ALLURE ON THE MOVE AGAIN

54 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Just notice that the Allure has left  coco area  a day or so ago and sailing north to entrance to Freeport where she has been holding a position off the entrance to the shipyard

Will be interesting if she moves towards PC at some point.  I still have end of May cruise booked with her.  Not expecting that one to happen though.  😞 

1 minute ago, george35 said:

Ive got her booked for June 6th, still hoping.

george35

We would be disembarking as you arrive.  Hope we both get to go...though I don't hold out much hope. 

This cruise was booked many months ago.  Was to celebrate our 25th anniversary, and my birthday 5 days apart.  

On 1/18/2021 at 9:38 AM, island lady said:

Will be interesting if she moves towards PC at some point.  I still have end of May cruise booked with her.  Not expecting that one to happen though.  😞 

Just saw that you are  on end of may. We have allure 5-23. Also hopes she sails as on her7-18, 8-1, 8-29 & doing a 4 BTB  from 10-10-21 to 11-6. If no more cancellations  will make Pinnacle on the  10-24 cruise.  Got 3 BTB on Mariner but not looking to good unless they start the short ones up in early May.  Bob & Nancy

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

Just saw that you are  on end of may. We have allure 5-23. Also hopes she sails as on her7-18, 8-1, 8-29 & doing a 4 BTB  from 10-10-21 to 11-6. If no more cancellations  will make Pinnacle on the  10-24 cruise.  Got 3 BTB on Mariner but not looking to good unless they start the short ones up in early May.  Bob & Nancy

Yeah, but I have a sinking feeling (no pun intended) that my May cruises will not go.  Not looking good as far as I can see with restart...IMHO.

That puts my next scheduled cruise as B2B on Harmony 11/29.  

I was supposed to turn Pinnie last May.  So much for that.  It's like chasing that carrot on a string...if and when I finally get to cruise again...that next cruise is turn time.  😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, but I have a sinking feeling (no pun intended) that my May cruises will not go.  Not looking good as far as I can see with restart...IMHO.

That puts my next scheduled cruise as B2B on Harmony 11/29.  

I was supposed to turn Pinnie last May.  So much for that.  It's like chasing that carrot on a string...if and when I finally get to cruise again...that next cruise is turn time.  😉 

I believe it was June 2020 Celebrity's Captains Club started a Cruise Reward Program called "Power Up Points" (PUPs). Once a month the CC sends an Email out with Celebrity cruise related trivia type questions. By participating you earn PUPs (🐶🤣). Ten PUPs equals 1 Captains Club cruise point. Now if RC was doing something like that you'd be that mush closer to pinnacle for being landlocked. Who knows with the uncertainty of when cruising will resume you possibly could make pinnacle while sitting at home. 🍷  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I believe it was June 2020 Celebrity's Captains Club started a Cruise Reward Program called "Power Up Points" (PUPs). Once a month the CC sends an Email out with Celebrity cruise related trivia type questions. By participating you earn PUPs (🐶🤣). Ten PUPs equals 1 Captains Club cruise point. Now if RC was doing something like that you'd be that mush closer to pinnacle for being landlocked. Who knows with the uncertainty of when cruising will resume you possibly could make pinnacle while sitting at home. 🍷  

Eh...turning Pinnie at home doesn't get it for me.  For some reason Bucky will still refuse to bow to me when he brings me my happy hour wine.  😉   And he won't get it from me either.  😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

She's in Port Canaveral, which a bit unusual as all resupply trips have usually been to Miami.

Practice docking and getting ready for her summer season 😜😜

mac_tlc

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She's in Port Canaveral, which a bit unusual as all resupply trips have usually been to Miami.

Funny story...Many years ago, my wine distributor closed their doors to wine sales.  I was out of a job, but was waiting to disembark Mariner as a newly unemployed person.  Glanced down and saw the supply trucks.  One of them, U.S. Foodservice.  Emailed the company, had an interview that week, hired the next.  

And yes, Port Canaveral is very well set up to resupply the cruise ships.  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Practice docking and getting ready for her summer season 😜😜

mac_tlc

Probably not far off. I presume that the CDC CSO requirements are for a ship to certify out of its "Home" port. Since Allure is scheduled to begin her PC home port run on May 3, she may very well be getting ready to start her test cruise procedures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Probably not far off. I presume that the CDC CSO requirements are for a ship to certify out of its "Home" port. Since Allure is scheduled to begin her PC home port run on May 3, she may very well be getting ready to start her test cruise procedures.

Mariner is more likely to start first and she has not been to PC in quite a while (she resupplies like other ships in Miami).

Rumor has it she is picking up supplies and workers in PC to do something on board.  Friends staying at a local hotel bumped into some workers last night who were also staying at the hotel waiting for Allure to arrive this morning.  They didn't say what they were going to work on.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Rumor has it she is picking up supplies and workers in PC to do something on board.  Friends staying at a local hotel bumped into some workers last night who were also staying at the hotel waiting for Allure to arrive this morning.  They didn't say what they were going to work on.  

That would make sense since she's still docked at PC this morning.  Although I'm bummed we weren't able to sail on her for the Fall TA last year, here's to hoping they open booking soon for next year's Fall TA.  I'm ready to finally make Diamond on that cruise (assuming my June Alaska cruise for this year is cancelled).

• Like 1

A friend on periscope yesterday at Grills restaurant, right next to the ship, showed a construction frame hoisting some stuff up onto the pool deck. Couldn’t tell what it was, could be almost anything , but they were getting ready to do some work.

mac_tlc

19 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

A friend on periscope yesterday at Grills restaurant, right next to the ship, showed a construction frame hoisting some stuff up onto the pool deck. Couldn’t tell what it was, could be almost anything , but they were getting ready to do some work.

mac_tlc

Nothing purple sticking out of the box was there

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First thought would be they are loading the additional medical equipment required for return to cruising, but that wouldn't make sense to load that onto the pool deck.

Though I guess they could be loading social distancing stuff like plexiglass windows.

Edited by smokeybandit