RCI just cancelled through to April 30, 2021.... Will X follow

little britain

As we embark on a new year, we're reminded of our very special partnership with each of you. You stood by us during the turbulence in 2020, while your passion and dedication to your clients never faded. Our commitment to providing the healthiest and safest vacation experience to our guests, crew and communities we visit remains our priority. We continue to prepare and develop our plan to meet the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). With this in mind, Royal Caribbean has made the tough decision to further extend our operational pause through April 30, 2021.

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Just received cancellation of my March 27 and April 3  Apex cruises. 

I have decided to go with a full refund and wait until ships start sailing before making any future cruise reservations. 

Wise decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I have decided to go with a full refund and wait until ships start sailing before making any future cruise reservations. 

I even more certain now, after reading all of these notices, that my Aug 28, 2021 APEX Europe will be cancelled.  I just wonder how this industry can survive if they end up canceling most or all of 2021.  

As RCG and NCLH are working so closely together, I now have grave doubts about my October TA on Oceania.    Still hoping Summit will sail in June, but doubt that one too.  Are they just waiting for vax/herd immunity?  Their research may tell them sailing with a mask will turn off customers for good, so they're waiting it out.  Just a hunch.

Haven’t received notice of our March 20, 2021 Apex but just read on Celebrity site. 

Tuesday, January 12th

Celebrity Cruises continues to focus on the healthy and safe return to cruising for guests, crew and the communities we visit. As we work closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and government authorities around the world toward this shared goal, we are extending the suspension of all sailings departing between March 1 and April 30, 2021 along with the Apex Transatlantic sailing of 5/1/21 and the 2021 Europe Season for Edge and Constellation's sailings departing May – October, 2021. Celebrity Cruises, as part of the Royal Caribbean Group, continues to work with our Healthy Sail Panel of globally recognized scientific and medical experts to come back stronger, and we look forward to welcoming our guests back on board. We are reaching out to our guests and travel partners to share further details and address any questions or concerns they may have

Our next Celebrity cruise is an 11-night ABC islands on Celebrity Silhouette March 28 - April 8, 2022.   This was originally booked in March of last year for Edge but Celebrity cancelled that and offered Lift and Shift to Silhouette S1 Syquite in the aft Port corner (2153).  Time will only tell if this one sails or not. 

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I even more certain now, after reading all of these notices, that my Aug 28, 2021 APEX Europe will be cancelled.  I just wonder how this industry can survive if they end up canceling most or all of 2021.  

You might be ok! I think Europe will be first to sail and late summer seems reasonable. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

You might be ok! I think Europe will be first to sail and late summer seems reasonable. Good luck!

Thanks and while I certainly hope so, will def not be the end of my world if it happens.  Disappointed sure but sad nah.  Then I will just have to look forward to my April 2022 TA!!

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Thanks and while I certainly hope so, will def not be the end of my world if it happens.  Disappointed sure but sad nah.  Then I will just have to look forward to my April 2022 TA!!

Yes I'm with you. I have already written off 2021 in my head but at least the confirmed cancellations give some clarity and the ability to plan for a more realistic time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Always a good decision to take the money now.

39 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Always a good decision to take the money now.

Yes, because ...

(1) One can put it to other uses immediately, and ...

(2) The cruise line may go bankrupt, making it difficult or impossible to regain the money.

That is why we took the money when we canceled April/May '21 cruises last October.

• Like 1

What baffles me here, there is an 8/28/21 Europe on Constellation that is cancelled.  I am on an 8/28/21 Europe APEX NOT cancelled, I don't get it?  Is it port based, no one really knows, just asking rhetorically.  

35 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

What baffles me here, there is an 8/28/21 Europe on Constellation that is cancelled.  I am on an 8/28/21 Europe APEX NOT cancelled, I don't get it?  Is it port based, no one really knows, just asking rhetorically.  

Booked on Apex, Sept. 18th, 2021. Seeing as the vaccinations in Europe are very slow, and the low percentage of people willing to be vaccinated in France, for example, no way this very contagious virus will be eradicated by this summer.

I'm especially saddened, because I've already got my 1st dose and will receive the 2nd one in 12 days. So, I'll be vaccinated and ready to go, but the other world isn't....

The authorities here claim, for the moment, that the vaccine is good for only 6 months...

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Booked on Apex, Sept. 18th, 2021. Seeing as the vaccinations in Europe are very slow, and the low percentage of people willing to be vaccinated in France, for example, no way this very contagious virus will be eradicated by this summer.

I'm especially saddened, because I've already got my 1st dose and will receive the 2nd one in 12 days. So, I'll be vaccinated and ready to go, but the other world isn't....

The authorities here claim, for the moment, that the vaccine is good for only 6 months...

Glad you are getting the vaccine!  From what I read, seems that Israel has done a really admirable job with the rollout.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, little britain said:

As we embark on a new year, we're reminded of our very special partnership with each of you. You stood by us during the turbulence in 2020, while your passion and dedication to your clients never faded. Our commitment to providing the healthiest and safest vacation experience to our guests, crew and communities we visit remains our priority. We continue to prepare and develop our plan to meet the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). With this in mind, Royal Caribbean has made the tough decision to further extend our operational pause through April 30, 2021.

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Almost certainly 

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Glad you are getting the vaccine!  From what I read, seems that Israel has done a really admirable job with the rollout.

Thanks, but, as I've mentioned, regarding cruising, I doesn't do me any good, if the rest of the world will not be vaccinated.....

I've just spent the last 10 mins looking for an alternative to the amazing itinerary Apex has this summer. Turns out next summer (2022) Apex will be doing mainly a northern itinerary (Amsterdam, Ireland), which I've done.

Edge will be doing the classic -- Barcelona, Rome, La Spezia, with a bit of Santorini, Rhodes and Mykonos, which I prefer... But I was so set up on Apex....