When, If Ever, Will You Re-Book A Cruise?

Georgia_Peaches

On 12/20/2020 at 3:33 PM, LGW59 said:

Two booked here, Aug 28, 2021 from a L&S and April 22, 2022, just recently made booking.  I still feel very iffy on the 2021 but by 2022...will keep fingers crossed not just for cruising but more importantly for all of our safety and sanity!

Now call me crazy, but I booked another one last night.  Oct 2022 APEX - Med, Israel, Turkey, Cyprus, I guess I like giving Celebrity interest free loans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Now call me crazy, but I booked another one last night.  Oct 2022 APEX - Med, Israel, Turkey, Cyprus, I guess I like giving Celebrity interest free loans!

I hear you! We booked the Apex B2B a bit before yours...British Isles and Amsterdam to Rome.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Do not tempt me!!!   LOL

bon voyage

The last cruise I booked was just before Celebrity made changes last month. I've always booked refundable deposits. So we have 4 cruises booked between June 2021 and June 2022. I'm going to book cruises after final payment moving forward. My idea is to find a cruise I like and plan a land trip with the option of booking a cruise last minute.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

We do have the Pacific Coastal on the Millennium booked for September. Vacillating about taking it because of the possibility of forest fires impacting the great ports of call on this itinerary.

I did this 2 or 3 years ago and it was a great cruise. I'm thinking about booking one of the 10 day ones in 2022, hopefully things will be straightened out by then. 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:35 PM, TMLAalum said:

We do have the Pacific Coastal on the Millennium booked for September. Vacillating about taking it because of the possibility of forest fires impacting the great ports of call on this itinerary.

Our Empress cruise is no more thanks to her departure from the RCCL fleet.

Seriously considering the France/Spain voyages out of Southampton on the Silhouette.

We've also got this cruise booked for 9 September 2021. Great itineary and this will be our 5th Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise🤞. Our concern is will Celebrity not allow the 10 nights and shorten the cruise to less than 7 night 👎. Another concern is will Celebrity only allow us to get off the ship for ship sponsored shore excursions 👎.

I will book when I find booking to be a value to me. I don't see this at this time. AI means that I am now paying for a drink package and Internet to are loyalty benefits and the modification of benefits have removed MC/Retreat as a perk and I really, really enjoy that perk. I fully understand why Celebrity needs to make cuts and raise prices, but at least this cruiser won't book a Celebrity cruise at this time. 

Well, I will definitely wait another year before I can make sure that the pandemic is over, we got a vaccine and the countries I plan to visit have all of their restrictions taken down. Only after that I can start planning my future cruise. In other words, its hard to tell when exactly it will be safe to do so  

• 2 weeks later...

We were scheduled to sail on the Edge this month (01/2021). Trip was booked around April 2020 when we thought for sure life would be normal again in January. We all know how that has worked out.

When sailings were cancelled through end of February we mulled over our options and decided to lift & shift to Edge January 2022. Once again saying - certainly life will be back to "normal" again by 2022!

We miss cruising. Today, booked a November 2021 five night on Constellation out of Tampa. Deposit is refundable. Plenty of time before final payment is due. Figured it was worth it if only for the dream.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PBTravelBug said:

We were scheduled to sail on the Edge this month (01/2021). Trip was booked around April 2020 when we thought for sure life would be normal again in January. We all know how that has worked out.

When sailings were cancelled through end of February we mulled over our options and decided to lift & shift to Edge January 2022. Once again saying - certainly life will be back to "normal" again by 2022!

We miss cruising. Today, booked a November 2021 five night on Constellation out of Tampa. Deposit is refundable. Plenty of time before final payment is due. Figured it was worth it if only for the dream.

Right there with you, PBT!  Got an Aug 2021 Med (??) and a late April 2022 TA, feel much better about this one.  Either way, nice to have something to possibly look forward to.  Good luck!!!

• Like 1

A positive sign is there are now a number of cruises I am tracking.  Since I can only travel during certain months and in the middle of the month I fill up my bingo card and hope one of the numbers gets called.  I hope to be vaccinated by April but it will be land tours until something hits my price point for a cruise.  My best guess is something will pop up between September and May of next year - I’m hoping for a couple solid hits.

We missed three cruises in 2020 and I have booked a cruise in September 2021 and one in 2022. This is because we had deposits that we had to change to new cruises (no NRD in the UK). The Holy Land from Romes & Vietnam and the Phillipines from Singapose to Hong Kong as they are trips that really appeal.

Do not think I would book another cruise with new money until it all starts again. I am sixty September 2022 and fancy a Canada/Alaska trip although may try Cunard or HAL.

Have had Covid and now the vaccine (health worker) and keen to be travelling when this chaos is over. Currently mourning the loss of the European ski season as I usual go four times!

On 12/23/2020 at 12:16 PM, davekathy said:

We've also got this cruise booked for 9 September 2021. Great itineary and this will be our 5th Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise🤞. Our concern is will Celebrity not allow the 10 nights and shorten the cruise to less than 7 night 👎. Another concern is will Celebrity only allow us to get off the ship for ship sponsored shore excursions 👎.

Also on this sailing.  Looks like an absolutely wonderful cruise!  I also fear it will be cancelled.  Shortening would be next best, but I am worried about that as well.  The biggest issue is not the CDC prohibiting cruises that long (although it is an issue).  The biggest issue IMHO is  Canada allowing a ship in port.  Doesn't look promising.

I suspect, but have nothing other than cynicism for saying this, that the cruise lines will keep the 'ships excursions only' well beyond when they actually need to do so as it will bring in a lot of $$$.  I don't think that will be changing for a long while unfortunately.  I would love to be proven wrong.

6 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Also on this sailing.  Looks like an absolutely wonderful cruise!  I also fear it will be cancelled.  Shortening would be next best, but I am worried about that as well.  The biggest issue is not the CDC prohibiting cruises that long (although it is an issue).  The biggest issue IMHO is  Canada allowing a ship in port.  Doesn't look promising.

I suspect, but have nothing other than cynicism for saying this, that the cruise lines will keep the 'ships excursions only' well beyond when they actually need to do so as it will bring in a lot of $$$.  I don't think that will be changing for a long while unfortunately.  I would love to be proven wrong.

While I do have two cruises booked, 8/28/21 and 4/30/2022 but I am not expecting the Aug to sail.  Either way though, the biggest issue for us will be having to do the ships excursions, don't like them at all but if that is what they will be doing, will have to make a decision, still have plenty of time. 

On 12/23/2020 at 3:45 PM, bigbenboys said:

The cruise I booked last month is the Pacific Coastal on the Millennium for 3 May 2022. It is a easy cruise for us being on the west coast. This cruise gives us a 3rd option to use up our FCC.

We booked this too.....😊😊

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Right there with you, PBT!  Got an Aug 2021 Med (??) and a late April 2022 TA, feel much better about this one.  Either way, nice to have something to possibly look forward to.  Good luck!!!

Good luck to you as well!

Agree! It certainly is nice to have something to look forward to :)!

Our last cruise was March 2020. It was a last minute trip. A four night on Infinity. Arrived in port on March 9, 2020. 

As many others have said, I have no intent on booking a cruise for some time, if ever.

Once the cruise lines are underway and time has passed to determine what the on board product will be ....I will think about it.

A big issue for me regarding all cruise lines has been the constant downgrading and inconsistency over the past years, which caused me to very slow down cruise bookings. So until the cruise lines demonstrate consistency I will not purchase a cruise.

In the past day I have read numerous posts on many boards about people who have decided not to book but have made decisions like putting on an addition to their house, purchased a new vehicle (me), bought a vacation home...

So I am in the never book a cruise on a main line category unless I see demonstrable value to me for my $. And like others, in the interim I am planning land vacations in stead.

As soon as the first one opens up with a guarantee that it sails (so the second one 😉 as no doubt if I pay up the week before for the first they will cancel with 24hrs notice knowing my luck ) - I suspect it will still be masks in public areas (doesnt bother me that much) and no Self Service buffet (no loss there then - always disliked the concept of  them) - and I suspect it will be either scenic or one country open only to residents  

When though -  I have no idea - but it will be last minute.. I have now had everything refunded (over 6 from 2020) and have 2 deposits for 202121 on old lift and shifts one in August-Sep (suspect it wont happen as its Boston/Quebec/Boston and one in Dec in the Canaries which I think will go...

Im not paying out more deposits on what are basically fantasy cruises - especially those marketed for March to June - hopeful we may see UK scenics sometime after that