New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I hope you do recognise the gratitude most of us feel for you all providing the healthcare we all need, in these difficult times.

However do you think you will be able to vaccinate at the required level, if not will it be shortage of staff or lack of supplies of vaccine?

Hello John. I'm sure most of us do recognise the fact that generally, gratitude and goodwill is felt towards us, and we're grateful for it - especially after a long and distressing day. But thanks so much for mentioning it.

With regard to the vaccine roll-out, until we have a directive from NHS England, I really don't know. We are all ready and waiting for a delivery ( or at least information about a delivery) and we can get going. Shortage of staff shouldn't be a problem because we're working in hubs of multiple staff to call on.  Our plan is 8-8, over 7 days, in shifts. Once I know more, I will post again.

Best wishes.

Jane

• Like 9

A close family friend of ours, aged 80, had her first jab before Christmas and is due the 2nd on 10/01 but this obviously could be cancelled. According to The Times today AstraZeneca are expecting to be able to deliver 2 million doses per week in just over a fortnight.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure you and your colleagues are stretched to breaking point and that is appreciated greatly, but couldn't you just review that list. As a person who wrote quality manuals and procedures I can suggest.

9. Fire Safety, Level 1.( Leave extinguishers to level 2.)🤣

If it was up to me Zap99 I would review ALL the forms we are required to complete. A lot of them, not all, are box-ticking exercises. We have no say in which hoops we have to jump through. It's  a case of fill in the form, do the training, or you don't vaccinate. Simple as. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I have never given an injection in my life, but I'll have a go if it helps.

You know how to stick your oar in zap, so with a little more finesse I'm sure you could manage a syringe.🤣😉

Just joking zap, but with an opening like that I simply couldn't resist

Avril

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I hope you do recognise the gratitude most of us feel for you all providing the healthcare we all need, in these difficult times.

However do you think you will be able to vaccinate at the required level, if not will it be shortage of staff or lack of supplies of vaccine?

Of course I recognise that the public are mostly grateful for what we do but it does get a tad irritating when you see posts that are implying that we don’t know what we’re doing!

My Trust is scheduled to start our vaccinations on 11th January and we’re organised as best we can be. In terms of we are able to vaccinate at the required rate well we certainly have the staffing for it and if the schools close then we will have even more staff available to vaccinate as our school nursing services won’t be fully operational as a result. 

What we don’t yet know is the level of demand for the vaccine in our populations and whether vaccine supply will impinge on our delivery. I’m not back in until Monday but fully expect there to be a lot more information available as the situation is moving so rapidly.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You know how to stick your oar in zap, so with a little more finesse I'm sure you could manage a syringe.🤣😉

Avril

Thanks Avril. It seems simple to me. Various documents like ISO 9001, 14001 etc have a fundamental principle. Don't give somebody a task to do useless they are trained to do it. Lay people and people operating those procedures may not agree with every line , but as experts on here have said. Just get on with it and get jabbing.😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Of course I recognise that the public are mostly grateful for what we do but it does get a tad irritating when you see posts that are implying that we don’t know what we’re doing!

My Trust is scheduled to start our vaccinations on 11th January and we’re organised as best we can be. In terms of we are able to vaccinate at the required rate well we certainly have the staffing for it and if the schools close then we will have even more staff available to vaccinate as our school nursing services won’t be fully operational as a result. 

What we don’t yet know is the level of demand for the vaccine in our populations and whether vaccine supply will impinge on our delivery. I’m not back in until Monday but fully expect there to be a lot more information available as the situation is moving so rapidly.

We're in a similar position to you Lancashire_cruisers but have the advantage of knowing our population number. It sounds as though your organisation is much bigger, and more fluid, than my general practice. What I do know is that our patients are getting jumpy and exasperated by the fact that we don't seem to know anything - which we don’t!

I've just looked back over some of my posts and they are all so serious. I used to be quite good fun pre-Covid!

Jane

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I for one empathise with your frustrations. I think I said about a squillion posts ago, I will leave it to the experts. If the NHS need my help, I'm sure they will ask. If they don't ask, I will assume they have it all under control.

• Like 1

TV news is showing AZ vaccine being distributed.  Let’s hope that means everything starts getting into gear right away

I’ve always rather resented the way the country goes into a stupor between mid December and the first week of January - I’ve hated it this year.  So much needing to be done

(I should add that I’m sure a lot of people have actually given up the majority of their free time this year, in lots of capacities)

2 hours ago, tring said:

This has not just been done now, someone did post an advert from a while before Christmas.  I do think August would have been silly though, for a job that is just temporary and probably just on a work when needed basis and they would have had no idea then what was/was not needed.  They have been preparing for a month or two now with buildings being arranged for use as needed.

If you remember people were being asked to volunteer for roles way back at the beginning of the pandemic.

On our local lists of locations is McLaren. I will go there if offered and have a look at the racing cars. I would prefer it if  the chap who changes the wheels stays away from my arm. 3.5 seconds per jab may speed up delivery a bit though.🤣

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

TV news is showing AZ vaccine being distributed.  Let’s hope that means everything starts getting into gear right away

I’ve always rather resented the way the country goes into a stupor between mid December and the first week of January - I’ve hated it this year.  So much needing to be done

(I should add that I’m sure a lot of people have actually given up the majority of their free time this year, in lots of capacities)

I seem to recall it being mentioned that the staff of the regulator was working all over Christmas, as I guess many were. It must be extremely tedious to read all the posts saying how everything us wrong. Thank you all you folk, your efforts to save our lives are much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I seem to recall it being mentioned that the staff of the regulator was working all over Christmas, as I guess many were. It must be extremely tedious to read all the posts saying how everything us wrong. Thank you all you folk, your efforts to save our lives are much appreciated.

I agree Zap, I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own fears and frustrations that we forget that vaccines have been produced in 9 months instead of years, thousands of our population are working tirelessly to get us safely out of this pandemic and the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine was only approved 4 days ago despite it feeling like a lifetime. We need to give them a chance before casting too many judgements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just saw on the news that the Astra Zenica vaccine has started to be delivered to hospitals in preparation to start the vaccinations early next week.  I am hoping that my birthday at the end of March will bring me a vaccine as a present, if not at least we are moving closer to being vaccinated.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I've just looked back over some of my posts and they are all so serious. I used to be quite good fun pre-Covid!

That's one of the things we will all need to help us through this crisis Jane. A sense of humour😊

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Too many people believe the scaremongering stories that the media churn out by the hour. I see the latest one is about the mixing and matching of vaccines. 

My partner works for the NHS and had his jab a couple of weeks ago. The vaccine hub was set up overnight and has been running perfectly, from what I've heard. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's one of the things we will all need to help us through this crisis Jane. A sense of humour😊

Avril

You're so right Avril. I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend looking for mine. X

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

We're in a similar position to you Lancashire_cruisers but have the advantage of knowing our population number. It sounds as though your organisation is much bigger, and more fluid, than my general practice. What I do know is that our patients are getting jumpy and exasperated by the fact that we don't seem to know anything - which we don’t!

Jane

Hi Jane

Yes we provide services over a large area - so that’s fun! I feel like I’ve lost my sense of humour too 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beckett said:

You're so right Avril. I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend looking for mine. X

My wife and I share the same sense of humour.

We have to because she doesn’t have one.:classic_unsure:

Only kidding she has got one really as she married me  :classic_love:

Let me help you find it .. There it is, it's within your heart where you left it  :classic_smile:

And that goes for you too Lancashire Cruiser :classic_biggrin:

Keep smiling your doing fine :classic_wink:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Try not to  (lose your sense of humour - Kalos beat me to the post.  I was responding to Lancashire Cruisers) - it doesn’t half help keep things in kilter.  We normally look to Kalos as our resident comedian!  

Back to serious ...

This is really interesting, from the Sky News website.  Chart showing the various classes of “injectees” and the number of jabs needed to prevent 1 death in each of those classes

3A8EA74B-5F89-4C7B-B887-7A3D168BAEDD.png

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

On our local lists of locations is McLaren. I will go there if offered and have a look at the racing cars. I would prefer it if  the chap who changes the wheels stays away from my arm. 3.5 seconds per jab may speed up delivery a bit though.🤣

That's 3.5 seconds for all 4 wheels,  so they could probably do both arms and legs in that time, but I won't  tell Matty just in case it gives him ideas! 😉

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Could you look for mine at the same time too, please🤨

You don't need one where you live. Just watch the seagulls pinching the grockles chips. Here's one I took in August. Guess where.

IMG_20200905_123655_2.jpg

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

😇😂

Edited by grapau27