New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Ah, sorry. Didn't realise you had two already.

If I am honest I'm happy that I did get both with the recommended 3 week gap rather than a 12 week gap.

My 56 year old sister just texted me, she and her husband are having their first vaccines tomorrow, so I am happy about that.  I just keep thinking that the sooner people are vaccinated the better.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Interesting. Our 27 year old daughter had a text the same day that we did. We weren’t sure why she had been called up, but we speculated that it was one of three reasons. 1) an error 2) because she still shows as living with us and we wondered if it was to protect my wife (who has MS) or 3) because she had part of a kidney removed as a child, although has no residual issues. Anyway, she phoned me and said that she felt that she shouldn’t have the jab as it didn’t seem right, but I said that she wouldn’t be depriving anyone else (as all those who were eligible were being called up anyway and they wouldn’t call up someone else who wasn’t yet eligible if she declined). Also, she is working in a public facing job and having to be tested weekly. Anyway, she went for the jab and they asked her all the usual questions, which she answered honestly, and they jabbed her without question. 

I think that it could be because of your wife having ME because my sister has her grandson living with them and he is only 20 but he has been given his first dose by their GP.  When he got the letter my sister rang the GP because she thought that it was wrong and she was told that it was because her husband is shielding with terminal cancer and their grandson lives with them.

Well their in the 40s range here in Bournemouth, Wimborne, Christchurch, working quite fast now my son gets his in a few days and he’s 41 and healthy and my son -in-law 42 as well , just a bit upset that my youngest son 26 is very unsure about getting it and feels it’s not safe !! I told him he won’t be able to go on holiday this year then because the countries he wants to go to looks like you need it to enter 😆 I’m sure he’ll change his mind later , I certainly hope so 🤞

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well their in the 40s range here in Bournemouth, Wimborne, Christchurch, working quite fast now my son gets his in a few days and he’s 41 and healthy and my son -in-law 42 as well , just a bit upset that my youngest son 26 is very unsure about getting it and feels it’s not safe !! I told him he won’t be able to go on holiday this year then because the countries he wants to go to looks like you need it to enter 😆 I’m sure he’ll change his mind later , I certainly hope so 🤞

Hopefully when he see's the other two lads jabbed and sorted he may have a change of heart.:classic_smile:

The most common side effect of the jab seems to be stopping deaths and hospitalisation 

within the UK as the figures prove . :classic_love:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

A litle white lie won't hurt, and it's all in a good cause😉

Avril

• Like 3

I booked my appointments today for both doses, age 53, as have my SIL, BIL and friends at work all in their early 50's. The NHS booking site still says over 55's but is accepting bookings now for over 50's, I don't know whether this is postcode dependent as we are all in Kent.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, nicki-k said:

I booked my appointments today for both doses, age 53, as have my SIL, BIL and friends at work all in their early 50's. The NHS booking site still says over 55's but is accepting bookings now for over 50's, I don't know whether this is postcode dependent as we are all in Kent.

I’m 53 and got my text Friday and had my jab yesterday. 😊
My sister is 50 and is having hers Sunday, she’s Kent rather than Medway.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Blackmail is another word for it and its disgraceful.

Edited by Chrisdriving

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

I see P&O want people with two jabs once they fire up and start cruising  12 April.

So it looks like you did the right thing Purdey pointing out to your son about not 

being allowed on certain holidays . 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-two-jabs-needed-for-staycation-cruises-ferry-firm-demands-12248367

I am in full agreement with both vaccines being needed before being allowed on board a cruise. However I cannot see how they can allow (potentially) unvaccinated crew on board but not allow unvaccinated children.....

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

I see P&O want people with two jabs once they fire up and start cruising  12 April.

So it looks like you did the right thing Purdey pointing out to your son about not 

being allowed on certain holidays . 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-two-jabs-needed-for-staycation-cruises-ferry-firm-demands-12248367

Every time I see that written down, a ghastly vision of John Prescott materialises.:classic_wacko:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

Blackmail is another word for it and its disgraceful.

Its not blackmail, it's just pointing out the obvious truth that to protect himself and the rest of the population, he needs to be vaccinated.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I am in full agreement with both vaccines being needed before being allowed on board a cruise. However I cannot see how they can allow (potentially) unvaccinated crew on board but not allow unvaccinated children.....

My thought's as well but P&O ships, P&O rules or as Mr Ludlow would put it 

"My way or the highway " .There will be some fallout from this over the next 

few weeks ,the issues you have stated above and a few anti vax cruisers 

who will play hell because they cannot cruise . For those who are jabbed up ,

good luck with your cruises and we will watch with interest how they get on .:classic_smile:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

My thought's as well but P&O ships, P&O rules or as Mr Ludlow would put it 

"My way or the highway " .There will be some fallout from this over the next 

few weeks ,the issues you have stated above and a few anti vax cruisers 

who will play hell because they cannot cruise . For those who are jabbed up ,

good luck with your cruises and we will watch with interest how they get on .:classic_smile:

As I have said elsewhere, I believe that the reading of the P&O vaccination policy regarding children, is open to interpretation,  and may be clarified.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thejuggler said:

All very well telling passengers they need proof.  I would want proof the staff had all been vaccinated.

Vaccination doesn't make you immune, take it on board and within a day half the staff could be infected, then what?

It appears that transmission levels from those that have been vaccinated are considerably reduced, so I assume P&O are hoping that mask wearing and 100% passenger vaccination will mitigate the risk to the crew. 

It is, however, a gamble.

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As I have said elsewhere, I believe that the reading of the P&O vaccination policy regarding children, is open to interpretation,  and may be clarified.

Now I have had chance to read the vaccine T&C's it looks like the double jab policy is 

only for the Re-launch coastal cruises as P&O go on to say ... 

"All other P&O Cruises holidays on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Now I have had chance to read the vaccine T&C's it looks like the double jab policy is 

"All other P&O Cruises holidays on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated."

Beware the use of the word "currently "!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

The problem is that "do not currently require" does not mean that will not change.

• Like 1

With the current vaccination plan all over 18s should have had their second jab by the end of October, so the vast majority of adults will have been offered both jabs by the time that the 'normal' schedule resumes.

Those that choose not to take up the offer may have a problem and those that legitimately have a medical exemption may have to provide proof.

On a broader issue I do smile at the holiday companies adverts for family holidays this summer which may or may not go ahead. When according to current plans only those over 40 are likely to have had their 2nd jabs by the time that the school summer holidays will have started in England. Some countries are looking for the holiday dollar by may be lowering entry covid requirements but that could be reversed and our government, like last summer, could call for holidaymakers to return at a few days notice if circumstances change. To me countries allowing those younger age groups not fully vaccinated from multiple counties mixing is a recipe for another explosion of cases, although the older vaccinated population should be at a much reduced risk of being seriously ill.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, ace2542 said:

I believe the story I really do. When I had AZ last sunday. I was given my card when I was at reception desk. I was told to sit by the vaccination room and then called in. I could have walked out with that card and claimed I had it. I was surprised it was done that way allowing me to get the card before the shot. Once I had the shot I was told I could leave and there was no need to wait.

I just don't get why they never checked the CCTV cameras.

The details are also recorded on your health records. If you have the NHS appt you will see it on there a few days later. People lose or forge the cards, so you just open your app and it will show you have had it on there. Ofcourse if it doesnt show that ,then you havent.