Seasons Greetings

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

So being that you guys are hours ahead of us, it's Christmas Eve there already (Yes I know you are well aware of that😉) I thought I would send a little tune.

I'll send a Canadian one tomorrow. Cheers everyone enjoy your Christmas Eve. If you are gathering together please be safe. If you have made that hard choice to pass the big gathering this year, respect and best wishes to you.

Oh dear Rolf Harris, glad he went to UK. Not my favourite artiste for various reasons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear Rolf Harris, glad he went to UK. Not my favourite artiste for various reasons.

I really don't know anything about the guy, I wasn't sure how that would go over. I remember the tune from years ago and it seems like fun. I take it as the Oz version of Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer.

Wait for the Canadian one for tomorrow pure satire on Canadian Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I really don't know anything about the guy, I wasn't sure how that would go over. I remember the tune from years ago and it seems like fun. I take it as the Oz version of Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer.

Wait for the Canadian one for tomorrow pure satire on Canadian Christmas.

Lyle, you had better ask Mr Wilkpedia.  Harris spent several decades in UK, including a few as a guest of HM Prisons.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So being that you guys are hours ahead of us, it's Christmas Eve there already (Yes I know you are well aware of that😉) I thought I would send a little tune.

It is all sorts of wrong hearing him do children voices 😳

Edited by ilikeanswers

Well it looks like I have caused some upset with my musical selection, I was unaware of the problem with the artist. Deepest apologies.

on that note may I offer this instead

I hope this is more enjoyable.

To everyone I wish you peace, good health during this festive season.

• Like 1

Well  it is Christmas again...... quiet one tomorrow... go round to mum's for morning tea... she going out with friends to lunch.... and we will have boxing night dinner with her...

So a nice lunch with some sparkling ( hot rolls, smoked salmon, tuna dip and some cheddar )

then Dinner Prawns served with chips and veg and salad with reisling...

So to all of you ...have a good day tomorrow... and best wishes    Don and Magda

( time for a G&T )

• Like 2

We've started our Christmas feasting. Pate and crusty bread for starters. DH is German by birth and his family always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. My family always celebrated it on Christmas Day. We do both! 😊

When we used to go to Melbourne for Christmas with our family we mostly celebrated it with them on Christmas Day so used to have a simple special dinner on Christmas Eve. If we were able to get down there on the 23rd we'd go to Prahran markets and get a crayfish, some crusty bread and salad stuff that we could easily throw together in whatever holiday apartment we were staying in. That has become a tradition with us now so we'll be having our lobster with some wicked homemade potato salad, and green salad.

Tomorrow we'll have turkey, which I love, and which will give us lots of leftover turkey for lunches and turkey croquettes one night for dinner.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. I know for some of you it's not the Christmas you were hoping for though. Hopefully the vaccine will be available as scheduled so by mid-year the Covid threat will be largely controlled. Hmmm, that sounds like a good excuse for a mid-year Yulefest. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've started our Christmas feasting. Pate and crusty bread for starters. DH is German by birth and his family always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. My family always celebrated it on Christmas Day. We do both! 😊

When we used to go to Melbourne for Christmas with our family we mostly celebrated it with them on Christmas Day so used to have a simple special dinner on Christmas Eve. If we were able to get down there on the 23rd we'd go to Prahran markets and get a crayfish, some crusty bread and salad stuff that we could easily throw together in whatever holiday apartment we were staying in. That has become a tradition with us now so we'll be having our lobster with some wicked homemade potato salad, and green salad.

Tomorrow we'll have turkey, which I love, and which will give us lots of leftover turkey for lunches and turkey croquettes one night for dinner.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. I know for some of you it's not the Christmas you were hoping for though. Hopefully the vaccine will be available as scheduled so by mid-year the Covid threat will be largely controlled. Hmmm, that sounds like a good excuse for a mid-year Yulefest. 

We had garlic prawns and salad for our Christmas Eve dinner which has become the tradition for us. I will have a Baileys on ice shortly while I watch Carols By Candlelight. Tomorrow, we will be at our daughter's and son in law's with his parents and brother and his wife. Our son,  daugter in law and granddaughters will be with in laws and will come to us later in the day. We have a fairly traditional Christmas lunch with turkey, ham, pork, roast spuds and either hot veggies or salads and my tomato and onion pie. We finish with plum puddding, cream and custard and usuallu another dessert for those who don't want plum pudding. I made the pudding a couple of months ago and this morning made another dessert which is vanilla sponge, choc chip mint ice cream and finished on top with mini flake bars. 

Have a wonderful day everyone. Sydneysiders, I hope you all have the opportunity to catch up with family which I realise may be difficult for those in the Northern Beaches area.

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Special Message to our mate, Les.

We know this is a hard day for you today, so just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Julie & Rolf

Count me as another who us thinking of you mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Merry Christmas to my down under friends

As I mentioned yesterday here is a classic Canadian comedy Christmas song.

Hope you get a chuckle out of this Les, it's Canadjian Eh

I couldn’t get that to work Lyle,Hauwei probably blocked it .LOL

He is the Australian culture attaché, at Christmas he moonlights as Santa.

19 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Merry Christmas to my down under friends

As I mentioned yesterday here is a classic Canadian comedy Christmas song.

Hope you get a chuckle out of this Les, it's Canadjian Eh

As Chili pointed out, not working.

I just imagine it is Bob and Doug McKenzie doing a song from the great white north.

27 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

As Chili pointed out, not working.

I just imagine it is Bob and Doug McKenzie doing a song from the great white north.

Sorry to hear it's not working, it is indeed Bob & Doug doing "The 12 days of Christmas" in a purely Canadjan way.

We have managed to have Lynn's Mom over for Christmas brunch, she is happy to get away from her assisted living residence for a few hours.

buffet.thumb.jpg.9f879a58554204943de6c40c762da67f.jpg

I even found some Australian cheddar cheese for the deli plate, we all quite enjoyed it. Lynn's mom was so happy, it was nice to have her "home" for the first time since August.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Sorry to hear it's not working, it is indeed Bob & Doug doing "The 12 days of Christmas" in a purely Canadjan way.

We have managed to have Lynn's Mom over for Christmas brunch, she is happy to get away from her assisted living residence for a few hours.

buffet.thumb.jpg.9f879a58554204943de6c40c762da67f.jpg

I even found some Australian cheddar cheese for the deli plate, we all quite enjoyed it. Lynn's mom was so happy, it was nice to have her "home" for the first time since August.

Unbelievable, you need to start a catering business Lyle, give the chisels away.

On 12/25/2020 at 11:42 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Special Message to our mate, Les.

We know this is a hard day for you today, so just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Julie & Rolf

Thank you Julie and Rolf, I finally know your names and thanks to everyone with your thoughts.. Yes, been a tough couple of days on my own, worst bloody christmas in my lifetime, even worse then when I worked many Christmases away from my wife and children.

Thank Goodness for Facetime,  with family. And wine and cricket, ham for brekkie, ham for lunch, ham for dinner had enough of it. Enjoy the rest of the season my friends, god bless you all.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Had my cruise fix today watching SBS and Coral Adventure (or Coral Whatever) doing the Kimberlys to Darwin - much better than watching the Ghan through Central Australia.  It was really good for watching and wasting the afternoon away.

Sorry you had a bad day Les, hope things get better for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Had my cruise fix today watching SBS and Coral Adventure (or Coral Whatever) doing the Kimberlys to Darwin - much better than watching the Ghan through Central Australia.  It was really good for watching and wasting the afternoon away.

Sorry you had a bad day Les, hope things get better for you.

Thanks. Yes thos docos on the Kimberley cruise and Ghan are good. We did the Ghan, Darwin to Adelaide and Indian Pacific, Adelaide to Sydney, in 2004, great experience, also did circumnavigation on Sun Princess in 2009, so those docos bring back memories.