New vaccine

hollyjess

As more countries suspend use of the AZ vaccine, I thought I would read what the scientists from Oxfotd are saying about the risk of blood clots and numbers reported per 100000 vaccinated. I don't intend repeating facts and figures, suffice to say percentages are very similar to what would be expected in normal times, in people unvaccinated.

I understand the need for caution but it seems there is overreaction from our Euro cousins, I wonder why ? They have been trashing the AZ vaccine for no good reason for weeks.

More for us if they don't want it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

As more countries suspend use of the AZ vaccine, I thought I would read what the scientists from Oxfotd are saying about the risk of blood clots and numbers reported per 100000 vaccinated. I don't intend repeating facts and figures, suffice to say percentages are very similar to what would be expected in normal times, in people unvaccinated.

I understand the need for caution but it seems there is overreaction from our Euro cousins, I wonder why ? They have been trashing the AZ vaccine for no good reason for weeks.

I looked at the numbers. A bit lower than normally exhibited in fact and about the same for each vaccine. If our european friends don't want it, their loss. As AZ produce it at cost and we have plenty, send theirs to the third world.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have said for some time that the EU bureaucrats are putting politics before the health of their own citizens.

• Like 10

I will admit to being a little concerned when it first came to light about the AZ vaccine and blood clots, as I take regular medication for high BP,  so did a little research myself and found the same results as bobstheboy. I have total confidence in our medical advisors and if there had been a genuine concern the very honest and outspoken JVT would have mentioned it. After all, we were told about the possible side effects of anaphilaxis even though the numbers were small in relation to the numbers vaccinated. The way they ask people to report any after effects can be very misleading. How do you honestly know that the symptoms you are experiencing are from the vaccine or if you would have suffered from them regardless? A case in point, 2 days after my friend had her jab she was rushed into hospital with sepsis and kidney problems, nothing to do with the vaccine, but another person with that same issue could have reported it as such. Give  a dozen people the same facts and you will end up with at least 10 different answers. 

Avril

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I will admit to being a little concerned when it first came to light about the AZ vaccine and blood clots, as I take regular medication for high BP,  so did a little research myself and found the same results as bobstheboy. I have total confidence in our medical advisors and if there had been a genuine concern the very honest and outspoken JVT would have mentioned it. After all, we were told about the possible side effects of anaphilaxis even though the numbers were small in relation to the numbers vaccinated. The way they ask people to report any after effects can be very misleading. How do you honestly know that the symptoms you are experiencing are from the vaccine or if you would have suffered from them regardless? A case in point, 2 days after my friend had her jab she was rushed into hospital with sepsis and kidney problems, nothing to do with the vaccine, but another person with that same issue could have reported it as such. Give  a dozen people the same facts and you will end up with at least 10 different answers. 

Avril

Where i used to work i reckon you'd get about 15 different answers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I messaged my friend a few days ago and she said her husband was waiting for an antibody test.

I’ve already said that I will post the outcome when I know.

I don’t really like your tone, talking about ‘claims’, so I won’t be responding to you personally in future, so there’s no point in you badgering for an answer. 

I believe the story I really do. When I had AZ last sunday. I was given my card when I was at reception desk. I was told to sit by the vaccination room and then called in. I could have walked out with that card and claimed I had it. I was surprised it was done that way allowing me to get the card before the shot. Once I had the shot I was told I could leave and there was no need to wait.

I just don't get why they never checked the CCTV cameras.

Edited by ace2542

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

One has to wonder if there have been any blood clots reported after the Pfizer vaccine. If not a single person has had one post-vaccine they've clearly found a cure for clotting as well as preventing covid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

We all need to be wary of the consequences of the vaccine side effects, it was only a matter of time before something cropped up. especially those with underlying conditions, who many will be taking various medications that can react to  new meds. The last figures I saw were 37 events from 13 million jabs. I wonder if the governments who have blocked the jabs will look into smoking, drinking, obesity and other lifestyle trends that are killing millions globally???

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Haha 1

I have a reaction to mushrooms and not the funny kind of mushrooms......are they next on the band list.....The EU need to grow up and get a grip TBH. I do feel for the people, struggling to make a living and things constantly pushed back by incompetent EU politicians....

I havent jad the jab yet however as soon as i can i will be arm and crack on

• Like 4

1 minute ago, the english lady said:

WQhats more worrying for the people of the EU, is their government has to now tell them that a Russian vaccine is safe. Would you trust anything the Russians told you

I get the point that you are making, but Pharmaceutical companies around the world have very strict regulations which are regularly audited to sell their products worldwide. One of the companies making Sputnik in India is the company I worked for and the plant is state of the art and very professionally run in compliance with the regulations, they also make millions of doses of flu vaccine which a lot of us are likely to have been injected with over the years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

As I said, neither you nor I yet know all the facts. All we have is a summarised version. I imagine the vaccine will prove perfectly safe, but judgments need to be based on full facts - not just brief summaries, newspaper headlines and sentiment.

If they sent for me for dose no2 of AZ tomorrow I would be there . Anyone else ?

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

As I said, neither you nor I yet know all the facts. All we have is a summarised version. I imagine the vaccine will prove perfectly safe, but judgments need to be based on full facts - not just brief summaries, newspaper headlines and sentiment.

The problem is that these facts are not usually attained quickly or easily, but one fact we can bank on is that if some people don't get vaccinated they will die, several European countries are seeing cases rise and we know that increased deaths follow.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

You wait for the full facts.  Good luck.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

If they sent for me for dose no2 of AZ tomorrow I would be there . Anyone else ?

I've had the first shot - and I'm not remotely concerned about the second (and probably third) shots. But I do respect the right of other countries, within or without the EU, to make decisions based on facts which I suspect we only know a little of.

They're currently holding decisions, and they'll probably OK the vaccine - but I have no evidence at all on which to form a judgment.  They do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

What we do know is that covid itself causes blood clots in a considerably larger number of people than this alleged side effect of the vaccine.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

What we do know is that covid itself causes blood clots in a considerably larger number of people than this alleged side effect of the vaccine.

When we went for our vaccinations  one of the first questions asked was  Do you take blood thinners?  I did wonder why at the time as we've never been asked that question before when having all the usual vaccinations.

Avril

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

When we went for our vaccinations  one of the first questions asked was  Do you take blood thinners?  I did wonder why at the time as we've never been asked that question before when having all the usual vaccinations.

Avril

That's a standard question Avril when anyone sticks a needle in you, so they know to apply extra pressure to avoid bruising, they always ask Pauline as she does take warfarin.

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That's a standard question Avril when anyone sticks a needle in you, so they know to apply extra pressure to avoid bruising, they always ask Pauline as she does take warfarin.

Strange, I have never been asked that question before until the covid jab.

Avril