Suite tipping!

17 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am doing my first RCI suite, next year.  Should I tip extra, beyond standard tips 🙂😉 

Congratulations !

Personally, I don’t see where being in a suite (or not) would make any difference to your tipping philosophy. I recommend you tip the same as you always do.  The only additional person to whom you may (or may not) wish to tip would be the Suites Concierge. Whether you tip him/her will depend on how much service they provide to you.

• Like 2

Agree with some above ... it varies. The servers in the DL, CL or SL absolutely. The concierge that depends...we've had a few that did nothing but sat behind their desk and only came out the night before cruise end...Two of them that come to mind were the two on one of our Oasis cruise. We thought that it was just our opinion but after returning saw many posters that had felt the same.

Weigh each experience and then it's easy to decide who to tip for service rendered.

• Like 2

Another thread set up to brag about tips......the answer is no......no extra tips.....I don't tip extra in restaurants outside of the 18%.  I only tip for things that traditional tipped and only at the normal rates.  I do not tip luggage handlers at the port.....they are not tipped employees.  I prepay my tips, and everyone gets whatever share, they are supposed to get based on the cruise lines model.  18% is added to drinks already, and specialty restaurants.  Overtipping is very common on cruise ships.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am doing my first RCI suite, next year.  Should I tip extra, beyond standard tips 🙂😉 

Woohoo.  Tip what you think is appropriate ! I don't tip the bots behind the computers in the Suite Lounge unless they have a direct impact on my experience.  Coming up to me and telling me I have a nice watch, kissing my a$$,  or asking how my day has been doesn't deserve a tip - sorry.  If they pull some strings and make something happen, sure.  But saying hello and goodbye as we leave doesn't cut it for me. 

The cabin attendant, the servers - those folks get my $ and it makes me feel good to over tip them.  I can't imagine the folks they have to deal with!!!  

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Woohoo.  Tip what you think is appropriate ! I don't tip the bots behind the computers in the Suite Lounge unless they have a direct impact on my experience.  Coming up to me and telling me I have a nice watch, kissing my a$$,  or asking how my day has been doesn't deserve a tip - sorry.  If they pull some strings and make something happen, sure.  But saying hello and goodbye as we leave doesn't cut it for me. 

The cabin attendant, the servers - those folks get my $ and it makes me feel good to over tip them.  I can't imagine the folks they have to deal with!!!  

I agree, especially with the part in red.

• Like 1

I usually tip every person who visits my suite. I mean they still come to do something about it, not only the delivery of beverages or changing the bed. In any case, tipping is a good idea, especially these hard days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I usually tip every person who visits my suite. I mean they still come to do something about it, not only the delivery of beverages or changing the bed. In any case, tipping is a good idea, especially these hard days. 

You know what, that is a good point!  Here in MN, with indoor dining closed on and off, we make sure to tip our carryout people waaaay more than normal.  With the cruise suspension, I know all of the cruise employees are facing hard times.  I will do my best to tip at least double.

8 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

You know what, that is a good point!  Here in MN, with indoor dining closed on and off, we make sure to tip our carryout people waaaay more than normal.  With the cruise suspension, I know all of the cruise employees are facing hard times.  I will do my best to tip at least double.

I used to work in a Pizza delivery and trust me, this one dollar that  you leave to a guy may end up as his entire salary for a weekend in the end of the day. Just imagine how many people he visits and do something for them. This 1$ for you on vacation is NOTHING, while for him it may turn out a fortune. Always respect and give that dollar to the man