The Daily for Friday Oct 9, 2020

richwmn

today is Curious Events Day, Fire Prevention Day, and International Beer and Pizza Day

There is no time like the present for postponing what you ought to be doing.

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken Bacon Ranch Bubble-Up Bake

Drink of the Day - Delta Blues

Wine of the day - HW Wine Company Languedoc Rosé Diving Into Hampton Watervintage 2017

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Brindisi Italy Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Caracas Bay
Oosterdam

Christobal Panama Anchorage
Eurodam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay GB
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1009World.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for the fleet report.  Interesting days, DH loves Pizza and Beer day.  And the quote seems spot on for me lately.

Delta Blues :

DELTA BLUES OLD FASHIONEDDelta Blues exclusive Barrel Select WL Weller 107 bourbon, dark sugar syrup, bitters, orange peel.

Prayers and congratulations to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 10

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  A special salute to Fire Prevention Week.  I'm curious about the first day, and will like the pizza but pass on the beer.  I resemble that quote.  As indicated yesterday, the Amsterdam crossed the International Dateline (wonder if that has a special day) October 8 so I will assume dinner came on October 9.  That was a Monday and Thanksgiving Day in Canada.  My alternate menu suggestion is Chilled Peach Soup, Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey, and Apple Tart as served on the Amsterdam the day we crossed the international Dateline.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Burnout at work, especially Live4cruises

California and Colorado Wildfires

Seasick Sailor;s skunk

those in the path of Delta

President Trump,  Melania and the entire White House staff

Denise’s friend with stage 4 metastatic lung cancer (but pleased she’s comfortable).

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Occasional posters including @0bnxshs

MS Rotterdam in the water

Return of Amsterdam Luggage

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

cruisin single helping Colorado firefighters

Denise’s new kitchen

and drive in voting

IMG_8947.JPG.3c8715dc6174e243450f127bda70b459.JPG

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily Report.

It's Friday, so beer and pizza sounds like a good choice for a lot of people.

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds interesting, I'll file that away for another day.

I'd like to sip on a Delta Blues Old Fashioned.

Be kind.  Be safe.  Have a wonderful day.

• Like 8

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Thank you Roy for keeping our lists!  Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! 

Another interesting combo of days. If ever there was a year for curious events day - 2020 is it. We need to start Fire Prevention Year. I will be changing my smoke detector batteries tomorrow. My builder took fire prevention seriously- I have 8 detectors!  I had pizza last weekend, so I might just look up the recipe for today’s meal. Sounds delicious.  As does today’s drink, Summer!

Prayers to those who need our support! Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone.

This French  rosé is very well rated: all available vintages, too! Prices for the 2017 start at $19.99. I am not usually a fan of rosé, but this sounds like a nice one!

What that all means is this wine is the perfect companion for any occasion.

#83 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018 

Clean and fresh, with bursts of bright red fruit flavors (cherries, strawberries, and watermelon), balanced acidity, a touch of minerality and a long, dry and refreshing finish. Hand-picked by the finest wine makers the South of France has to offer, Hampton Water Wine is made up of the perfect blend of Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvèdre grapes.

WS90 Wine Spectator
A nicely crafted rosé, with a hint of creamy richness lining the strawberry, melon and white cherry flavors. A dash of minerality imparts depth through the long, mouthwatering finish. A crowd-pleaser.
  • Like 15

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Well 2020 has certainly been a year of Curious Events.  Fire Prevention is so important - perfect time to celebrate and make sure everything is safe.

Easy to celebrate Pizza & Beer as I am going out for lunch with my friend and we will definitely have pizza.  But, we’ll pass on the beer and have a glass of wine 😉 

E03867FE-538A-4A8A-B88D-8192E8DE22A0.thumb.jpeg.971dadae671fcf4a67ed2ed358491293.jpeg

Love that quote.  I seem to be good at it lately.

Your meal suggestion sounds interesting.  I’m going to look it up.

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list & to all those who need them.

Have a great TGIF everyone 🙂. Stay safe and don’t forget your mask 😷 

• Like 17

Good morning Rich. Wow, what a beautiful sky you have there this morning.

Thank you for the Daily. I'm late because I went to your Daily and post and it said Friday which reminded me to get the trash can out to the curb. Thank you for that as well.

Pepe came thru last night but did not linger and I didn't yell at him now that I know he's a skunk. I heard moth balls were not good for birds, so moved them along the fence line. 

Good morning sisters. Thank you Ann for wine review. I like some rose wines, so will add it to my list.

Denise, I am so thankful your friend is comfortable and resting. Prayers.

Thanks Roy, Jacqui (yikes on your picture this morning! 😶) and summer for your input. Thanks for prayer and celebrations Roy and your travel blog.

We should have a beautiful day today, and hoping to get to the Fish City Grill for oysters and a bit of shopping. (We will be very careful) All be careful out there. Wear your masks. Remember God loves you.

Funny Videos, Pictures Gifs & Memes, Jokes, Workplace Humor from  AtWorkAndBored.com

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

I looked up today's menu suggestion and got this recipe from Pillsbury.

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chicken-bacon-ranch-bubble-up-bake/70e5c155-0012-46b5-ae98-5d198fb284fc

Let us all know how it turns out!

Thanks once again for all the daily updates, care lists and celebrations.  It helps to keep us focused in these crazy times.

Jacqui, I love that T-shirt.  Wish I had one!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It will be sunsets rather than sunrises for the next couple of days. On October 8, 2017 the MS Amsterdam crossed the International dateline.  While it was officially October 8 ship's time, I figure by then actual local time was October 9.

daysend08.jpg

Roy

• Like 13

We have Internet!

It actually got hooked up late Wednesday, but we have been swamped with moving all our junk. The condo is empty and hopefully goes on the market today. We still have stuff in the condo garage and storage locker to move.

Pizza and beer just might be the ticket for tonight since our new kitchen is in a state of complete chaos!

Here is the first sunset that I actually had time to watch at our new place (Wednesday night). The picture is from our sunroom on the south side of the house. It wasn't very colorful, but it was a significant one for me! Note the lovely "All the Man I Need" (9/28 drink of the day) in the foreground - 

image.thumb.png.610fa164dc052d12fe5505b575293a17.png

Here is last night's from our front yard and the park across the street -

image.thumb.png.dcae64b8980454235882f1a20b660972.png

image.thumb.png.3a3a47eb39448d2a763b7c768c915c6c.png

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It will be sunsets rather than sunrises for the next couple of days. On October 8, 2017 the MS Amsterdam crossed the International dateline.  While it was officially October 8 ship's time, I figure by then actual local time was October 9.

daysend08.jpg

Roy

🌺Good morning Roy!

I remember this picture you took from your writings 👍 What a great picture!

Thank you and appreciate all your contributions with celebrations 🎉 and the care list too! Enjoying the travels on the freighter too!

Denise😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I looked up today's menu suggestion and got this recipe from Pillsbury.

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chicken-bacon-ranch-bubble-up-bake/70e5c155-0012-46b5-ae98-5d198fb284fc

Let us all know how it turns out!

Thanks once again for all the daily updates, care lists and celebrations.  It helps to keep us focused in these crazy times.

Jacqui, I love that T-shirt.  Wish I had one!

Thank you for the recipe. It sounds easy.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Here in Ocala the code requires one in each bedroom area (outside the bedrooms) plus one inside each bedroom.

I bet the code is similar here - the room I use as an office could become a bedroom by adding a closet. 

• Like 3

Good morning everyone hope all is well!!

🌺Rich your quote really relates to me!! 
Due to Covid I had to postpone my 6 month dermatology appt last July and went yesterday to see her. Pizza day tomorrow for us!! Fire prevention is a must!

🌺🌺To everyone a big Thankyou for all your caring notes to my friend! So appreciated!

🌺🌺 Jacqui love the T Shirt!! I have one similar with champagne LOL! 
🌺🌺🌺

Good morning Ann and Joy my sisters forever!!!!! Love you

Have a beautiful day! Stay positive! And we must always stay safe! 
Denise😊

• Like 8

Good morning all!  This should be Curious Events *Year*, but we all know that!  I had beer and pizza a few nights ago, so will wait awhile for that 🙂  We also have to have smoke alarms in every bedroom and main living areas, the hardest one to get to is the one at the highest peak of the cathedral ceiling in the family room when it beeps!!!  Speaking of smoke alarms made me remember when one of ours went off when I was cooking 😳 and the grandsons were here.  The oldest (6) taught me something.  I never knew you can get it to stop by waving a towel or similar at it (!?!) Much faster than just opening all the doors and turning on the stove fan (color me embarrassed!)  

Planning to get our flu shots today and maybe I'll get my spring bulbs planted.  It's the window of opportunity because after today it shows 4 straight days of rain.  Fall is here in the PNW. 

• Like 7

Good morning everyone!

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your list Roy. Rich your sunrise picture is beautiful. Love all the pictures everyone posts. Fred, enjoy your new house, your views are beautiful. 

I had to look up the menu suggestion too and found the same recipe. The bubble up part must be the cut up biscuits on top. Since I’m not a big chicken fan I’ll pass. 

Blue, the bald dog, had a big day yesterday at the vet. Shots, nails, and teeth. And he now has to have a tooth pulled. How can such a little thing be so expensive?  DH calls him the $8,000 dog. 

Have a great day everyone!

I forgot to mention that the high temperature yesterday was 98, the first under 100 degree day in October. Thankfully I think it will stay under 100 now. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7