeks 😉   DH cut up all the branches to get as much as we could in the compost bins so the rest would fit in the truck.

I do know my limits 😉 

• Like 9