New vaccine

hollyjess

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Apparently some wag suggested that they put a chip in your phone so the police, or OH could check where you were, or where you had been. A bit far fetched, but I could do with one as I can never remember where I've been.

Just finished rewatching Spooks, and back in the noughties they could track every terrorist with a mobile phone, or so it seemed.

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just finished rewatching Spooks, and back in the noughties they could track every terrorist with a mobile phone, or so it seemed.

So can SEAL team. I hear that ' they ' put chips in your drinks to see how many you have had. A bit far fetched, but how about a chip in your car to check you out.

37 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Apparently some wag suggested that they put a chip in your phone so the police, or OH could check where you were, or where you had been. A bit far fetched, but I could do with one as I can never remember where I've been.

OH and I have friend locator on our phones. Mind you the phone has to be turned on to work, so if you charge your phone then don't turn it back on it doesn't work lol. I also have Google maps which gives a timeline of where you have been, even I believe on holiday. Unfortunately on our cruises I didn't have it enabled.

3 minutes ago, emam said:

OH and I have friend locator on our phones. Mind you the phone has to be turned on to work, so if you charge your phone then don't turn it back on it doesn't work lol. I also have Google maps which gives a timeline of where you have been, even I believe on holiday. Unfortunately on our cruises I didn't have it enabled.

If you don't have any friends, can it help you find some🤔

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

So can SEAL team. I hear that ' they ' put chips in your drinks to see how many you have had. A bit far fetched, but how about a chip in your car to check you out.

I have been eating chips, and fish, in my car ever since the sixties, but I think the sniffer dogs used to track me from the smell of vinegar in those days.🤣🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, emam said:

On another thread I have been looking on Microsoft one drive as that is where I back up my photos. I wonder where that was I think. On Google drive, it tells me where they were taken. Silly old phone doesn't know what I was thinking though.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have been eating chips, and fish, in my car ever since the sixties, but I think the sniffer dogs used to track me from the smell of vinegar in those days.🤣🤣

I phoned  my wife and told her that I will pick up Fish and Chips on the way from work, she

wasn't that pleased . She's still got the face on  about the names I gave our kids.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I tried my banking app for the first time after switching over from the secure key card.  After lots of fafflng around I finally managed to get the minor task done, only to be told I had exceeded the limit of errors and my app was now suspended!!!!

I found that a nuisance at first but having discovered how easy all the banking apps are to use I now them most of the time instead of the PC or iPad. Quick and easy logins within a second or two via iris scanning or fingerprint, and very simple.

Been with First Direct since it opened. Telephone banking when that was high tech, then online, and finally phone apps. Incredibly useful for scanning in the odd cheque payment that can’t be made any other way.

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On another thread I have been looking on Microsoft one drive as that is where I back up my photos. I wonder where that was I think. On Google drive, it tells me where they were taken. Silly old phone doesn't know what I was thinking though.

My phone backs up to Google and Amazon but I have never looked at the Google back ups, I will have to do so. Though I tend to use pocket camera. I will also have a look for the NHS app.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, emam said:

I also have Google maps which gives a timeline of where you have been, even I believe on holiday.

In normal times it can be quite interesting looking at your travels over the last few months. Currently it shows I have only visited two locations in the last 3 months! 

3 hours ago, the english lady said:

we have patient access as well..thing is I have a smart phone and I'm not smart. I think they are 2 separate things. Does patient access give you the ability to order repeat prescriptions?

Yes I can order repeat prescriptions and books doctors appointments.  But it does not link to health any other health data.

26 minutes ago, fragilek said:

Yes I can order repeat prescriptions and books doctors appointments.  But it does not link to health any other health data.

I can do the same with our surgery. There is however,  a way to request access online to our medical records, but I don't think I'd want to look at them. I'm a bit of an ostrich in that respect, and anything that is important for me to know my excellent doctor will tell me.

Avril

• Like 1

We can request a copy but not online.  This won't actually affect me directly (I was just posting to show there is an issue for some re proof).

It will be a while before I can cruise again (Unfortunately I am one of the people the vaccine is unlikely to work on) I need to wait for the next phase of vaccines, the antibody vaccine, which is undergoing trials at the minute but won't be available until oct at the earliest. 

Even then I am not sure I will get the docs OK to cruise again until at EU is out of all of this.  Then who knows what my insurance will be - It was £390 for 2 weeks worldwide with a £500 excess for any claim related to my know conditions 😲

I am just on the forum to plan ahead for late 2022 or early 2023.  I just need another cruise to focus on lol

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I tried my banking app for the first time after switching over from the secure key card.  After lots of fafflng around I finally managed to get the minor task done, only to be told I had exceeded the limit of errors and my app was now suspended!!!!

I have been using the Banking App to pay in cheques for the last 12 months when it was not easy to get to the bank. Found it very easy to do take photo of both sides enter amount and submit, use it for checking balance and transfers between my own accounts. Tend to pay bills on PC though as I have messed up to often when access code comes thru! 

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I can do the same with our surgery. There is however,  a way to request access online to our medical records, but I don't think I'd want to look at them. I'm a bit of an ostrich in that respect, and anything that is important for me to know my excellent doctor will tell me.

Avril

Avril, We have the same supposed facility, but when I checked with our surgery they said they have not and do not intend to activate the facility. But we can order repeat prescriptions and will be able again to request  appointments, once covid restrictions are lifted.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, We have the same supposed facility, but when I checked with our surgery they said they have not and do not intend to activate the facility. But we can order repeat prescriptions and will be able again to request  appointments, once covid restrictions are lifted.

We find the facility to view your medical record absolutely invaluable, John.  It's been available with our practice for some years, but you do have to request it to be added.

It's a complete record of everything written or done by every member of staff, including the pharmacy, and incredibly useful for checking back. Invaluable for travel and other insurance applications too. Quite a discipline for the practice staff, because they know that every comment can be read, but it's a superb practice (CQC Outstanding) and there are no loose cannons!

Gone are the days of abbreviations such as NFB (that one varied across the country!) and other derogatory remarks, but it might be risky for any practice to open up the record unless they're 100% certain that the contents aren't going to cause problems for them!

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

We find the facility to view your medical record absolutely invaluable, John.  It's been available with our practice for some years, but you do have to request it to be added.

It's a complete record of everything written or done by every member of staff, including the pharmacy, and incredibly useful for checking back. Invaluable for travel and other insurance applications too. Quite a discipline for the practice staff, because they know that every comment can be read, but it's a superb practice (CQC Outstanding) and there are no loose cannons!

Gone are the days of abbreviations such as NFB (that one varied across the country!) and other derogatory remarks, but it might be risky for any practice to open up the record unless they're 100% certain that the contents aren't going to cause problems for them!

You have access anyway under a Subject Access Request.  Staff have been cleaning up their acts for years as records have been available for patients to see.  This includes any emails where they are mentioned which is the one which can trip up staff.  Same goes for employees who can ask for anything they are mentioned in.

The one thing to note is that you may not get everything.  Any third party information will be withheld, eg your partner phones in to say they feel something is wrong or your not taking your medication will not be shown to you and the medics can decide that it would not be in your benefit to know something.

That last one doesn't happen very often but it is possible.  Example is someone with dementia and a serious illness who doesn't know of either.

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

You have access anyway under a Subject Access Request.  Staff have been cleaning up their acts for years as records have been available for patients to see.  This includes any emails where they are mentioned which is the one which can trip up staff.  Same goes for employees who can ask for anything they are mentioned in.

The one thing to note is that you may not get everything.  Any third party information will be withheld, eg your partner phones in to say they feel something is wrong or your not taking your medication will not be shown to you and the medics can decide that it would not be in your benefit to know something.

That last one doesn't happen very often but it is possible.  Example is someone with dementia and a serious illness who doesn't know of either.

The SAR route is always there, as you say, but it’s a poor substitute for access to your full record whenever you want or need it.

It’s extremely useful in all sorts of circumstances, not least of which is being able to view the GP’s record of a consultation after the event. It’s also a fully searchable database going back, in our case, for many years.

On 3/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, jeanlyon said:

There seems to be a big discrepancy in what is actually on these apps.  MyGP surgery does not use the Patient Access so therefore I can't see my medical records.  However, I can see my vaccination on my GP website with all my details, like name, DOB, NHS number, so that's enough for me.

Why are the police investigating those Covid deaths in that care home in Sidmouth?