Next HAL promo “View and Verandah” starts 12/10

AtlantaCruiser72

Could be worthwhile depending on how much fares are increased to support it.

It’s hard to get too excited about any pricing deals with the uncertainty of when HAL will actually sail and just how onerous the onboard restrictions will be though.

• Like 2

My account is so messed up right now I am not even considering another cruise (until the one I have booked and the cancelled one (formerly 4) credit is firmed up).  I hope that HAL realizes that accounting is costing them bookings.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

How does it work to upgrade from outside cabin to verandah?  Do they assign best available or do prices go up depending on the category?

Usually they price the lowest priced (often an obstructed) ocean view at the price of the top category inside and lowest Verandah at highest category of ocean view price.  Could be different this go around, or not, never know. 

I'm not giving HAL or any other cruise line any more money until cruising actually resumes and I know what's involved. 

I have a December 2021 river cruise booked that I fully expect will sail.  I booked it pre-Covid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ski ww said:

I'd be interested in something for summer / fall of 2022, have to book something by the end of this month with our FCC.

Are you sure?  According to my original cancellation email issued this summer the FCC is good for one year from the date of issue.  Here is the quote from my email

The Future Cruise Credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022.

20 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

With the “Have it All” promo sun setting 12/8 HAL have announced their next promo which will be “View and Verandah” which will have a few tweaks over past years.

Thanks for sending out information like this, as you do from time to time. I find it helpful, as do others I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Are you sure?  According to my original cancellation email issued this summer the FCC is good for one year from the date of issue.  Here is the quote from my email

The Future Cruise Credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022.

My account says that my FCC is valid if I sail before Dec. 31, 2022 also.

Most importantly and what the post you answered may be talking about, is that FCC must be booked by a different date. @ski ww is stating by the end of the month. My FCC which originally had that booking date has now been extended to May 5, 2021. 

Everyone should log on and check their accounts for that Book By date to see if it's been extended.

• Like 1

Just now, seaoma said:

Everyone should log on and check their accounts for that Book By date to see if it's been extended.

Assuming you can see your FCC 😉. Mine has been used for a booking in November next year so I can’t see it now.  When it came up, I know it said book by Dec./2020

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Assuming you can see your FCC 😉. Mine has been used for a booking in November next year so I can’t see it now.  When it came up, I know it said book by Dec./2020

I didn't really want to like your comment because I didn't think that was the correct response.

You did what they originally wanted, I guess? If for some reason they would cancel your cruise, what would happen to that FCC then? If for some reason you canceled, what would happen to that FCC?

3 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I didn't really want to like your comment because I didn't think that was the correct response.

You did what they originally wanted, I guess? If for some reason they would cancel your cruise, what would happen to that FCC then? If for some reason you canceled, what would happen to that FCC?

That is my question.  I’m hoping that the post in the FCC thread is correct and they would extend it.  Mind you, I’m very hopeful on this cruise with it leaving in November.  By then, hopefully the vaccine will be out and hopefully it will be safe to cruise and travel again 🤞 I chose the date deliberately.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, seaoma said:

So here is my sad tale and perhaps by example it will shed some light.  I booked a November 2019 32 day cruise with a FCD purchased in April 2019, $300 per person.  That cruise was cancelled in August 2020 and I was offered a $600 FCC per person if I were to book by December 2020 for a cruise in 2021. I booked the VOV July 2021.  That cruise was moved to 2022, ship unverified, date unverified, itinerary unverified.  That was not acceptable to me so I was given 3 options (as quoted to me via an email sent to my TA):  

1) Allow Holland America to move you to  the most similar cruise in 2022
with additional on-board credit $150 per person. Booking to arrive stating all details by Dec. 15th 2020.
2) Have your deposit returned to your Mariner Account as a Future Cruise Credit to be applied to a new cruise by the end of 2022.
3) Request a full refund.

I did not request a detail on option 2, my understanding was it needed to be booked, not sailed, but don't take my word on that as I decided to take the $1200 cash.  My reason for my choice are beyond the scope of this discussion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

So here is my sad tale and perhaps by example it will shed some light.  I booked a November 2019 32 day cruise with a FCD purchased in April 2019, $300 per person.  That cruise was cancelled in August 2020 and I was offered a $600 FCC per person if I were to book by December 2020 for a cruise in 2021. I booked the VOV July 2021.  That cruise was moved to 2022, ship unverified, date unverified, itinerary unverified.  That was not acceptable to me so I was given 3 options (as quoted to me via an email sent to my TA):  

1) Allow Holland America to move you to  the most similar cruise in 2022
with additional on-board credit $150 per person. Booking to arrive stating all details by Dec. 15th 2020.
2) Have your deposit returned to your Mariner Account as a Future Cruise Credit to be applied to a new cruise by the end of 2022.
3) Request a full refund.

I did not request a detail on option 2, my understanding was it needed to be booked, not sailed, but don't take my word on that as I decided to take the $1200 cash.  My reason for my choice are beyond the scope of this discussion

Thanks for telling me your experience. 

9 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@Mary229 if the only monies on the original/or new bookings were the $300pp FCD and you request a refund you will only get $600 back, not $1200.  The bonus $300pp FCC has NO cash value and will be forfeit if you request a refund.

Actually, shockingly, not.  They tell me they are sending the entire $1200/2 people.  I am with you on this and I triple checked.  I will confirm the results when money is in hand.  My decision would not have been swayed in any event.  Late 2022 is too far out for me to plan

• Like 1

I know it won't happen, but after 5 cruises cancelled (all booked well prior to Covid) I wish HAL would let you rebook at the original price and perks that were offered. I think after my April cruise is cancelled I'll request a refund. It will be a long time before I book again. All-inclusives are looking better and better.

Edited by Charlie1422
  • Like 1

Waiting on a refund and an FCC from two recently cancelled cruises. Will wait until that's resolved before any new monies are put down. I am sure they realize they could improve future bookings by quickly resolving the recent cancelled cruises, but they have to get new money on new bookings before they give refunds. 

• Like 2