Seasons Greetings

Thanks David and for your pics. Merry Christmas to all my CC friends, it has been a tough year for all. Hope you get on a ship in 2021.

Thanks for you support to me personally.

chrissie.jpg.85cf56f3b5314e0aa07631b0dcb1d194.jpg2

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I can't get the $20 WA crayfish from Coles or Woolworths. They sell out as soon as the arrive.☹️

We have tried to get one the past three days without success. Our local Woolies have signs up  saying they don't know when they will receive their next shipment in. Rob is very disappointed! He was at both Woolies and Coles just after they opened this morning - they are on opposite sides of the road.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I can't get the $20 WA crayfish from Coles or Woolworths. They sell out as soon as the arrive.☹️

My local Coles was selling lobsters from Canada vacuum sealed.  Crazy to think we send them to China and then buy them from Canada.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ondine said:

My local Coles was selling lobsters from Canada vacuum sealed.  Crazy to think we send them to China and then buy them from Canada.

That's because Aussie lobsters are usually too expensive for locals to buy. 😡

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's because Aussie lobsters are usually too expensive for locals to buy. 😡

The Lobster and Cray industry here has had exorbitant prices for years, I never bought them, too expensive for me. Only times in my life I have had lobster or crays is on the Princess ships. Now the industry is back to reality, stlll making their money.

• Like 1

Years ago, whenever we visited my parents,  we would go to Port Fairy and buy crays at rhe co-op. Nowadays,  the co-op is no more and the site is an upmarket restaurant which has a fish and chippery selling take away Friday to Sunday. Flake is about $2-$3 more than what we pay at our local. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Lobster and Cray industry here has had exorbitant prices for years, I never bought them, too expensive for me. Only times in my life I have had lobster or crays is on the Princess ships. Now the industry is back to reality, stlll making their money.

We buy one occasionally for special occasions. We don't need a very big one so it works out cheaper than going out to a nice restaurant for dinner especially when you factor in Uber costs as well.

• Like 1

Basically the only seafood we get for the festive period  is Prawns

from Spencer Gulf SA..... caught,cooked and frozen at sea

Buy a week or two before Christmas and put the freezer....   ready.... thaw peel eat and wash down with  a good riesling or a sparkling

Also nothing like a nice piece of beef and a good shiraz to celebrate 

But that is just us... generally just the two of us christmas day,

and have dinner with Mum on Boxing day... ( this year a roast beef  with yorkshire pud )

Don

I really don't like precooked prawns. For a starter they never remove the poo chute. I like freshly cooked prawns though, as long as they're properly cleaned.

For some odd reason I can't eat roast beef anymore, it makes me nauseous. 😪 It may be the fat. I can still handle a well trimmed steak  thank goodness.

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I really don't like precooked prawns. For a starter they never remove the poo chute. I like freshly cooked prawns though, as long as they're properly cleaned.

For some odd reason I can't eat roast beef anymore, it makes me nauseous. 😪 It may be the fat. I can still handle a well trimmed steak  thank goodness.

If ever down this way and you want the best and well trimmed steak, you need to come to my favourite, Donegans Steakhouse, 

donegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

Dinner tonight was Luv-a-Duck roast duck breasts with a spiced cherry brandy sauce, rosemary potatoes and green beans. The duck was very nice, it just needed heating for about 12 minutes. The sauce was dead easy too. Tinned cherries, brandy, mixed spice, a lityle sugar that wasn't really needed, and a cornflour slurry to thicken it

The duck has quite a long use by date so I might keep some in the fridge for when I want an easy meal.

8 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I pretty much gave up trying to get them. The fish shop sells them too but for $10 more still cheaper than usual so worth it IMO😁

Edited by ilikeanswers