The Daily for Saturday Oct 24, 2020

richwmn

Happy anniversaries to @Seasick Sailor and @Live4cruises!

Today is my birthday and like a few recent Dailyites, I am 39 again! Prime rib, twice baked potatoes, and brussels sprouts are on the menu. And cake. And wine. From a bottle! And a mystery surprise Tiki Drink from our son!

We still have some snow on the ground in spots but I managed to get my Iris in the ground yesterday. It got to almost 40F yesterday afternoon when I was planting (it might not get above freezing until Wednesday now). 

Apparently, I always liked gardening -

MB50b_1200ed.thumb.jpg.ba5fd960261f066402a1fde063d13b07.jpg

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Today is my birthday and like a few recent Dailyites, I am 39 again! Prime rib, twice baked potatoes, and brussels sprouts are on the menu. And cake. And wine. From a bottle! And a mystery surprise Tiki Drink from our son!

WOW!! I am so happy this is a of a lot of 🥳 celebrating!

Have a wonderful day👍
Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.b25de3eee87c38c497419d230dc5eb9a.jpeg

• Like 7

I sailed Allure of the Seas first revenue Westbound transatlantic in 2015.  I have posted a couple of photos from QM2 on the way to Europe then but my first sunrise from the Allure was October 24:

dawn1024.jpg

Roy

• Like 17

Good morning all! Wow woke up late to no sunshine here in San Diego. I really thought it was around 6:30-7am! Nope!

Looks like a day of toasting this evening to a lot of wonderful people on their special day! Makes me 😊 happy.

🌺🌸To Rich! Love the quote as well as the day celebrations. I always try to make a difference in a positive way and love my neighbors in wanting to help in any way!

As they do for us.

🌺🌸To Roy! Like seeing  the care list shrinking and hope we can have a lot more celebrations!! I am always thinking of KK and Joe! I sure do miss her contributions!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Summer thanks for the recipes on our cocktails!

🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸

Jacqui!! Mr. Rogers! LOL. Really liked that one! 
❤️❤️To my virtual sister’s! Joy and Ann! Have a beautiful weekend always👍
Take care all!

David made breakfast so I got to go!

Denise😊

• Like 9

It is so good to have plenty of birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate!  Yesterday was our 10th anniversary and I’m glad to be in such good company with lots of happy years ahead for all of us.  Cheers to all of us - everyone celebrating and all the well-wishers too!🥂😷

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

It is so good to have plenty of birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate!  Yesterday was our 10th anniversary and I’m glad to be in such good company with lots of happy years ahead for all of us.  Cheers to all of us - everyone celebrating and all the well-wishers too!🥂😷

Oh my!  Happy anniversary @TheKingD !!  I may get drunk tonight just with all the toasting!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon all.  Our Canadian dime would come up short for the bagel purchase!  Lots of celebrating today, those mentioned by Rich and to those celebrating birthdays and anniversarie 🎈🦋💐🥂🎉🥳🎂🍾🎈.  Having never drank a cup of coffee, I will definitely pass on today’s drink suggestion.  The dish sounds good but it's leftovers from yesterday.  We had very warm temperatures yesterday, followed by storms with tornado warnings.  Today it is about 25 degrees cooler then yesterday.  We put a pie pumpkin out for the beasties, needless to say it is a feast for them and we are enjoying watching the antics.  Have a great day everyone, my best to all.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TheKingD said:

Happy anniversary 🥂 

and @Overhead Fred Happy Birthday 🎂 

• Like 4

Exciting!  A day of birthdays and anniversaries!  Congratulations to all celebrating.  Our son was 55 yesterday, which really dates me!  This is a city of "newly-weds and nearly-deads", you don't even get mentioned on the evening news until you have been married 60 years, and we are only coming up to 58....  

Thanks to Rich and Roy for the get-together.  I left my computer open last night so Apple could install some updates and this morning I had a hard time getting back on line and into my mail, so they made some changes somewhere.  Seems alright now.

In the Irish coffee recipe, I would imagine that the "brown" sugar mentioned is referring to Demerara sugar, which is often used in tea and coffee in the UK and Ireland.  I try to remember to buy a bag to bring home when we are over in that part of the world, but I don't seem to have any right now, so I took this picture off the internet.  

1867912557_ScreenShot2020-10-24at9_59_15AM.thumb.jpeg.c7a553d46ec5d048a7e0ee1313be0da8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon and thanks for the update

I’m happy to add to all the celebrations today and @rafinmd have a special one and care to add to our list.

I just came back from a drive thru chicken bbq at Bird-in- hand fire company. 
If you remember back in August we were praying for JASON, the young firefighter that was in the car accident. 
Well the bbq today is to benefit him and his family.   The best news is JASON CAME HOME LAST Night. 
He is still paralyzed from the waist down but is regaining feelings in his arms and hands. He has a long way to go. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon and thanks for the update

I’m happy to add to all the celebrations today and @rafinmd have a special one and care to add to our list.

I just came back from a drive thru chicken bbq at Bird-in- hand fire company. 
If you remember back in August we were praying for JASON, the young firefighter that was in the car accident. 
Well the bbq today is to benefit him and his family.   The best news is JASON CAME HOME LAST Night. 
He is still paralyzed from the waist down but is regaining feelings in his arms and hands. He has a long way to go. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Awesome!

Roy

• Like 4

Soon my sister and bil will be here for a visit. I am excited to see them. I have my little trailer pulled out of the barn and set up for their visit. What more can they ask for then a room with a view. And dinner of course. 

Happy anniversary and birthday. Thanks Rich and everyone. 

4C7ABFC2-F0E9-44D0-91CE-7D7A9383996E.jpeg

• Like 12

Good Afternoon Dailyites! Again, your observations and photos/cartoons, lift the spirit. And you also take time to care about others. Thank you.

After going to the Farmers' Market and running errands, I finallly turned on my computer, leaving The Daily as my 'treat,' after taking care of "stuff." And what a wonderful evening it will be treat to be able to celebrate on behalf of so many of you!

• Seasick Sailor: Happy 29th Anniversary to you & Allen!
  • Live4cruises: Happy 21st Anniversary!
  • TheKingD: Happy 10th Anniversary!
  • Overhead Fred: Your 39th Birthday menu sounds perfect! Isn't it amazing how many of us were born at the same time? 

Despite all your fabulous food & drink suggestions, I am about to retreat to the kitchen to start preparing lamb shanks for this evening. We will have cocktails at our Make Believe Ocean Bar via Zoom with best cruising friends in SC before dinner. And we will toast all of today's celebrants on The Daily.

Stay safe. And please, wear a mask.

-Cat

Edited by Ichiban Nekko
fat fingers
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

• Seasick Sailor: Happy 29th Anniversary to you & Allen!
  • Live4cruises: Happy 21st Anniversary!
  • TheKingD: Happy 10th Anniversary!
  • Overhead Fred: Your 39th Birthday menu sounds perfect! Isn't it amazing how many of us were born at the same time? 

Despite all your fabulous food & drink suggestions, I am about to retreat to the kitchen to start preparing lamb shanks for this evening.

Thank you Cat for anniversary wishes. I am married to the greatest guy. One favor to ask you. Can we come to your house for lamb shanks this evening? 🤩

• Like 4

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 10/26

Sint Eustatius
Nieuw Amsterdam

That, I'm pretty sure, is the first time a HAL ship is visiting/will be visiting the small Dutch island of St. Eustatius, aka "Statia" and its capital Oranjestad ("Orange City"), yes same name as the capital of Aruba. Sint Eustatius is Dutch for Saint Eustace, a legendary Christian martyr. There are the three ABC's in the Leeward Group that most cruise ship pax are familiar with; Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao and the three "S" islands in the Lesser Antilles Group; the well known Sint Maarten with the Dutch and French side, and the lesser known Saba and Sint Eustatius. Due to their status within the Dutch Kingdom, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba are also known as the BES islands 

1024px-Sint_Eustatius_travel_map.png

St Eustatius — Things to Do

Looking at Saint Kitts from Sint Eustatius

Shopping and nightlife in St Eustatius

Fort Oranje: saving Fort Oranje from collapse due to cliff erosion - DAM  Caribbean

St Eustatius Island (Oranjestad, Dutch Antilles) cruise port schedule |  CruiseMapper

Sint Eustatius | Facts, Culture, History, & Points of Interest | Britannica

• Like 12