2022-2023 Itineraries?

tromvest

41 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I wish they would make a start on releasing 2022 Europe itineraries. There are no cruises to Lift and Shift  my 2021 ones to.

Fortunately X has extended their L&S until January 31. It won’t help unless they first release the remaining 2022 itineraries and secondly extend the L& S option past the May 2021 expiration date. 

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

Fortunately X has extended their L&S until January 31. It won’t help unless they first release the remaining 2022 itineraries and secondly extend the L& S option past the May 2021 expiration date. 

Currently the L&S program states any 2021 cruise can be moved to 2022.  I've done mock changes for my March 2021 to March of 2022 with no problems. Not sure if your comment about May of 2021 was typo, or from a previous announcement, but so far everything in 2022 appears to be available. I'd expect once the new itineraries are released for the remainder of 2022 a lot of options will become available. 

4 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Currently the L&S program states any 2021 cruise can be moved to 2022.  I've done mock changes for my March 2021 to March of 2022 with no problems. Not sure if your comment about May of 2021 was typo, or from a previous announcement, but so far everything in 2022 appears to be available. I'd expect once the new itineraries are released for the remainder of 2022 a lot of options will become available. 

I would love to be able to L/S my July 2021 British Isles to 2022...Watching for the itineraries to be released and have that option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Not sure if your comment about May of 2021 was typo, or from a previous announcement, but so far everything in 2022 appears to be available. I'd expect once the new itineraries are released for the remainder of 2022 a lot of options will become available. 

Unfortunately there are not any European itineraries in 2022 yet. I have an April 2021 European cruise booked and would hate to get to final payment without a L&S option. I have booked at a very good price.

The original poster asked specifically if anyone had any idea when European cruises would be available? What is the usual date for this? 

As there's new information that two Millennium-Class ships may go to Pullmantur in 2021 I am sure Celebrity would need to re-arrange any deployment. So due to the two disappearing ships from the Celebrity fleet I am sure it takes a little more time for releasing a new deployment with this new fleet structure...

37 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

As there's new information that two Millennium-Class ships may go to Pullmantur in 2021 I am sure Celebrity would need to re-arrange any deployment. So due to the two disappearing ships from the Celebrity fleet I am sure it takes a little more time for releasing a new deployment with this new fleet structure...

This rumor has been around for awhile, what new information have you seen?

7 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I don't share your expectations.  I think they will complete most if not all of the cancellations and clear the decks of all of these reservations before they release many more itineraries for 22 and 23.  They want to end the lift and shift and force people to book at inflated prices with FCCs.

31 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This rumor has been around for awhile, what new information have you seen?

Those ones here - sounds pretty concrete: https://www.cruises-info.com/2020/11/pullmantur-cruises-update-2-millenium.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR1qp-Wo48C0gJ3P76UmcJFooxX9mZVDBkj_3n-f6wXMkVXwLLWoxEMgma4

Edited by shipfriend_max

9 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

If I was a Pullmantur customer, I would still take the refund instead of any FCC or L&S offer.

Here's something from the previous article on Pullmantur.  The staff doesn't sound happy and the viability plan is in question.

"With no staff, no ships, no headquarters and with a one-year horizon to operate again, the staff has rebelled against the opacity of the insolvency administrator (Insolvency Data) when it comes to providing them with information on the process, especially in what is refers to the viability plan, and has shown his indignation at the difficult personal situations that some of those affected by the ERTE are experiencing."

Edited by ipeeinthepool

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

I would love to be able to L/S my July 2021 British Isles to 2022...Watching for the itineraries to be released and have that option.

I have a Med cruise booked for July that due to shenanigans by the City of New York with the final retro pay lump sum teachers should have gotten in October (thanks to arbitration we got half in October and will get the second half in July...but not in time for the cruise, which was booked based on that entire payment so as not to go into debt) I'm not going to be able to take and am hoping that when they put the schedule out they will extend L&S.

(Also wishing they'd make a call for February - we are PAST final payment, so... - so I can make other plans for that school break if it's not going to be a go. With Celebrity's new scheme which punishes solo cruisers even more than usual if we want to upgrade the "Always Included" bit, I'm thinking that Summer 2022 will be the last cruise I do on Celebrity assuming I can L&S that one. If not, I'll likely be just giving Celebrity that deposit - since I only pay deposits when I actually have the money, it's not like I've been missing it so it'll suck, but not cripple me financially.)

31 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I have a Med cruise booked for July that due to shenanigans by the City of New York with the final retro pay lump sum teachers should have gotten in October (thanks to arbitration we got half in October and will get the second half in July...but not in time for the cruise, which was booked based on that entire payment so as not to go into debt) I'm not going to be able to take and am hoping that when they put the schedule out they will extend L&S.

(Also wishing they'd make a call for February - we are PAST final payment, so... - so I can make other plans for that school break if it's not going to be a go. With Celebrity's new scheme which punishes solo cruisers even more than usual if we want to upgrade the "Always Included" bit, I'm thinking that Summer 2022 will be the last cruise I do on Celebrity assuming I can L&S that one. If not, I'll likely be just giving Celebrity that deposit - since I only pay deposits when I actually have the money, it's not like I've been missing it so it'll suck, but not cripple me financially.)

Yep totally agree.  Carnival/Princess, HAL have made the announcement, time for RCL/Celebrity to do the same for what they already know will be the reality.  I think not doing so, even more so than the AI, will result in more erosion from their passengers. 

• Like 1

Back to the first question...

Princess is apparently releasing their European schedule on December 1st. 

Any idea of Celebrity's timing?  I have a BTB booked on Constellation in September and now it seems likely that she will be leaving the fleet. This cruise is cursed (if moved/canceled, it will be the third time...).

27 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Back to the first question...

Princess is apparently releasing their European schedule on December 1st. 

Any idea of Celebrity's timing?  I have a BTB booked on Constellation in September and now it seems likely that she will be leaving the fleet. This cruise is cursed (if moved/canceled, it will be the third time...).

If you think it cursed, perhaps cancel it now, get the $ back, make decision later for another ship.

18 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't share your expectations.  I think they will complete most if not all of the cancellations and clear the decks of all of these reservations before they release many more itineraries for 22 and 23.  They want to end the lift and shift and force people to book at inflated prices with FCCs.

If what you expect is true, Why would Celebrity extend the expiration date for the L&S?  By allowing the L&S option to expire Celebrity would have accomplished the same thing sooner.  

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have one very good reason: $1700 shipboard credit that I would stand to lose, plus a very good price on the cruise itself.

Is the $1700 OBC money from your pocket?  If so, I sort of get it, but if not, it is a paper loss.  Peace of mind, especially when it does not cost us $ is priceless.

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Is the $1700 OBC money from your pocket?  If so, I sort of get it, but if not, it is a paper loss.  Peace of mind, especially when it does not cost us $ is priceless.

Thanks for the gratis advice. :classic_dry:. But wouldn't NOT having the OBC cost me $$ when I had to pay for all the "required" ship excursions out of my own pocket??

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks for the gratis advice. :classic_dry:. But wouldn't NOT having the OBC cost me $$ when I had to pay for all the "required" ship excursions out of my own pocket??

YIKES, sorry.  Was a legit question.  I frankly hesitated before I sent, because many of your posts are so negative, sorry to have bothered you.  Whatever you decide, cest la vie!

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If what you expect is true, Why would Celebrity extend the expiration date for the L&S?  By allowing the L&S option to expire Celebrity would have accomplished the same thing sooner.  

Extending the date is only half the equation if you don’t have choices.  I don’t expect to see new itineraries until the L&S date for bookings expires in January. If they need to issue refunds at that point, that will be ok because the return to cruising should be within sight and they plan to sell the future cruises at higher fares. Extending the date was just another way to keep your money for awhile longer.