Reactions to Pfizer Vaccine in Juneau

donaldsc

3 hours ago, KEN W said:

Had Pfizer 5 days ago. Waited 15 min there then home.....Not even a sore arm. I always get a sore arm from the regular yearly flu vaccine. Wife didn't get anything either.

We had the Moderna vaccine also 5 days ago. I had a sore arm, DW did not. Earlier when we had our yearly flu shots, it was DW who had a sore arm.

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We had the Moderna vaccine also 5 days ago. I had a sore arm, DW did not. Earlier when we had our yearly flu shots, it was DW who had a sore arm.

I had my Pfizer today.  No sore arm but I was really tired today and I slept for about 5 or 6 hours this afternoon.

DON

14 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I had my Pfizer today.  No sore arm but I was really tired today and I slept for about 5 or 6 hours this afternoon.

Just the opposite for me.  Sore arm with the first Pfizer shot, but the second shot made me very tired.  

On 1/27/2021 at 6:28 AM, KEN W said:

Had Pfizer 5 days ago. Waited 15 min there then home.....Not even a sore arm. I always get a sore arm from the regular yearly flu vaccine. Wife didn't get anything either.

Had the exact same experience. 

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am having the second dose of the Pfizer on Wednesday.

I remember you posting after your first vaccination that you had severe headaches and had a doctor's appointment to check that out. Was that determined to be coincidental, not a side effect from the vaccination?

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I remember you posting after your first vaccination that you had severe headaches and had a doctor's appointment to check that out. Was that determined to be coincidental, not a side effect from the vaccination?

I went to my Neurologist on Wednesday .One of the many medical problems that I suffer from is Hydrocephalus which according to my doctor sometimes causes headaches.I am going for an MRI of the brain next Friday.My doctor believes that the headaches are not due to the vaccine but merely coincidental.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, clo said:

So your doctor has approved this considering your hypertension and other issues?

Most medical issues are not contra indicators for getting the currently approved vaccines. You are aware that most people in medical care facilities are advised to get vaccinated. They are the people who need it most it seems.

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

Had the first shot of the Moderna on Wednesday; barely felt the needle; sore arm and a bit tired yesterday. Other than that just ecstatic to be vaccinated! 😊😊🍷

My friends in Berkeley also had the vaccine on Wednesday.They expected to have it weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 1:37 PM, 2wheelin said:

Most medical issues are not contra indicators for getting the currently approved vaccines. You are aware that most people in medical care facilities are advised to get vaccinated. They are the people who need it most it seems.

Absolutely. We may be moving into a "senior living" place within the next year. They didn't require it of staff and residents but got 100% participation.

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope I can say the same thing when I get the second dose on Wednesday.

Best wishes.  I have read--online--that sometimes the second dose causes a reaction that did not occur after the first dose.  Everybody's body and chemistry differs.  Be optimistic.  Once you acquire the second dose, you will have much better expected immunity from this dam virus than even the flu vaccine provides.  

• Like 2

Just now, rkacruiser said:

Best wishes.  I have read--online--that sometimes the second dose causes a reaction that did not occur after the first dose.  Everybody's body and chemistry differs.  Be optimistic.  Once you acquire the second dose, you will have much better expected immunity from this dam virus than even the flu vaccine provides.  

I have an MRI scheduled for the Friday .I have been told that some people develop a fever 48 hours after the second dose.My plan is to get a note from the person administering the vaccine to the effect that I had the vaccine on Feb.3 because if I come to the MRI facility on Feb.5 with a fever they will not let me in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Probably already does - Moderna is 80% effective a couple of weeks after the 1st shot - Pfizer about 70& 

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

my father got the vaccine as part of his trial snd that was his experience. No side effects from the first shot but mild flu like symptoms after the second shot for a day.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sanger727 said:

my father got the vaccine as part of his trial snd that was his experience. No side effects from the first shot but mild flu like symptoms after the second shot for a day.

Thanks for confirming what I have read.  I'll plan for such to happen after I get my second dose and not have any definite plans for something that needs to be done.  It I don't get that reaction, so much the better.  

14 hours ago, goldengirl123 said:

Forgive me if I am missing something , but does the vaccine just help make symptoms less if you do get covid so therefore you have less of a risk of being hospitalized or die from covid??   So therefore , everyone who gets the vaccine could still very well get covid???

I understand that, even if the vaccine is not 100% effective in preventing Covid, is essentially 100% effective in preventing a serious case.  So it is only those (5% or so in the case of Pfizer) who are not completely protected who will still get Covid.  

30 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I understand that, even if the vaccine is not 100% effective in preventing Covid, is essentially 100% effective in preventing a serious case.  So it is only those (5% or so in the case of Pfizer) who are not completely protected who will still get Covid.  

I think you should change the last line from "who will still get Covid" to "who could theoretically still get Covid". Also true for Moderna at 94.5%.