New vaccine

hollyjess

38 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Since my 'time out' from work I haven't had much to report on the vaccine situation but I'm back at work now and will be working at the vaccine hub over Easter weekend. In my absence the hub had visits from both Boris and Prince Charles. My colleagues all reported how impressively well-informed Prince Charles was, and how he spent a lot of time with each of the volunteers. It wasn't reported and was therefore a much more relaxed and private visit. A nice boost to the workers which was much appreciated.

There was one disappointing week when the adverse publicity around the AZ and blood clots made its mark. Clinics had to be cancelled and condensed into one smaller session which was also not fully booked. Fortunately the AZ vaccine is quite temperate and could be moved to other sites so no wastage.

This coming weekend we are back to Pfizer and will be giving second vaccines to the patients whose 12 week recall is due. We are half-full already but unfortunately this weekend covers at least two religious festivals so we are still expecting some spare appointments. 

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the sunshine. Be safe. Jane.x

Great that your hub got some “Royal” support. I suspect quite a bit of that goes on without being reported.

A great shame that certain countries have cast doubt on the AZ vaccine but there’s not a lot that can be done about that apart from educating people.

I would hope that everyone called for their 2nd jabs will prioritise their vaccinations over most other things, but as you say I guess there will be some no shows. I’m just hoping my second jab appointment when called doesn’t clash with my hair appointment as that would be a difficult decision..... (only joking🙄).

Thanks for all you and your colleagues are doing for us all Jane.

Gill x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Great that your hub got some “Royal” support. I suspect quite a bit of that goes on without being reported.

A great shame that certain countries have cast doubt on the AZ vaccine but there’s not a lot that can be done about that apart from educating people.

I would hope that everyone called for their 2nd jabs will prioritise their vaccinations over most other things, but as you say I guess there will be some no shows. I’m just hoping my second jab appointment when called doesn’t clash with my hair appointment as that would be a difficult decision..... (only joking🙄).

Thanks for all you and your colleagues are doing for us all Jane.

Gill x

Thanks so much Gill.  Actually I have to admit that a clash with a hair appointment would be a hard decision for me - also joking but I've heard worse!  Too early, too late, what about my lunch, can someone drive me home afterwards, I'll miss the lunchtime news.  I really could write a book!  Jane.x

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

As my husband had his 2nd jab yesterday, I was interested as to why there is no name on the card, neither is there on mine, just the date, Batch No and name of the drug.  Then I found this online

https://www.parkmedicaltimperley.nhs.uk/covid-19-vaccination-cards-information-for-patients/

So to conclude Jean they are just a mere reminder for the person who was injected. The same would apply to a bus ticket , your name wrote upon it means nothing apart from you had that batch jab or rode upon that bus, unless you found the ticket /card in the street .

Thanks for the link as it proves it is a reminder card nothing else . 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

As my husband had his 2nd jab yesterday, I was interested as to why there is no name on the card, neither is there on mine, just the date, Batch No and name of the drug.  Then I found this online

https://www.parkmedicaltimperley.nhs.uk/covid-19-vaccination-cards-information-for-patients/

Thanks for the link Jean

Well I thought a card the size of a business card couldn't be that important!  Both my husband and I can print our patient records from our surgery which shows quite clearly our names, NHS numbers and our two jabs.

Also, if you look at the picture of the card in that link I put on, there is nowhere to put a name on it.  Mine is identical to that.  Nowhere for a name>UK Covid-19 vaccination cards will remind people to get a second dose - CNN

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I thought a card the size of a business card couldn't be that important!  Both my husband and I can print our patient records from our surgery which shows quite clearly our names, NHS numbers and our two jabs.

Also, if you look at the picture of the card in that link I put on, there is nowhere to put a name on it.  Mine is identical to that.  Nowhere for a name>UK Covid-19 vaccination cards will remind people to get a second dose - CNN

Jean,where it say's name at the top, is where we inserted our names,on the blue bit!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Next to where it says "Name" 

4 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Jean,where it say's name at the top, is where we inserted our names,on the blue bit!

Oh silly girl, I never even saw that.  Wonder why that wasn't clear to me.  Must be something about colours.  Even so, you would think they would write it in?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

How about the space that says name.? You could always use that🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My card is exactly the same, no name but vaccine type, batch number and date/time of second appointment. Apparently no electronic information from the GP either. Another can of worms, as if we have not enough to worry about on top of the insurance issue

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Same here. What they intend the card to be used for and what it is actually used for may be different.

Could come in handy for powering up the room in hotels and cruise cabins :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

My card is exactly the same, no name but vaccine type, batch number and date/time of second appointment. Apparently no electronic information from the GP either. Another can of worms, as if we have not enough to worry about on top of the insurance issue

I am sure your surgery can just print it off for you.

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh silly girl, I never even saw that.  Wonder why that wasn't clear to me.  Must be something about colours.  Even so, you would think they would write it in?

They wrote it in on mine!

I checked DH's card, no name just the date & time of his first jab, Pfizer batch number.  He has a paper telling him what to do if he has side effects and another one telling him the date and number to call the surgery to book his next appointment.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just checked ours, and the cards are complete, date, name, vaccine type and batch number.

Avril

When they gave me the card, I checked to see that it had been filled in, if not an ' excuse me miss ' may have done the trick. When DW had hers I said to make sure the card was filled in. Seems I am a rocket scientist 🤣

• Like 1

My "card" is simply a black & white photocopy of the details side.  I think the surgery ran out of cards.  I'd like to think that when I get jab #2 they will have the proper cards.  That said I can print off my Covid jab record with name, date, vaccine, NHS number etc anyway.

This vaccine production can be a profitable business. It has been reported that Pfizer will end their co-operation with BionTech when their current deal ends. Not that BionTek will care as they get 50% of the expected profits this year, a cool 13 BILLION dollars to share between them.

Meanwhile AstraZenica are being assailed from all sides, nothing to do with them producing the vaccine at cost though 🙄

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, davecttr said:

This vaccine production can be a profitable business.

If it wasn’t, pharma companies wouldn’t be overly interested in spending the time, effort and money it takes to develop drugs, vaccines, etc.... and we may have to go without.  As for your numbers, can’t comment on that, far too speculative for something that will be in great demand for years to come!

40 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

If it wasn’t, pharma companies wouldn’t be overly interested in spending the time, effort and money it takes to develop drugs, vaccines, etc.... and we may have to go without.  As for your numbers, can’t comment on that, far too speculative for something that will be in great demand for years to come!

Although I don't disagree with the fact they are companies with shareholders thus need to make a profit, I do think people forget how much money it takes to bring a drug to market.  I worked for one of the biggest drug companies and in research and development in the UK we had >5000 staff on site. For that number of people working, in my 20 yrs there we got 5 drugs from initial target to on the market.  That doesn't include the people working on site  running trials or those in the manufacturing process after approval which was undertaken elsewhere.  

• Like 2